Any NT Entrepreneurs ?

What field are you looking to start a business in? And what skills do you have that will help you get it off the ground? And resources, money, partners, etc.?

Basically do you have everything laid out and ready to roll or are you still trying to find where you would like to move to?

Originally Posted by KiiCkZ4DaYz

Originally Posted by bns1201

recent college dropout, own my own business which I hope to turn into a million dollar business within the next few months

plans on growth: online advertising (i've done almost half a milli in sales with ZERO advertising). Bring on a few more people and develop them not only as workers, but as human beings. I recommend books on creativity, money management, business etc. to my co-workers. I also recommend they dedicate an hour at work to pick up a skill that they want to learn (the google approach - watch this vid )
how much did I start out with: no more than $100. Started on eBay, grew my bank exponentially

TIPS:
taking advantage of social media, I've sold to customers in 5 continents without ever leaving my apartment
You must have an INSANE amount of dedication, I'm talking about working until 4am, waking up at 8am to get back at it. Friends going out on Friday night and your idea is still just an idea? Stay your %@# home and work until its implemented (Ideation without execution is nothing more than delusion)
Innovation (if not original, better put a damn innovative spin to an established business plan)
Get a good team around you - cannot surround yourselves with bums....if your workers don't buy into the idea of the company/business then you will GET NOWHERE
Stay humble. It can take YEARS to build something that takes SECONDS to destroy. You MUST wake up every day and decide how your business will grow/evolve.
Do your research. I NEVER took a business, coding, design class in my life, but I've built a business + website out of scratch. The internet can be your best friend or your worst enemy. For every video of a dog farting you watch on youtube, you can be learning a skill on the very same site

/Rant. Very passionate about what I do. HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT? Are you going to be a corporate puppet your entire life?

What kind of business?

Well you've certainly got passion.  Would love to hear more your business to.  It always surprises me though when people without an ability to use their words well in an online medium (not hating just stating what I see based on your post) are successful online.  Almost everyone I know (15+ self made friends of mine) are excellent at writing, and additionally either have coding skills, or have a coding guy work for their company.  Out of the 15 friends, a few have incorporated and turned their thoughts into apps, and a marketable company.  It has taken a few years, some luck and a complete dedication to their goals.

Originally Posted by Triple Homicide

Started my own business. I havent worked a traditional job since 2009. What I do consists of music & media production from CD/DVD duplication, photography & video production.
I've built a client base of over 100 within the past year. I'm planning on starting some other businesses in the future.

Heres my site: www.TheGrindington.com
Is your site a blog?  Do you have some sort of hardware or something or you are just putting in the time to copy it on the computer?  There is really a market for this?  Seems like very few people uses CD's nowadays, why would they want them duplicated as opposed to putting it on their computer?  How'd you get your customers?  Just soo interested...sorry if the questions are too personal.

I've been customizing shoes for a while now. Attempting to make it full time.

Evolved Footwear: Light UP Shoes

I'm always brainstorming different things to get into...hard part is taking on to much..then nothing progresses. Doing another site based on what I've taught myself customizing/relationships I've built with others. Nothing right now is that cliche "million dollar idea".....But anything to not be someone else's employee + loving what I'm doing.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles

there's a big difference between entrepreneurs and small business owners. the former often does grander things, or looks to grow a company to sell eventually and then start another, and another. at least that is how i look at it.

anyway, starting your own business is no picnic in the park. it takes a lot of time and sometimes, you just don't have enough wind in your sails to make it all the way.

That's cool that you're applying your own definitions and all but in reality, small business owners are entrepreneurs. Period.It almost sounds like you're confusing entrepeneur with venture capitalist.

Not really. 
To me an entrepreneur starts a business, expands that business, and continues/moves on to the next big thing. He's always looking forward
A small business owner starts a business, and stays content with that business. 

A small business owner works IN his business, entrepreneur works ON his business.

Originally Posted by ModernDarwin

Started my own business. I havent worked a traditional job since 2009. What I do consists of music & media production from CD/DVD duplication, photography & video production.
I've built a client base of over 100 within the past year. I'm planning on starting some other businesses in the future.

Is your site a blog?  Do you have some sort of hardware or something or you are just putting in the time to copy it on the computer?  There is really a market for this?  Seems like very few people uses CD's nowadays, why would they want them duplicated as opposed to putting it on their computer?  How'd you get your customers?  Just soo interested...sorry if the questions are too personal.
Yeah the site is a blog and yes there is a market for CD's and I have duplication equipment. I deal with independent artists that need CD's/DVD's to promote/sell their music. As long as there are indie artists, there will be a market for the CD/DVD. I got my clients by using flyers, magazine ads, twitter, facebook & word of mouth.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles

there's a big difference between entrepreneurs and small business owners. the former often does grander things, or looks to grow a company to sell eventually and then start another, and another. at least that is how i look at it.

anyway, starting your own business is no picnic in the park. it takes a lot of time and sometimes, you just don't have enough wind in your sails to make it all the way.

That's cool that you're applying your own definitions and all but in reality, small business owners are entrepreneurs. Period.It almost sounds like you're confusing entrepeneur with venture capitalist.

Not really. 
To me an entrepreneur starts a business, expands that business, and continues/moves on to the next big thing. He's always looking forward
A small business owner starts a business, and stays content with that business. 

A small business owner works IN his business, entrepreneur works ON his business.

sort of how i see it. i guess if you want to bend the definitions a bit to fit our conversation, we can say that some entrepreneurs have the option of becoming small business owners, but not all small business owners are entrepreneurs. for example, i know a girl who took over her family's accessories business. she's pretty dumb and basically got a turn-key operation handed to her whereas a less fortunate individual would have to 1) save up for that business purchase or 2) formulate and develop the business from the ground up. granted, she still has to run things, but IMO starting something from scratch is always much more difficult. that's where you encounter most of the obstacles and your level of adaptability will have to come into play. that's a huge part of a successful entrepreneur too, being able to adapt to a multitude of issues and making not only the correct decisions but making them fast and decisive. anyway, she's a small business owner, but HELL NO she ain't an entrepreneur
laugh.gif

Im still in highschool and I've been thinking about my career. I kind of wanted to be a designer/customizer/producer. I dont know what to do though, most of these jobs are more independent and i was wondering some fo your opinions?

Cop a truck, a rake, some shovels, a lawn mower and start a landscaping company
pimp.gif

graphic designer here. my boys and my boss telling people about me and im getting work thrown at me, and i charge too. now my uncle from atl wanna start up a business for me

Ive been researching about Photobooth Business lately. i really want to start one before the holidays. all i need is Around 3K to start.. plus competition is not heavy in my city.

anyone here knows someone who got this kind of business?

Originally Posted by TroyD

graphic designer here. my boys and my boss telling people about me and im getting work thrown at me, and i charge too. now my uncle from atl wanna start up a business for me

You should do that man. Let him take care of setting it up and you work on your creative part with no distractions.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

Originally Posted by TroyD

You should do that man. Let him take care of setting it up and you work on your creative part with no distractions.
Depends what sort of man your uncle is.  Hard to mix business with family.  Money creates problems and frictions that should be handled objectively, for the betterment of the business.

Originally Posted by ModernDarwin

Yeah the site is a blog and yes there is a market for CD's and I have duplication equipment. I deal with independent artists that need CD's/DVD's to promote/sell their music. As long as there are indie artists, there will be a market for the CD/DVD. I got my clients by using flyers, magazine ads, twitter, facebook & word of mouth.
That's awesome.  Glad you found a niche and are expanding in it.  That sounds like something really promising.  Have you played with the idea of using USB flash drives?  Though I guess it sort of puts you out of business since they could do it themselves.  Any artist that wants to get their name out would 'make a name' by handing out USB flash drives of their music.  Can buy them in bulk/get a drive for $3 bucks nowadays, and if you get your creative side (well the artists get creative) they could put a lot more content on it and make it really appeal to their user (such as have video clips of the artists..their upbringing wtv). Any serious artist would consider spending 2k and getting 1000 usb flash drives that they can give out at any gigs or shows to targeted customers to help get them viral.  I know, for me at least, if I went to a show and got a flash drive from the performers I'd at least plug it in and see what sort of stuff they put on it.  If someone is a really big fan it gives them an easy way to get their stuff to other people. 

Anyone ever get into judgment recovery business or know much about it ? Just starting my research and thinking of making a move. Hit me up

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Ive been researching about Photobooth Business lately. i really want to start one before the holidays. all i need is Around 3K to start.. plus competition is not heavy in my city.

anyone here knows someone who got this kind of business?
I don't know anyone that owns one but had one at my wedding a few years ago.  I looked into a lot of companies but the one I hired was not only the least expensive but had more perks/extras than all the other companies.  I was very pleased with them.  I still have the contract with the pricing and stuff, I can PM it to you if you'd like.  It was such a simple set up that I can't see having much overhead.

Many people have ideas, but many are not successful at turning that idea into a profitable venture. All of the entrepreneurs that I know (successful & unseccesful) give me the same advice, don't go into business for yourself ...

i buy and sell elctronics like cell phones on craigslist. its not a business, but this past april i made $850 just replacing broken iphone screens alone. not gonna pay the mortgage but not a bad side hustle

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

i buy and sell elctronics like cell phones on craigslist. its not a business, but this past april i made $850 just replacing broken iphone screens alone. not gonna pay the mortgage but not a bad side hustle

expand that business bro.

Not trying to steal your hustle but any links on places to learn how to replace screens?

Originally Posted by CJ863

Not trying to steal your hustle but any links on places to learn how to replace screens?

I doubt we live in the same city so no problem
laugh.gif
You just buy a kit http://articles.businessi...screen-repair-kit-iphoneAnd order a replacement screen off eBay. It takes practice, but after the first couple screens you will be able to replace it in under 10 min. A quick google search will give you instructions on how to do it http://reviews.cnet.com/8...9512_7-20008892-233.htmlGood luck man. It shocks me how many people pay $150+ to replace the screen when you can do it yourself for 1/10 of the cost. Same goes for laptop screens. Hey, more money for me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom