Any Golfers on NT?

Just to bring this up though. That guy with the 44 deg PW is insane. That is how companies like TM advertise "more distance" they are straight up messing with lofts. My 9 iron is 44 deg and PW is 48. Also I think a lot of amatuers can do with only 3 wedges. Most can't get distances dialed as it is. So something like a PW, GW, then a 58 deg for sand/lob
I don't think having a 44* PW makes that much of a difference. Most companies these days have the PW at about a 45 deg mark. Mines at a 45* and Titleist AP1 have theirs at a 44*. 

If anything I would question a 9i being 44* that seems way too high imo. 

that's not what i meant. if you are right-handed, try rotating your left hand clockwise on your grip. this will help keep the club face closed at impact.

that's not what i meant. if you are right-handed, try rotating your left hand clockwise on your grip. this will help keep the club face closed at impact.
yeah and thats what i did in order to get a better grip on the club. just got back from the range and it helped. 

Main thing know is staying patient, especially on my backswing. Sometimes I got anxious and have a really quick back swing. Need to learn to have a nice tempo. 

Last edited:
Took advantage of a groupon for golf lessons here in the Piedmont Triad area.

3 one-on-one sessions, 1 hour each. Paid $87 total. It's at the local golf school with a PGA pro

I normally like teaching things to myself but golf is just to complex for that. Much more efficient IMO to have someone dissect your swing and to point out things you're doing wrong. Worst thing is to have to unlearn bad habits that have been committed to muscle memory.

I've started back up again after a 2 year hiatus and I want to be back for good since you can play golf here year round in NC where my current rotation assignment is. I want to make sure my mechanics are good so I can start good habits early

lessons from a Pro are always a good idea, especially when u are starting out. Good luck

Thanks homie. This thread is perfect since its a new passion I've reignited this past summer.

Dopest part about it, which is different from when I was taking lessons 6-7 years ago, is that this instructor films your swing and throws it on a memory stick for you to see.

The way you visualize your swing is almost always different than how it is in reality. For example, my homie was pointing out that my alignment was off. And I didn't believe him and he laid down a club and showed that it was indeed off.

The way I see it, no one is above taking advice and lessons. At any skill level. I'm always picking my co workers brains about golf because I want to absorb everything

Oh it's 100% overkill. Trust me I'm aware, just haven't rectified

It's all good. My brother carries like 17 clubs. A wilson sand wedge plus the SW from his set for when he doesn't want to mess up the gun blue wedge!

a 3/4/5 wood. sometimes forcing yourself into less options makes you face those uncomfortable situations and conquer them!

second note:

those guys recommend a grip change to fix slices should understand that it isn't the cure all the time.

see this article:

http://www.golfwrx.com/317096/the-problem-with-a-strong-grip/

great article to find the right grip:

http://www.golfwrx.com/32878/get-a-grip-find-the-perfect-one-for-you/

and lastly...find a PGA pro and try it out! Those dudes go through a ton of schooling and book work. I would rather pay for their opinion than search for free answers from internet driving range heroes.

(no offense to you guys. I learned the hard way that's all.)

It's all good. My brother carries like 17 clubs. A wilson sand wedge plus the SW from his set for when he doesn't want to mess up the gun blue wedge!

a 3/4/5 wood. sometimes forcing yourself into less options makes you face those uncomfortable situations and conquer them!

second note:

those guys recommend a grip change to fix slices should understand that it isn't the cure all the time.

see this article:

http://www.golfwrx.com/317096/the-problem-with-a-strong-grip/

great article to find the right grip:

http://www.golfwrx.com/32878/get-a-grip-find-the-perfect-one-for-you/

and lastly...find a PGA pro and try it out! Those dudes go through a ton of schooling and book work. I would rather pay for their opinion than search for free answers from internet driving range heroes.

(no offense to you guys. I learned the hard way that's all.)

I'm taking my first lesson in probably 5-6 years sometime this week. How would yall prepare for a lesson? I would hate to go in blind and not get my full money's worth. I really want to milk this dude (pause) for all the info he's got :lol:

I think the number one thing hurting my game is my slice and consistency. I'll probably ask questions about that.

Got out and played today for the first time in about 2 months, played horribly but did get a birdie each side and chipped in for par. Need to get in to it again but it's a shame that the wet season in Seattle is just around the corner. Need to step the game up cuz Hawaii in February and planning the bandon trip for April. Thanks for letting me share the cool story and I hope you lot played better than me today.

Nice- played out there in May for my first time on that island and my first round of the year. Poipu Bay

Thinking about sending back my Callaway Xtreme set in exchange for the mizuno jpx 800 to callaway exchange

Played again, struggling with the contact pause. I haven't played this poorly since I first picked up clubs 3 years ago. I took solace in my putting tho, got around in 32 putts and was 1 putted 7 times, offsetting the couple of 3 putts I had, and I was nailing 10-15 footers. Everything else was a shambles tho, couldn't get off the tee topping approaches etc. Will get back to where I was(mid 80's-low 90's) cuz shooting in the 100's just really hurts the backside.

Played today, 2 blow up holes a missed 3 footer and a couple rimmed out putts stopped me from breaking 90 today. Almost where I was again a couple months ago. Gonna go down and play in Portland on Tuesday and hoping to get employee passes. Long shot I know, but any assistance getting into the sacred grounds known as the employee store would be appreciated beyond belief. I won't say much cuz Meg is watching like the eye of Sauron and I don't want to get anyone fired for hooking it up on the whim it can be done. Thanks

Played today, 2 blow up holes a missed 3 footer and a couple rimmed out putts stopped me from breaking 90 today. Almost where I was again a couple months ago. Gonna go down and play in Portland on Tuesday and hoping to get employee passes. Long shot I know, but any assistance getting into the sacred grounds known as the employee store would be appreciated beyond belief. I won't say much cuz Meg is watching like the eye of Sauron and I don't want to get anyone fired for hooking it up on the whim it can be done. Thanks

No hookup on employee store passes, but where are you thinking about playing in Portland?

I went over to Bend last weekend and played a few courses, played like ****, driver was really failing me but still managed some good holes, shot a terrible 92 on eagle crest resort course

Last edited:
No hookup on employee store passes, but where are you thinking about playing in Portland?

I went over to Bend last weekend and played a few courses, played like ****, driver was really failing me but still managed some good holes, shot a terrible 92 on eagle crest resort course

Not sure where I'm playing. I've only played down there once years ago. I'm always hoping for pumpkin ridge of course but we'll see what's good. Probably a muni around Beaverton is the more realistic choice for the day.

Back
Top Bottom