Any NT Entrepreneurs ?

I started up my own blog, and the thread is giving me some good ideas. I want to make some decent side money of my blog, and I'm working it out now.

I'm wondering how much (if it would even be possible) to partner with a restaurant chain (i.e. Fridays or Chili's) as a delivery service. There really needs to be an alternative besides cooking, chinese food, and pizza. I know I can't be the only one who wants to skip the dine-in service and just pay at the door.

Originally Posted by kickstart

I'm wondering how much (if it would even be possible) to partner with a restaurant chain (i.e. Fridays or Chili's) as a delivery service. There really needs to be an alternative besides cooking, chinese food, and pizza. I know I can't be the only one who wants to skip the dine-in service and just pay at the door.

do the homework. give your local fridays/chilis a call and pitch them the idea. if they handle stuff like that in-house, you can go to their manager. if not, they'll probably direct you to corporate, which you'll probably have to be a legit business to even get their attention.

before you do all of that though, i suggest crunching some numbers to see if this is even a profitable business and will be worth the effort. off the top of my head, it does not seem like a great idea (too much work, not enough money). you'll also need to grow it very large because it comes off as a volume business.

Originally Posted by kickstart

There's a service like this in my area, it's a college town so they do pretty good business. Gowaiter.com

Prepare for a lotta hard work and sleepless nights.

You'll doubt yourself often. But if/when you do get paid, it's ultra rewarding.

Originally Posted by jayhawk17

I've been customizing shoes for a while now. Attempting to make it full time.

Evolved Footwear: Light UP Shoes

I'm always brainstorming different things to get into...hard part is taking on to much..then nothing progresses. Doing another site based on what I've taught myself customizing/relationships I've built with others. Nothing right now is that cliche "million dollar idea".....But anything to not be someone else's employee + loving what I'm doing.
no lie i might order a pair 

i think im on to something..

-started THORO Productions as a record label for fun in 2003, when i was in high school.

-at the time, the name was inspired by Prodigy's "keep it thoro" the beat on that track is just too dope.

-since then, i've grown, matured, and realized that i want to pursue something that i am passionate about, which is producing beats.

-came up with an idea of how i can make a difference in the world, combined it with my passion for music. which resulted in my goal to spread positive music in hip hop to help overcome the negative connotations often associated with it, such as drugs, degrading women, violence, etc

-started taking it more seriously and came up with the acronym The Hate Only Ruins Others.

-put together a beat tape, a website, and now im in the process of planning marketing strategies to spread the word.

-please check it out, like my page on facebook or follow me on twitter.. or both!

i appreciate all the support i can get!

http://www.thoroprod.com
facebook: http://facebook.com/thoroprod
twitter @thoroprod

I'd highly recommend establishing a detailed business plan covering any and all bases if you're serious about starting your own business. I think many entrepreneurs and business owners under-plan, especially financially. It could even be beneficial in forcing you to reconsider the risk vs. reward factor. This economic climate is not exactly conducive to rapid entrepreneurship, at least in my opinion.

i guess im somewhat of an entrepreneur, vie been doing photography for about 5 years, about 2 professionally, this year im finally getting a tax id, insurance and the whole 9 to officially declare myself as a small business.

i say find something you enjoy, have a regular job for steady income at first, because starting any business will cost you money, meet others who are doing the same, perhaps you can work on a partnership, thats where im at now.

protect yourself and have fun doing so, make it about the money and you will find yourself being miserable.

i sell people services such as high-speed internet, wireless services, home energy, home security, and local and long distance and digital phone service

i sell people services such as high-speed internet, wireless services, home energy, home security, and local and long distance and digital phone service

Is this a business you set up and began yourself, or like a "work on your own time" type of comission based businesses?

Back
Top Bottom