Any NTers been to China

So as a civil engineering major, I have very little oppurtunity to study abroad. I have recently found out that I can go on a 4 week study abroad trip toChina, and this is basically my only oppurtunity to study abroad. China was not at the top of my list of places to visit, but I still think I should go. Myparents surprisingly want me to go because they say its a great oppurtunity and they wish they could go. Its also surprisingly a cheap trip (a couple hundredmore than it would be to take the class at my school)

So I want some of you travel-saavy NTers to tell me a little about China to make my decision easier. I know 2 friends who have been there: one says the foodwas great and one said the food was terrible. One said they don't use toliet paper and the other didn't know what he was talking about. I can'tget any solid info and I don't know what to believe.

Would this be a fun trip? I am only taking one class so I'd have tons of free time, and we are going to go to Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. Feel freeto post ANYTHING you think would HELP

thanks

Hi Teamjordan,

My sister used to live in Hong Kong and now lives in Shanghai. I've been to both places. I highly recommend that you do it, because what is there to lose(besides your liver as you awake in a bathtub filled with ice in a dingy Chinese hotel room)
wink.gif
... I kid, of course.

Hong Kong was a very happening place, filled with great technology, a fast pace, many many many people, good food (they cater to any body's tastes) andgood people. The attitude there was much different than Shanghai. Also, it was a bit dirty at times and the humidity is rotten.
sick.gif

Shanghai was a different story, but I would also recommend traveling there. There's much more Chinese food (duh) than Hong Kong, but they also cater toother people's tastes. It was considerably dirtier than Hong Kong and I've seen some things that you normally wouldn't see in the city. (Peoplegetting out of their cars and dropping a deuce on the street)

The girls in both places are great, except I recommend Hong Kong girls because they're more likely to speak English and I just thought they were cuter.

But seriously, you should do it... especially since this is pretty much your last chance to go. You don't want to kick yourself in 10 years because youmissed out on a potential experience of a lifetime!
wink.gif

Anyways, good luck and have fun!

hong kong and shanghai night life is the best. the clubs are crackin' every night.

HK is a bit more expensive, but you'll LOVE it there. you'll be spotting Ferrari's and Lambo's almost everyday if you go out.

As for Shanghai, just enjoy while it's cheap.

I've been to Beijing as well. Last time I've been there, they're stocking up on tons of hotels to prepare for the Oly's. Not too much there butsightseeing.

Have fun if you're planning to go.

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

anyone else? i am considering going their for business....

If those are your intentions, then you're setting your sights on the right place. China is a booming economy with a lot of potential to make big-timemoney.

I think it's very worthwhile to go to experience the culture and stuff.But just stay in the big cities, if you hit up the really rural cities, it'sreally hard for anyone to live out there.

And I especially love HK

You should definitely go.

I've only been to many parts of China and stayed in Shanghai for like six weeks, but it was
pimp.gif
. Every block has a bunch of different restaurants to suitany cravings you can imagine. Shanghai is filled with markets and such where you can buy pretty much anything you want there.

It's definitely pretty dirty there. You can breathe in there and notice how gross it is there. Like Bruce Uppercut said, there are random times when yousee people just randomly stopping on the street and taking a leak. Some little kid took a leak right in front of me and my bro and just gave us the
indifferent.gif
whiletaking the leak
laugh.gif

In China, there's no minimum to drink, but you have to be 18 to buy alcohol. I lived in China for 5 years, but I don't really remember any of it.
ohwell.gif

i'd love to study abroad in china ... i plan on doing that next year.

i'm chinese and i'm the only one in my family to have never been there.

^^^^ your missing out. ive been to HK and i was culture shocked. and i grew to love my peoples even more. its a weird feeling (good feeling) being withmajority of your people

A lot of foreigners to China think the country is still in a third-world state, like your ******ed friend... who thinks China doesn't use toilet paper.
I'm tellin u now, u'll be surprised how technology savvy the whole country is. I'm Chinese myself, born in Hawaii, and I had second thoughts ofvisiting China...

Once I was there, my mouth was down to my feet for the entire trip. Hong Kong is the dopest place on earth, a lotta high class suites, crazy architecturalstructures, and tons of
attractions no matter what u're into.

Beijing is real nice, u should definitely visit the great wall.......
Hong Kong is the chinese version of NYC, except almost every side street is like 5th ave.
and don't forget about Shanghai and Macau. Shanghai is the land of the hottest Asian girls alive, and they literally party till they drop. All I'll sayis that u'll have a real good time.

Would this be a fun trip? I am only taking one class so I'd have tons of free time, and we are going to go to Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. Feel free to post ANYTHING you think would HELP
Do it.
A lot of foreigners to China think the country is still in a third-world state, like your ******ed friend... who thinks China doesn't use toilet paper.
I'm tellin u now, u'll be surprised how technology savvy the whole country is.
That's where you're wrong.

The big cities of China > The big cities of America.

But man, there's a LOT of bummy places in China. I was in Yangzhou a couple months ago. I was walkin' round the streets for a little while, then Iwent back to the hotel room. Turn on the T.V., and I see that old Hercules T.V. show. Herc is walkin' the streets and he sees random drunks on thestreet, hookers callin' to him from all over, and hella vendors tryin' to sell magic trinkets. I'm thinkin' to myself... I JUST SEEN ALL 3 OFTHOSE ON THE WALK BACK TO THE HOTEL.

Yangzhou is a tourist spot too.

ive been to hong kong..........city is amazing!!! im not really into asian girls but damn when i went there i couldnt resist myself so many hot girls. the foodwas amazing and the clubs are just crazy. i say u take the opportunity and go cause if you dont go, years from now you'll be kicking urself in the butt fornot going.

I've been to 2 places in China, HK and Guangzhou. HK was wonderful, mostly real modern, like a more modern NYC, Guangzhou was really dirty and reeked of3rd world. From what I heard most of China is more like Guangzhou, but I'm sure the cities like shanghai/Beijing have nice districts. Macao is like Vegasin China but 10x better, I really wanna go there.

Btw if you want to do business in China HK is the only city you need to be. All companies seem to have an office there, and actual production facilities allover China. HK used to and kinda still is but not nearly as much, the gates to do business in China. I took the train ride to Guangzhou to see the actualfacilities and kinda wish I didn't, since like I said real dirty.

I been to HK and China. good cheap foods and cute looking hk girls. Go to HK for legit kickz spot. Unless you got good cantonese and Manderian, it's prettyhard to pull any digits there. oh yeah I try but my decent cantoneses didn't goes so smoothly. Watch out in what your eating. Food prison does hits prettyfast over there.

BTW I'm chinese
pimp.gif

where in china?

i can give you more info if you can tell me where.

most of the country is gearing up for the olympics next year - now's a great time to go.

Back
Top Bottom