Any Golfers on NT?

That' the plan... it'll be 44 degrees on tee time.

We played all last year during the winter. I have to break out my hunting/rain gear. But I've already missed so much time not golfing I feel like I have to make up time.

Should be a lot of fun bringing in the new year playing.

currently got golf prides MCC 4's, my local golf shop has 50% off grips, thinking about switching to cp2's any other recommendations?

currently got golf prides MCC 4's, my local golf shop has 50% off grips, thinking about switching to cp2's any other recommendations?
In the past I used MCC's, then MCC+4's. Last year I used SuperStroke TX1's. I like them, pretty much a ripoff of the MCC's but cheaper and I liked the design better :lol:. I think I got em for like $4 a grip. Well worth it if you can find em for that price. Honestly any kind of rubber/cord grip nowadays is pretty good.

Gonna be close to 60 degrees this weekend in Philly. I may finally get out if the rain cooperates :nerd:.

I use tour velvet I had MCC when I first bought my irons but didnt have the purple color when it was time to regrip so went with TV ever since. Cheap and works great, not as firm as MCC in colder months.

You guys regrip yourselves? Bought me a cheap compressor once I found how easy it was and the savings. I don’t use grip tape so I can put a full set on in 30mins.

I use tour velvet I had MCC when I first bought my irons but didnt have the purple color when it was time to regrip so went with TV ever since. Cheap and works great, not as firm as MCC in colder months.

You guys regrip yourselves? Bought me a cheap compressor once I found how easy it was and the savings. I don’t use grip tape so I can put a full set on in 30mins.
I regrip my own but I do it old fashioned with solvent/tape. I use extra wraps under my grip so idk how beneficial using an air compressor would be :ohwell:.

I regrip my own but I do it old fashioned with solvent/tape. I use extra wraps under my grip so idk how beneficial using an air compressor would be :ohwell:.

Same here... Jut put NDMC platinum/navy on yesterday... Now I have to wait a couple months before the ground thaws.

I have the air compressor but i dont have a vice, wonder how difficult it would be without one

The air is just to get them on/off without needing solvent, you wrap as many layers as you need. The problem with traditional tape/solvent is you will more than likely have to cut the grip off; using air you can switch grips, realign, etc fairly easy.

I have the air compressor but i dont have a vice, wonder how difficult it would be without one

Buy one from amazon they are pretty cheap. They have permanent ones you bolt to a work bench or temporary ones.

Im sure it’s possible without but seems like its a two man job one to hold the club and the other to put the grip on.

The air is just to get them on/off without needing solvent, you wrap as many layers as you need. The problem with traditional tape/solvent is you will more than likely have to cut the grip off; using air you can switch grips, realign, etc fairly easy.
Interesting, I thought the extra wraps would make it harder for the grip to get on with the compressor.

Buy one from amazon they are pretty cheap. They have permanent ones you bolt to a work bench or temporary ones.

Im sure it’s possible without but seems like its a two man job one to hold the club and the other to put the grip on.
Not sure how much of a correlation there is, but I put my grips on with solvent/tape without a vice :lol:.

Just grabbed these.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 12.36.32 PM.png

https://www.nike.com/t/air-zoom-gimme-mens-golf-shoe-BkG4y8/849955-800

$45 (discount applied in cart), free shipping, 10% back with eBates.

Interesting, I thought the extra wraps would make it harder for the grip to get on with the compressor.

Not sure how much of a correlation there is, but I put my grips on with solvent/tape without a vice :lol:.

is it hard to line up? i have some extra MCC's i just dont want to ruin them to save $3 :lol:

is it hard to line up? i have some extra MCC's i just dont want to ruin them to save $3 :lol:
Nah not at all. I'm pretty generous with the solvent so it gives me a good 1-2 mins to rotate the grip to line it up. If you're using a compressor you can just try to realign as much as you need to though since you don't have to expose the sticky part of the wrap.

20180127_074203.jpg

My brother's birthday round, Dublin Ranch Golf in Nor Cal... the sights around the course were crazy. Course was very challenging too, shot a damn 110, more familiarity I'll be fine. Going back soon.

Nah not at all. I'm pretty generous with the solvent so it gives me a good 1-2 mins to rotate the grip to line it up. If you're using a compressor you can just try to realign as much as you need to though since you don't have to expose the sticky part of the wrap.

Reporting back, worked just fine :nthat:

Nah the air expands the grip so it slides on with little effort.

Now thats a first. Ive seen a lot of people install grips but never without a vise even with solvent soaked grips; which starts to make the grip and tape tackey fairly quick but if it works thats fine. The benefit of air is you don’t have to cut the grip off to remove it.

I actually stopped aligning my grips with the clubface. I turn them 180 so nothing shows that way I rely solely on the face. At some point grips move not every surface of the tape cure properly. So if it shifts a few mm you probably wouldn’t notice but if your suddenly slicing the ball that’s probably why :lol:

Back
Top Bottom