Any Golfers on NT?

I need help. Looking to head down to San Diego and Torrey Pines is on the list. Paying non SD resident fees is not on the list. I'll do it if I have to but would appreciate any help in making this day on the trip a bit cheaper. PM me, my homie and I will be in SD end of February maybe looking into it now. Will be looking for 36 that day so gonna play North and South course.

Also gonna play Balboa, Mt. Woodsen. Maybe Arrow wood and Cornado too. Any other suggestions for hidden Gems in the SD area?

Cheers for help.

I would skip Coronado unless you want to barely finish 18 in 5+ hours. Pace of play is :x

Then again, I play hella fast :lol:

I would skip Coronado unless you want to barely finish 18 in 5+ hours. Pace of play is
sick.gif

Then again, I play hella fast
laugh.gif
lol cheers any other suggestions for a nice one?

Hi, everyone. Long time lurker finally leaving a comment in the thread.

Anyone ever play The Old Course at St. Andrews before? Me and a couple of co-workers are planning out a small trip sometime during mid-October to Scotland. A buddy of mine knows a member at The Old Course and he's said he would love to host us for a day. I gotta admit, I've played at Bethpage and Pine Valley before, but this feels a little intimidating. I'm scared of those damn greens. They look HUGE!

I've never played it but I walked a portion of it a few weeks ago.

It's not scary like a lot of US Open courses - it's mostly the weather and brutal rough that make it interesting. The first fairway is about a mile wide so it's hard to be embarrassed on that one.

Definitely worth it just to say you did - you can't just turn up and pay though - you need to get a time through an agency or go in the lottery I think.

thinking about investing in a nice set of PING G30 irons. Anybody share some thoughts on them? 2nd option are Mizuno JPX-EZ forged irons. 

been researching a lot and i need a forgiving set. 

thinking about investing in a nice set of PING G30 irons. Anybody share some thoughts on them? 2nd option are Mizuno JPX-EZ forged irons. 
been researching a lot and i need a forgiving set. 

Cant speak on the 30's but I do have the G25's... I like them... Easy to hit... The CS shafts seem to balloon the ball, but I am not that good of a golfer so I dont care about ball flight... They go straight when you pure them or mi**** them slightly... Seems like as my swing got better the yellow dot that I was fitted too made them miss left too often... May have them adjusted to black and see how that works... Go and hit them and if you can have somebody that knows how to analyze a swing help you out.

I have G25's black dot and love them. Coming off Taylormade from many years ago.

Agree with the above, as I am trying to fine tune my mechanics and playing around with them a lot, the G25s allow me some give but not so much as to lead to false sense of ability.

First 9 in the bag... 45 with some awful iron play on the first two holes... It was 45* with 20mph winds.... Not pleasant but happy that I got some good swings in the memory bank

I am trying to get in a couple of rounds in the next couple of weekends here...first ones of the new year.

Then off to Maui and Kauai to play.

i got my g25 irons in the bag.... with recoil 110 stiff graphite shafts.... i don't play much anymore (about once a month). but i shoot low 80s everytime i play now because of these irons.... stupid easy to hit and make my game easy (my entire bad minus driver / 5 wood is all ping)

play your best

I'm so damn geeked for The Masters :pimp: Nothing beats the drama of a close Sunday finish at a major, especially The Masters :pimp:

Definitely juiced for the Masters. It's a long shot but I need to see my boy Rickie Fowler win his first major. It's time :nthat:

Definitely juiced for the Masters. It's a long shot but I need to see my boy Rickie Fowler win his first major. It's time
nthat.gif
Damn right man. Hopefully Lefty and (cough) Tiger are on the leader board come Sunday too. Def rooting for Fowler though. 

Yo. What y'all think is up w Rickie's game this season? Think he was partying too much? Just in a bit of a funk?

Man, he has been slumping a little lately and all the attention his girl has been getting lately can't be helping :smh:

+1 after the first day ain't a good start but it can certainly be worse. Hope he picks it back up tommorrow.

Man all you guys love Rickie Fowler :lol: Is it the "anti-golfer" sort of vibe?

I know it's early but Spieth is locked in. Wouldn't mind him winning but hope it stays competitive. For monetary purposes I would really like Jason Day to win :smile:

Spieth playing with his **** out.
Unreal. This dude is about to take all Rory's shine. Nike gonna try and be all on his ****. Edit - never mind. UA just re-upped him on a 10 year deal, terms undisclosed. 

Tiger 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom