Any Minimalist NTer's? If so...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by bijald0331

A pompous term if I've ever seen one.

How so, man? 
[h2]What Is Minimalist Lifestyle?[/h2]
It is a lifestyle of simplicity. A minimalist de-clutters his life of unnecessary things, avoids accumulating stuff by buying only the things he needs. He focuses on the most important things in his life and on achieving his goals. He lives a life of freedom and happiness.

Whoever wrote this is so full of himself that any minimalism was balanced by proportionate growth of his head. 

Why does this term exist exactly? Reread that definition and click that link and tell me it isn't just living the way you want to live. Don't buy books? What if you consider books important to your life? Then buy them? Okay. Sounds familiar. People call it minimalism to make it sound sophisticated. That's why the term is pompous. 
dont be stupid. theres a difference. most people buy stuff thats not terribly important to their lives. just because you want something, it doesnt make it important. the term isnt pompous, its a reference to a specific lifestyle. get your head out of your butt and stop being a prick.

Some people are a little off on this philosophy. For starters, this isn't just "buying and consuming". It's about spacing, organization, and efficiency. For what I can see, the Japanese are some of the best at this simply because there isn't a lot of space in Japan.

Anyways, for instance your living space. Are you the type that has mail lying around everywhere? Loose papers on your desk? Bunch of things taking up a small amount of space? (Bunch of wires tangled up around your entertainment system). Minimalism takes care of all of this. If you don't need it, throw it away. If you do, find efficient storage. I'm a Container Store fan so I get a good amount of containers from there to organize things.

I find it hard to function with a bunch of clutter. Why do people have 65 icons on their desktop? Organize into folders and get rid of junk on your comp that you don't need. I cleaned this dude's computer out the other day that had about 15 install files on his desktop. You don't even need those after you install the program, and they take up space on your HD.

It's hard to condense this philosophy and lifestyle into a couple posts but just remember, spacing, organization, and quality. I'll never understand the folks who have 5 art pictures on one tiny wall (looking at you mom).

Some people are a little off on this philosophy. For starters, this isn't just "buying and consuming". It's about spacing, organization, and efficiency. For what I can see, the Japanese are some of the best at this simply because there isn't a lot of space in Japan.

Anyways, for instance your living space. Are you the type that has mail lying around everywhere? Loose papers on your desk? Bunch of things taking up a small amount of space? (Bunch of wires tangled up around your entertainment system). Minimalism takes care of all of this. If you don't need it, throw it away. If you do, find efficient storage. I'm a Container Store fan so I get a good amount of containers from there to organize things.

I find it hard to function with a bunch of clutter. Why do people have 65 icons on their desktop? Organize into folders and get rid of junk on your comp that you don't need. I cleaned this dude's computer out the other day that had about 15 install files on his desktop. You don't even need those after you install the program, and they take up space on your HD.

It's hard to condense this philosophy and lifestyle into a couple posts but just remember, spacing, organization, and quality. I'll never understand the folks who have 5 art pictures on one tiny wall (looking at you mom).

Basically living with the things you essentially need. Eliminating the unnecessary. Doing more with less and being content with it. Keeping it simple, enjoying the small things, free of clutter both in lifestyle and in mind, not having to worry. There's people out there who are far more dedicated more so than others. I'm sure theres more to it then I what I said but that's what I'm trying to get at.
laugh.gif

I think what all of you guys are trying to describe is living simply...
Basically living with very few possessions. Cooking a lot of your food from scratch or even growing it yourself. Reducing your environmental footprint. There's nothing "pompous" about it... 
eyes.gif
it's choosing to be simple.

I am a college senior and this last summer I was living pretty damn simply in Minneapolis. I lived in a run-down frat house for $300 a month (a steal up there) here's a pic of my room... we called it "Hamsterdam" 
laugh.gif

btw I know NT is going to clown this set-up 
nerd.gif
 but it's how things were, and I liked it

6p282h.jpg

- no air conditioning

- only a mattress and a sheet to sleep on

- one window

- a fridge with basic foods in it... I ate salads or fruits 95% of the time. Sometimes I grilled out with my friend's grill.

- a closet with only a few articles of clothing

- a desk with a computer and my MIDI keyboard

After work, for fun I would

- go for a run

- play basketball at the park

- go on a bike ride

- make beats

- attend meditation classes

- smoke a little herb

No, I wasn't clubbing, I wasn't going to sports games, I wasn't seeing concerts, I wasn't shopping at that damn Mall of America... I was making my own fun, feeling productive, and it was honestly paradise. I lost 25 pounds and felt healthier than I've ever been. 
pimp.gif

Basically living with the things you essentially need. Eliminating the unnecessary. Doing more with less and being content with it. Keeping it simple, enjoying the small things, free of clutter both in lifestyle and in mind, not having to worry. There's people out there who are far more dedicated more so than others. I'm sure theres more to it then I what I said but that's what I'm trying to get at.
laugh.gif

Basically living with very few possessions. Cooking a lot of your food from scratch or even growing it yourself. Reducing your environmental footprint. There's nothing "pompous" about it... 
eyes.gif

I am a college senior and this last summer I was living pretty damn simply in Minneapolis. I lived in a run-down frat house for $300 a month (a steal up there) here's a pic of my room... we called it "Hamsterdam" 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6p282h.jpg

- no air conditioning

- one window

- a fridge with basic foods in it... I ate salads or fruits 95% of the time. Sometimes I grilled out with my friend's grill.

- go for a run

- go on a bike ride

- make beats

- smoke a little herb

No, I wasn't clubbing, I wasn't going to sports games, I wasn't seeing concerts, I wasn't shopping at that damn Mall of America... I was making my own fun, feeling productive, and it was honestly paradise. I lost 25 pounds and felt healthier than I've ever been. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ABC

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6p282h.jpg

- no air conditioning

- one window

- go for a run

- go on a bike ride

- make beats

- smoke a little herb

pimp.gif
son, you were just broke.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ABC

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6p282h.jpg

- no air conditioning

- one window

- go for a run

- go on a bike ride

- make beats

- smoke a little herb

pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So this means no options in clothing?
nerd.gif
You get rid of what you don't need even when it comes to clothes you wear?

Just trying to get facts.
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
Hardly. I just buy things that are high quality and that will last. LV wallet, Northface fleece, etc...

ABC, see, that isn't even simple, that's just the essentials all thrown in a small living space. That looks like complete clutter. I don't think any minimalist could function in that room.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif
Hardly. I just buy things that are high quality and that will last. LV wallet, Northface fleece, etc...

ABC, see, that isn't even simple, that's just the essentials all thrown in a small living space. That looks like complete clutter. I don't think any minimalist could function in that room.

I feel like going through all my clothes and getting rid of a lot of stuff.

I should do the same with shoes, books, movies, etc.

I hope this thread sticks around for awhile.

I feel like going through all my clothes and getting rid of a lot of stuff.

I should do the same with shoes, books, movies, etc.

I hope this thread sticks around for awhile.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by ABC

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6p282h.jpg

- no air conditioning

- one window

- go for a run

- go on a bike ride

- make beats

- smoke a little herb

pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Word. That's just #poor.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by ABC

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

6p282h.jpg

- no air conditioning

- one window

- go for a run

- go on a bike ride

- make beats

- smoke a little herb

pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Word. That's just #poor.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

LMFAO at you saying youre minimalist and buying one of the most excessive wallets that exist. so you only buy LV wallets because they last?

get out of here man

Originally Posted by finnns2003

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

LMFAO at you saying youre minimalist and buying one of the most excessive wallets that exist. so you only buy LV wallets because they last?

get out of here man

Back
Top Bottom