Any NTers Dealing With A Relative With Alzheimers/Dementia?

Just wondering. I'm sitting here with my grandmother who's been suffering from it for a while. She's been fussing about nothing for a while. I have pretty much learned to tune her out when she goes on these rants. I kinda feel bad for saying that, but not really. If any of you guys have gone through similar I'd like to hear your experiences.

my grandpa is like that, one night dude lost it and went ape s&^% on my grandma. it was crazy he had to be put in a hospital to get diagnosed and then put in a home. i was bawling my first visit cause my grandpa was a strong dude, i even went to work out at a gym with him when i was younger and its sad to see him so feeble. but OP i know what you mean, my grandpa had some crazy rants just talking about random ish i had to tune him out sometimes too...

Last edited:
Yea my Granddad has Alzheimers. I've never really been close to him so it doesn't affect me much but it's hard to think that I could be like that when I'm older, I pray to God not. He's very stubborn therefore super hard to care for, it really happened in stages first he forgot a few names now he only know's my grandmother and can barely get around by himself. It's a crazy condition and will have you thinking a lot.

Back
Top Bottom