Any Golfers on NT?

I forget how my clubs were bent when I got them fitted at Golf Smith. I was hitting closer to the heel and I know they were bent 2 degrees. I'm gonna order a club from an eBay seller and need to tell him how to bend it. 2 degrees upright?

Matte black looks really good on the putter. Here's my sticks ready for today, first round in almost a year. 3w is covered by the driver.

6908260834_26ed8c75c8_z.jpg

Originally Posted by eaalto

And one of my favorite wedges, but not in the bag right now:

Cleveland Reg 588 BeCu 53
Those are the best wedges I have ever used. I had the 56 and 60, but can't find them anywhere in my garage. I have used Vokey wedges lately, but I wish I could find these again

Anyone hit the Adams XTD fairway yet?

Wont have the chance til demo day on the 28th, i need a new 3 wood and they are getting rave reviews.

dumped the brand new cameron golo HAHAHAHAHAHA..... i'm looking for a new putter in THE KINGDOM

I have the shanks
frown.gif

Hit a large bucket of balls and shanked more than half of them.  Pretty irritating.  I was making decent contact, then I'd shank one.  Relax for a few, hit 5 straight good shots, and then shank one.  Relax - and then shank 7 straight.  It was happening all day on the course as well.  Worst with the wedges.

I have the shanks
frown.gif

Hit a large bucket of balls and shanked more than half of them.  Pretty irritating.  I was making decent contact, then I'd shank one.  Relax for a few, hit 5 straight good shots, and then shank one.  Relax - and then shank 7 straight.  It was happening all day on the course as well.  Worst with the wedges.

1. make sure you DO NOT decelerate on your down swing.
2. make sure you return your hands to the same position at address.
3. make sure you DO NOT decelerate on your down swing.
4. keep your head down THROUGH impact.
5. make sure you DO NOT decelerate on your down swing.

an easy practice is to take a wedge, choke down and take a half backswing but a full through swing. also, do NOT lift your head up until you have FINISHED your through swing. i think a lot of times people at the range are so conscious about SEEING a result of their swing. remember, none of these swings actually count towards your score. it's more important that you are getting proper impact, swing positions and tempo. for me, a lot of my shots are visualized in my pre-shot routine. as a result, when i'm at a range which i practice and frequent (which really isnt often but i always go to the same range), i KNOW where my ball will land. as a result, i'll make the right swing and focus on the sound / feel of impact, my swing, and my tempo that i'll look up well after i hit the ball and then wait for the ball to land where i expected.

oh btw, i just booked my putter fitting at THE KINGDOM in Carlsbad with TM!!!

I got new golf shoes today, the Adidas AT360. The amount of spikes and cleats these have, it literally feels like I can hit someone and kill them. I'm definitely going to have to be careful on the greens because these could rip them up!

Can anyone tell me if/when the Nike Free spikes are coming out? I have been out of the loop for a while and just starting to get time to play again.

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Can anyone tell me if/when the Nike Free spikes are coming out? I have been out of the loop for a while and just starting to get time to play again.
I think the Nike rep I talked to said mid May?

Going to be limited and priced at $160 I believe.

Man, I havent golfed yet this season, although technically it is just getting underway here in Mass, although alot of places were open year round due to the mild winter. Need to get off my %%!$.

does anyone have any chipping tips? ive been through countless youtube vids and i cant really find any that really help with me with my chipping game.

I have the shanks
frown.gif

maybe you are standing too close to the ball...it happens to me occasionally also (my sandwedge
mad.gif
 )
Newest pickup, RocketBallz Hybrid 3...Bye Bye 3 iron 
laugh.gif

Oh and some visors for the Spring/Summer 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by codeIVC

does anyone have any chipping tips? ive been through countless youtube vids and i cant really find any that really help with me with my chipping game.

Phil Mickelsons secrets of the short game worked for me. 

LaceDemUp wrote:
maybe you are standing too close to the ball...it happens to me occasionally also (my sandwedge
mad.gif
 )

It was exactly this.  I hit the range for a few before my round today, had a couple shanks, but was mostly hitting them just fine.  1st hole I drove just shy of the green, and chipped on.  2nd hole I drove up the middle, hit a hybrid on approach, and chipped on.  It wasn't until I had iron in that I started having problems again, where I shanked consecutive 7 irons out of bounds.  For the rest of the day if I was hitting off of the fairway and I was under 200 in, I was just hitting punch shots with my hybrid and hoping to get close enough to the green to pitch/chip it close.  Ended up shooting a 52 on the front and something like a 47 or 48 on the back using that method (did have a birdie 
laugh.gif
).
Stopped by the range again after the round, and decided to experiment with standing further away from the ball, almost to where it really felt like I was reaching out to have the ball centered in the club face.  First swing, nutted down the middle.  Everything after that was perfect.  Occasionally I would find myself too close to the ball and shanking it off the hosel again, but once I made a conscious effort to repeat the same stance every time, with the same posture at address, I started hitting perfect shots each time.  

There happened to be a Callaway demo day at the range, so I got to hit a bunch of their clubs as well (Callaway Razr X Forged Muscle Backs are pretty nice).  I was pushing their 5 iron 200+, and it felt really nice.  Really nice ball flight with KBS tour shafts.

^^^Nice! You got it fixed...it's scary sometimes, all your confidence goes out the window and you wonder what the heck is going on.

I have my first match play event today.  30 total players, broken up into 2 16 player brackets (#1 gets first round bye).  I am a 13 seed playing against a 4 seed today.  My handicap is 16 to my opponents 10, so I get a 1 stroke advantage on the 6 hardest holes.  If I can stay on point with my iron striking and continue to drive the ball like I was yesterday, I should be in fairly good shape.  I will post the results on here later!

I've been trading in a lot of clubs, and I ended up with a Titleist 910 Hybrid 21 degree.  Club is pretty easy to hit, will have to play around with the adjustments some more to find ideal ball flight, but for now I have it at standard loft and life, which I believe plays to a slight fade.

frown.gif

Had about 15 shanks on the course during my match.  We were all square through 7 holes, and my opponent gave me the perfect opportunity on the 8th when he drove his first tee shot out of bounds, and I had a great drive to 200 yards in. I topped my second shot, shanked my third shot, over shot the green, shanked and over shot the green, and then missed my next approach shot that would have tied the hole.  So many wasted opportunities.

What phone GPS apps are you using?

I used Golflogix the other day and it was okay but the hole layouts that are "drawn" in are a little suspect to me...

I have Android btw.

Back
Top Bottom