Any Live Near or Go to Norfolk University or Hampton?

Hampton??? That's that other side of the water talk. I can't speak on the important issues like quality of education b/c i attended neither (GOMonarchs... Lol), but NSU has the better homecoming, night life spots, malls in the area (as far as fashion goes). They also have a lot of highschool kids,people who don't attend college, and abundance of closeby ignorant folks (my peoples). Lol. So yeah, i guess Hampton would be better. Lol

ODU has the best library aside from VA Beach Central and the worlds finest unfinished Monorail system that started construction in 2002 and has not beencompleted yet. Lol

ODU has the best library aside from VA Beach Central and the worlds finest unfinished Monorail system that started construction in 2002 and has not been completed yet. Lol

laugh.gif
so true.
smh.gif
at the waste of my tuition bread

NSU is kinda ghetto, but I guess a decent school. Unless you suck at school, you should be able to get accepted. Not too far from MacArthur and Military CircleMall and Granby Street, which is one of the best places for bars and such.

HU is a private school, so therefore mad expensive. People from all over go there, but they're usually rich, and a lot of the people are bougie, cept frommaybe the athletes. Not ghetto. HU is better at most sports tho.

There are some people that have affluent parents that give the overall school a bad wrap in that regard, but most of the people are down to earth once theysettle in.

Originally Posted by Scott Scotch

I am in no way biased, but Hampton is the greatest university one could attend. lol
Amen...... from the congregation....

HU is a private school, so therefore mad expensive. People from all over go there, but they're usually rich, and a lot of the people are bougie, cept from maybe the athletes. Not ghetto. HU is better at most sports tho.

Nah...... not even close... Tuition is high ( about 20K a year) but when me and others went there back in the gap (90's) it wa 10K/year...

HU aint been bougie since waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back.....

I was joking (halfway) about the bougie part. Most of the HU people I know are cool. By "rich" I mean "not poor" like me. I could knock outlike 3-4 years at ODU for one year there. Massive debt + single sex dorms & curfew = no good

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

Hampton??? That's that other side of the water talk. I can't speak on the important issues like quality of education b/c i attended neither (GO Monarchs... Lol), but NSU has the better homecoming, night life spots, malls in the area (as far as fashion goes). They also have a lot of highschool kids, people who don't attend college, and abundance of closeby ignorant folks (my peoples). Lol. So yeah, i guess Hampton would be better. Lol

it feels goood to be a monarch
pimp.gif
(class of 2010....hopefully
laugh.gif
)

i go to nsu but i live in va beach by way of manassas...nsu is aight i like it...its ghetto tho... we had a shooting on campus at the beginning of lastsemester and NOBODY heard about it... i dont even remember REAL police showing up...and the surrounding area aint no joke...walk to 7-11 in pairs lol...but ilike it tho...the shopping is superb i can get the same stuff i can in DC minus Solbiato n some chicken n mumbo sauce...and admissions aint **%...i think igraduated with like a 2.3...if that...

and admissions aint **%...i think i graduated with like a 2.3...if that...
I'm glad you are continuing your education, but cot damn. Did you even try in HS?

j/k

But seriously.... lol

Ive been to the Hampton Roads schools to visit...not really impressed with the campus, people or much of anything when i visited. To each there own.

Originally Posted by Renzo289

i go to nsu but i live in va beach by way of manassas...nsu is aight i like it...its ghetto tho... we had a shooting on campus at the beginning of last semester and NOBODY heard about it... i dont even remember REAL police showing up...and the surrounding area aint no joke...walk to 7-11 in pairs lol...but i like it tho...the shopping is superb i can get the same stuff i can in DC minus Solbiato n some chicken n mumbo sauce...and admissions aint **%...i think i graduated with like a 2.3...if that...

speaking of chicken & mumbo sauce..i go to ODU..is there any carry out around here that got it?

I go to ODU and its ok here. But where can I cop kicks, besides Nordstrom McArthur mall flatout sucks.

Just graduated from Norfolk State University. It was aight. HU has all the girls. ODU is just a good all around. The one good thing about Norfolk was MiliataryCircle Mall. They have a lot a sneaker stores and they get every sneaker release(limited, quickstrike, gr, etc.). The best mall i've been to.

^^^AceBoogie, go to Military Circle Mall or The Commonwealth (on 23rd Street in Norfolk), or Solebrothers (Near the Commonwealth), to cop sneakers. McArthurmall is like a fake #$@ Tysons Corner to me.

lol naa i gave up after my freshman year in HS...i was never there my senior year and aint decide that i wanted to go to college until the end of my junioryear...my gpa sucked but my SAT score was like 1530 or somethin like that...anyways theres like 5 sb accounts in the norfolk/va beach area but sole brother isa great spot and the owner of that store Chris is good peoples i will continue to support him until i go back to noVA and get at Elliot in Elite...militarycircle is like THE spot for urban account sneaks...when i saw the flightposites in there i was surprised...and i heard some cats from DC made the carryout onthe corner of VA beach blvd and park ave start carrying mumbo sauce...i aint been in there in a while tho...Wings n Things in Janaf shopping center is purecooked coke tho...

HU got some girlies but the roads are terrible, so don't be mad when your rims are bent.
grin.gif

But NSU
pimp.gif

Oh yea I don't go to either one yet.

Man it's bad broads at all the schools in the area. HU you just gotta get an older chick who don't stay on campus cause aint nathan going down with thesecurity gate. HU does have some especially bad ones tho.

HU got some girlies but the roads are terrible, so don't be mad when your rims are bent.

real talk. the city of Hampton period has horrible roads.

Id suggest NSU, I am biased being that I graduated from there. I had the whole experience, went there on a football scholarship and got a degree inComputer Science. What are you trying to major in?? That would probably be the decision making point of which school to go to. NSU definitely has one of thebest Science and Technology departments around. The nursing school from what I hear is easy to get in but hard to get out. My lady majored in Business/Entrepreneurial Studies and she has a pretty good career going. We came out in May 06'. The Financial Aid building is a place of hassel though. If you haveany paperwork that needs to be mailed in, Id suggest you hand deliver it cause they will claim they didn't get it. Something has to get lost from time totime with all the students that go there. Campus life was great I stayed on campus ALL 5 years (I redshirted so i had 5 years to play 4). I stayed in the"Suites" the first semester they opened which are the on campus apartments which are really nice.

Frat life is REAL big (as on any other HBCU). Like somebody said earlier our homecomings are a real big event, and the annual Battle of the Bay game against HUis a sellout fashion show every year. You have a mix of people from everywhere that go there, California, New York, Jersey, DC/MD (big population), Barbados,Ethiopia, etc You'll enjoy the girls there and if you stay on campus in the "Towers" or "Scott" you definitely enjoy yourself!

In other words its a good school where you will definitely get a quality education, besides more than half of HU's educational departments are not evenaccredited, true story!

Originally Posted by Haf A Mil

Id suggest NSU, I am biased being that I graduated from there. I had the whole experience, went there on a football scholarship and got a degree in Computer Science. What are you trying to major in?? That would probably be the decision making point of which school to go to. NSU definitely has one of the best Science and Technology departments around. The nursing school from what I hear is easy to get in but hard to get out. My lady majored in Business/ Entrepreneurial Studies and she has a pretty good career going. We came out in May 06'. The Financial Aid building is a place of hassel though. If you have any paperwork that needs to be mailed in, Id suggest you hand deliver it cause they will claim they didn't get it. Something has to get lost from time to time with all the students that go there. Campus life was great I stayed on campus ALL 5 years (I redshirted so i had 5 years to play 4). I stayed in the "Suites" the first semester they opened which are the on campus apartments which are really nice.

Frat life is REAL big (as on any other HBCU). Like somebody said earlier our homecomings are a real big event, and the annual Battle of the Bay game against HU is a sellout fashion show every year. You have a mix of people from everywhere that go there, California, New York, Jersey, DC/MD (big population), Barbados, Ethiopia, etc You'll enjoy the girls there and if you stay on campus in the "Towers" or "Scott" you definitely enjoy yourself!

In other words its a good school where you will definitely get a quality education, besides more than half of HU's educational departments are not even accredited, true story!

True that. I graduated from NSU (fall 07) with a computer science degree and every thing is lovely right now for me
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom