Any collegiate athletes in here (Track preferred but anyone who knows about training please come in!

Hello, so I'm a 6"2 170ish guy who wants to compete in the triple and long jump collegiately.  So, right now I'm at a D1 school in California and the day I came here I've always wanted to be on the track team ever since I graduated from high school.  In high school I was pretty athletic and in my junior year I had a pretty successful year, despite it being my first year competing in the sport.  As for my ambitions for making the track team, last year it didn't happen because i just couldn't handle everything and this year's a bust because the coach told me that the team does not have any more room for additional walk-ons.  So this entire year I want to get into the best shape I possibly can and over the summer I want to seek some sort of professional help possibly through a personal coach.  This summer I hit the gym but didn't really have a specific routine.  I'm trying to get six times a week but at times it's hard because my friends are busy with their own things.  I've also been trying to run the treadmill, I'm trying to log in four or so miles a day on that.  Does anyone have any advice for me, I'd like to know what kinds of food to eat (right now I'm surviving on ham sandwiches, PB & J's, almonds, cereal, and some snack bars), what routines to do at the gym, how often I should stretch, and any order tidbits of advice you guys out there have for me.  Very, very random, but when running on a treadmill, I tend to run on my toes only, which results in one of my pinky toes to start bleeding, should I change my running style, and how?  Thanks for the help, fellow NT'ers.

Back
Top Bottom