Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

Went to GolfSmith today and got fitted for the Mizuno JPX800 and they should be here by the end of the month.

Can't wait!!!
You set on the JPX800??  I would recommend getting the JPX800 Pros or even the MP-53.  Nothing feels better than a forged club.  Haven't played in a couple weeks since it started raining some up here but hit some balls yesterday, felt some weird pain right away on the top side of my left hand.  If it stays dry here I might play this weekend, need to get some new rain gear for the winter soon some of the courses I play will be pretty much swamps.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Went to GolfSmith today and got fitted for the Mizuno JPX800 and they should be here by the end of the month.

Can't wait!!!
You set on the JPX800??  I would recommend getting the JPX800 Pros or even the MP-53.  Nothing feels better than a forged club.  Haven't played in a couple weeks since it started raining some up here but hit some balls yesterday, felt some weird pain right away on the top side of my left hand.  If it stays dry here I might play this weekend, need to get some new rain gear for the winter soon some of the courses I play will be pretty much swamps.
sorry but i wouldn't listen at all to this statement. yeah sure forged irons feel great. i've played numerous sets of them. but if you got fitted to the jpx800 (non-pro) stick with them. the jpx800 are great irons. albeit super lofted but still great irons and can be played by any mid to high handicapper. jpx800 pros are also fantastic irons but i wouldnt go there if you've already gotten fitted. enjoy your new set!

speaking of which.... i got a gangload of new equipment....

bought a bushnell v2 rangefinder for hella hella cheap to replace my skycaddie.....

bought driver #11 but that never made it to the bag, ripped the shaft out and put it into driver #12..... nike vr tour with tour ad di6x aka the tiger driver... this thing is BEAST. i've already hit a few greens from the tee box. funny how the love of my life in 2010 came back and was old faithful....

now back to irons. i have the taylormade tp forged mc irons. custom spec'd out. some of the softest forgings of the year amongst major oems.... theyre definitely better feeling than this years mizunos.... but being a teacher, i dont have the time to range or play as often as i want (i used to play once a week, now its more like once a month). so on a whim, i bought some old nike vr cavity (casted, game improvements) and these things are straight as hell. absolutely hilarious how easy these irons are to hit. i'm kinda wondering if i should hold onto my tm mcs for the summer when i'll get more time to play.... but until then, nike vr full cavity irons....

Originally Posted by k0betw0

Can't wait!!!
sorry but i wouldn't listen at all to this statement. yeah sure forged irons feel great. i've played numerous sets of them. but if you got fitted to the jpx800 (non-pro) stick with them. the jpx800 are great irons. albeit super lofted but still great irons and can be played by any mid to high handicapper. jpx800 pros are also fantastic irons but i wouldnt go there if you've already gotten fitted. enjoy your new set!

speaking of which.... i got a gangload of new equipment....

bought a bushnell v2 rangefinder for hella hella cheap to replace my skycaddie.....

bought driver #11 but that never made it to the bag, ripped the shaft out and put it into driver #12..... nike vr tour with tour ad di6x aka the tiger driver... this thing is BEAST. i've already hit a few greens from the tee box. funny how the love of my life in 2010 came back and was old faithful....

now back to irons. i have the taylormade tp forged mc irons. custom spec'd out. some of the softest forgings of the year amongst major oems.... theyre definitely better feeling than this years mizunos.... but being a teacher, i dont have the time to range or play as often as i want (i used to play once a week, now its more like once a month). so on a whim, i bought some old nike vr cavity (casted, game improvements) and these things are straight as hell. absolutely hilarious how easy these irons are to hit. i'm kinda wondering if i should hold onto my tm mcs for the summer when i'll get more time to play.... but until then, nike vr full cavity irons....

For some reason I read he comment that he was going to Golfsmith tomorrow to get fitted for the JPX 800
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
  Don't know how I got that from what he posted.  If he already got fitted for them though then it is all good, I am sure he tried the pros and the mp 53 and the regular 800s worked the best for him.

Loving my Wilson DXI 8* driver. Put a Aldila RIP white beta in there and it is the longest one I've had in a while. Even longer than my 910 w aldila NV RIP. Liked it so much I went and got some FG Tour irons with KBS shafts.

Irons are still in trial mode, but loving the driver.

Anyone know any good websites or stores in the socal area that will buy golf shafts? I can't make a listing on the golfwrx forum because you're not allowed to sell uninstalled golf components in their marketplace.

I finally got my irons from Golf Smith. Mizuno JPX-800 HD

21cb69e.jpg
Are those BB S/L Wedges?
How do you like the JPX?  I know their lofts are all out of whack...they had the stupid advertisement guaranteeing you hit their 6 iron 12 yards further than your current 6 iron, making people think the clubs are that much better, but really it's just that their 6 iron (28 degrees), is like my 5 iron.  My 6 iron is 31 degrees.  

I guess that wouldn't really be a problem, as you just need to club down to get the same distance from your old set, but what happens to your short game?  

Finally picked up a R9 Superdeep with TM RIP 70x

Is the TM RIP the real deal, or would I be better off dumping the shaft and getting something higher grade?

Originally Posted by Johnson1

Shot a 98 at Diablo Creek in Concord. Lost my drive on 4 holes in a row. Just awful

Just saw this - was out there on 12/10..played ok and was on pace to break 100 until midway through the back 9 where I just completely lost it.  I made the mistake of wearing shorts (was decently warm all week) and just got super cold.  Wound up with a 119.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Finally picked up a R9 Superdeep with TM RIP 70x

Is the TM RIP the real deal, or would I be better off dumping the shaft and getting something higher grade?
Taylormade shafts are the real deal, they are not the made for shafts that most companies have.  They are just rebranded with TM graphics which is why TM doesn't charge mark ups on almost all their shaft options. 

I haven't hit a golf ball in a few months now.  Had nice weather until about 2 weeks ago here in the NW too, really cold but dry.  Now it is raining every day
30t6p3b.gif
  Going to hit the range on Saturday and maybe play 9 holes if it is nice out and my game isn't to bad.  Definitely going to overhaul my bag this Spring though, was going to go get fitted for irons soon but I need to get back and get my swing in a groove since I haven't played in quite a while.  Going to be getting new irons/wedges and a new 3 wood.

I went to the range yesterday and my left side is pretty sore
roll.gif

Anyway, I'm interested to play a round with the Superdeep, thusfar I have only hit it at the range.  It seems like it takes a total different trajectory than I'm used to, just curious to see what kind of carry vs. rollout I might see.  10.5 head with a RIP 70x, face at neutral setting, 4G weight by toe, 1G weight by heel.  I probably will want to buy the wrench/weight kit so I can play around with it some.

Sadly, I started hitting one of my old drivers, and I pured a couple on the sweet spot that were absolute bombs.  Hadn't felt that good to hit the driver in so long.  SQ 460 Tour 8.5 with Blueboard.  Not my favorite driver, but it was a beauty on the range.

eealto, what kind of trajectory r u getting with your superdeep?
My shots with the superdeep seemed like they were hanging up in the air longer.  Not quite a balooning trajectory, but they definitely were higher up than my normal drives, and they seemed like they had a steeper angle of descent.  Ball flight was not as penetrating as the 9.5 905R/Whiteboard Combo. I'm planning on getting out and playing next week, so I'll definitely have more to say about it once I've played it on the course.  

golfsmith has a 25 off 25 code: GOP@QQ0DTE63

i don't know exactly if it's a glitch or if it's legit but it's also a multi-use coupon code..... just fyi for the new year...

That code up there blew up, people were getting Nike hats for .49 or even .00 in some cases, I did one that came out to each of those and another order that didnt include the code, Im going to guess most of the orders with this code will be canceled but we will see. 

thought i'd throw this out to you guys, DSG has 50% off clearance shoes/apparel going on right now, I believe Golf Galaxy should be doing this as well soon, Ive seen some good deals for shoes around 40-45 by me, so just a heads up!

Thanks man definitely going to check that out, need some new shoes for winter since mine have had it as far as waterproofing goes. Played 2 days ago and was a bit better than I was expecting with not playing in a few months, shot a 44.

Thanks man definitely going to check that out, need some new shoes for winter since mine have had it as far as waterproofing goes. Played 2 days ago and was a bit better than I was expecting with not playing in a few months, shot a 44.
i kno you looking to get some shoes ont he cheap. but if you need a strictly winter / water proof shoe....

Nike%20Zoom%20Bandon%20Profile.jpg

seriously, the last shoe you'll ever need in wet / sloppy conditions. i played in these in torrential cali winter rain in winter of 2009. GREATEST thing ever. my feet were the only things that were dry. i combined them with metal spikes (the course was so flooded they said walking only and they didnt care if i had metal that day), and i had the greatest traction / driest shoe experience in wet weather.... drop the extra cash to ensure your feet stay dry for the winters...

i kno you looking to get some shoes ont he cheap. but if you need a strictly winter / water proof shoe....

seriously, the last shoe you'll ever need in wet / sloppy conditions. i played in these in torrential cali winter rain in winter of 2009. GREATEST thing ever. my feet were the only things that were dry. i combined them with metal spikes (the course was so flooded they said walking only and they didnt care if i had metal that day), and i had the greatest traction / driest shoe experience in wet weather.... drop the extra cash to ensure your feet stay dry for the winters...
I have been looking at those.  Alot of people that are serious about golf in the winter here in Oregon have them and swear by them.  Might just go ahead and get them since I walk alot and nothing is worse than wet feet.

I have been looking at those.  Alot of people that are serious about golf in the winter here in Oregon have them and swear by them.  Might just go ahead and get them since I walk alot and nothing is worse than wet feet.

if you look carefully you can easily find them lower than retail...

Originally Posted by ****dog16

That code up there blew up, people were getting Nike hats for .49 or even .00 in some cases, I did one that came out to each of those and another order that didnt include the code, Im going to guess most of the orders with this code will be canceled but we will see. 

I ordered a hybrid with this discount and it was supposed to be ready for pickup on the 7th from the store in Midtown Manhattan.  I sent an email yesterday to find out the status of my order as nothing was updated on the site.  The guy responded to me and said it was canceled for some reason and he doesn't know why.  So he is now offering me the hybrid for 15 dollars less than I would have payed with the code discount.  I can't complain and the fact that their customer service was that helpful and nice is great!

Back
Top Bottom