Any advice on insurance for your kicks?

I have general home insurance but I'm worried that if anything were to happen to my collection, what would be the best way to legitimize the cost of anypotential claim?

I have a modest collection, but it does include some gems!
ohwell.gif

Any help would be appreciated!

Mods, if this is the wrong forum, my apologies and please move!

Make photo records of your shoes.

If they agree to your claims, use a website like PYS to assure the value of each shoe.

I remember a fellow NT'er months ago endured a home burglary while he was away and his mom gave insurance a website that sold variants for cheap toreference his collection. Needless to say he received a fraction of what he truly deserved.

grin.gif

^^ Ouch.. that sucks.

My dad has been saying he wants to insure my shoes, he just told me to give picture evidence. I'm not sure where I would find the value for most of them..

Thanks for the feedback NT! I think photographic evidence along with web references is the way to go. Do you think that a general picture along withSize/Product tag would be sufficient? My thinking is that the date of production is on the tag thus verifying the value (in-case of multiple releases andre-issues).

Thanks again folks!

I would increase my home insurance and document the fair market value (via ebay or other websites) and photos.

i got renters insurance with State farm. They were asking me what i had, computer, tv, jewelry, ect..... They asked if i had any "collectibles" itold them i had a bunch of shoes. They guy told me if they were retro jordans or anything ( sister works for Nike ) and that i didnt were some of them. I toldhim how many pairs how much they are worth a piece and thats about it

I remember a fellow NT'er months ago endured a home burglary while he was away and his mom gave insurance a website that sold variants for cheap to reference his collection. Needless to say he received a fraction of what he truly deserved.
Which reminds me of the one dude who came on here crying when his DMP got stolen out of his glass case, nobody believed him and ROASTEDhim
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... Anybody remember this? The whooooole time I had homeboys stolen 11's.
grin.gif
I bought em off of one of my boys who he got from dude who ran up inthe crib. Week later I get a subpoena at my crib about the kicks, I get the facts straight from my peoples and have to go to court for them 11's and giveem back. When I heard I had to give them up I wore them rain/sleet/snow alllllllllllllllllllllll over Philly.
laugh.gif

...good times.

Originally Posted by meshies

I remember a fellow NT'er months ago endured a home burglary while he was away and his mom gave insurance a website that sold variants for cheap to reference his collection. Needless to say he received a fraction of what he truly deserved.
Which reminds me of the one dude who came on here crying when his DMP got stolen out of his glass case, nobody believed him and ROASTED him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... Anybody remember this? The whooooole time I had homeboys stolen 11's.
grin.gif
I bought em off of one of my boys who he got from dude who ran up in the crib. Week later I get a subpoena at my crib about the kicks, I get the facts straight from my peoples and have to go to court for them 11's and give em back. When I heard I had to give them up I wore them rain/sleet/snow alllllllllllllllllllllll over Philly.
laugh.gif

...good times.

thats not cool at all man
indifferent.gif

thats not cool at all man
LOL. Dont get it twisted. I didn't ask any questions, my boy said he had some DMP's in my size. I met up with him, overlooked them to makesure they were real he gave me a price, price was great, I asked no questions and routed. When I heard I was about to get caught up in some court case for thedamn kicks I was salty so I wore them. No way my name shoulda came up in the whole situation. The heat wasn't being placed on me for the condition of theJ's so I was gonna get my $100 worth.

shoulda been salty at your boy for diming you out then...instead of trashing the kicks
Believe, there was alot of salt being passed out. I didn't trash the kicks either, I just wore them excessively for a week.

wearing the kicks once you know you will have to give them back....thats a horrible, you would not have rocked your DMP's for a week straight...

and as far as insurance goes, pictures pictures pictures.....you need to take pic of everything in your house or they will only give you an estimated averagevalue of household goods (TV, game systems, furniture, etc...) Since i am guessing most of us have more than an average amount of "stuff", anyonewith insurance (homeowners or renters) should take a bunch of pictures of everything, with out them there is no way to prove you actually owned anything yousay you did...and also keep receipts for things that decrease in value....but getting "fair market" value for sneakers is a very hard thing to do,you will have to have a very understanding insurance agent and more than likely an attorney (to fight the whole works of art stand point)...since the marketfor sneakers is so up and down its hard to get a fair market estimate, and with no real research of sustained value over a period of time, you will have a hardtime convincing them that $700 is the real value of those "old tennis shoes" from 1996......

i have been trying to get a written policy for along time now, I have over 400 pairs of kicks, and i keep hitting the same wall....funny they understand my momand her purse addiction but not my kicks!!!!! over all BS....

I don't blame the dude, I woulda been pissed if I bought something not knowing they were stolen and had to return em.

Back
Top Bottom