Any NTers done a body cleanse?

One of my coworkers has told me that I should try a body. He told me that after the body cleanse he feels great. The only problem is I know absolutely nothing about body cleanse except for the fact you poop your insides out.

There are so many body cleanses out there I don't know which one to try or even research. Any NTers would like to share their experinses with body cleanses or have creditable website that are either pro or against body cleanses.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Every morning... with soap.

Quite refreshing.

get em...

I did one maybe two years ago... i lost weight and became very handsome...

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

those "cleanses" arent real.

the pills? some of them really are...

natural stuff is the real deal homie, youll be poo-pooing in no time

Not sure if you're talking about a detox cleanse or what? If you are I did one a while back and afterward I felt so energized and not lazy
laugh.gif
I'm a HEAVY
pimp.gif
smoker so being detoxed definitely helped. I felt alright waking up at 8 or 9 instead of 11 or 12

i ate a very restricted diet for a month. i had a list of foods i was allowed to eat and it was real short. no grains except rice. no dairies. no fats except olive oil. only fruits i could eat were skinned apples, pears, apricots and blueberries. i couldn't eat alot of traditional vegetables, i was stuck with jicama and bok choy and +%!$. only proteins i could eat were turkey, wild salmon, and lamb.

anyways, i did it for a month, plus no pot or alcohol, and it was extremely difficult. so much of my social life is based on just cooking or going to restaurants with friends and or family, so it was tough. i got sick of what i was allowed to eat pretty quick and yet i had to keep munching on it. i went to an engagement party during the diet and i had to sit there while everyone was drinking free top shelf liquors and eating themselves silly on a decadent feast. meanwhile i brought a little baggy of rice crackers and turkey
laugh.gif
first world problems!!

i did it because i kept getting sick and my doctor suggested i try a diet as a way of restarting my immune system and identifying any possible allergies. i now know i cant really fuqq with dairy products. +%!$ makes me farty and congested and sick. but towards the end of the cleanse i just had bursts of energy and felt great. don't know how much of that was placebo.

sorry for the rant. i suggest you do a cleanse. see if your doc has one in mind. its cool. but if do it, there's no half assing it.

Try castor oil. you drink it and you will poop. You can use it topically also. Rub it on your around your stomach and chest. Place a wet towel over it and a heat blanket and watch how dirty the towel becomes. Google castor oil cleanse for more info

I need to do one of these. I restarted my entire diet and have thrown red meat to the curb, have stopped eating gross things. I'm only 25 so better now than too late.

I might have used the wrong word. I think I should be asking about a detox.

My coworker explained it like you only eat certain foods, drink lemon water and take sometype of pill for a couple of days. My coworker said he usually does it over a long weekend. He says while detoxing/body cleansing he is pooping nonstop but after the detox/cleanse is done he has more energy, alert and lost weight.

I've heard alot about the "Master Cleanse" online and from a few of my friends that swear by it.
Here is a website that has all of the info you'll need to get started: http://themastercleanse.org/

My one friend told me that he dropped like 15 pounds after doing it for about 16 days and that

you'll be disturbed by some of the things that leave your body 
laugh.gif
 But better out than in....

i have tried and recommended a 5-day HEALTHY cleanse called RESET (made by Usana Health Sciences, endorsed by WTA, Manny Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley Jr, Joe Bovino, P-90X, over 20 Olympic teams, etc.)

In each of the 5 days, you replace each of your 3 meals with low-glycemic (safe for diabetic) protein/fiber shakes, have two protein/fiber bars for snacks in between, take 2 x servings of multivitamins/minerals/calcium, and are allowed 2 x servings of fruit each day.

Since you are not getting your body's typical caloric intake, you shouldnt be doing any overly strenuous exercise, just light cardio (ex. speed-walking for 30 min a day).

it resets your metabolism, your taste buds, your energy levels and i know ppl first hand who have lost 5-13 lbs during their first 5 days. I lost 8 lbs my first time doing it. and yes the first couple of days, have a toilet nearby!

i can ask my co-workers for discounts if u need it.

how does it "reset your metabolism and taste buds"?

what? Taste buds are located deep in the tongue. I dont think they "reset"

these cleanses just sound like you should eat a bunch of fiber and wait for the mud to come out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

how does it "reset your metabolism and taste buds"?

what? Taste buds are located deep in the tongue. I dont think they "reset"

these cleanses just sound like you should eat a bunch of fiber and wait for the mud to come out
laugh.gif
resets your metabolism = start going regularly, like CLOCKWORK.

resets your tastebuds = stops unhealthy cravings. you start feeling nauseous anytime you smell or look at junk food/fast food/greasy food. body starts desiring clean alternatives. lots of fruits & veggies.

i dont know all the science behind it, but it worked for me.

vid for more clarification:

it seems that the common theme with these cleansing regimens id weight loss.. would this bis still be ok for someone who is a member of  #TeamFrail?

Originally Posted by wcghost

i can ask my co-workers for discounts if u need it.

I'd be interested in trying that based on the price.  Like finnn said, I've pretty much changed my diet too, so I think this is the perfect time to try a "cleanse".  I tried the lemon cleanse twice a couple years ago, but my food habits were just too out of control to be able to stick to that for more than a day, but I'm definitely better prepared nowadays to give it another go.

^ yes it would get rid of the built up crap and toxins in your body.

Hit the gym and burn your team frail membership.

I have been interested in this as well. I dont really care about the weight loss, more about getting the toxins out.

You guys should really be focusing on your overall healthy eating habits rather than a quick cleanse. I won't get into detail, but I don't support detox/body cleansing fads. I'm about to become a nutritionist, so I could write a 30 page dissertation on the subject, but I'll just say there are health risks that far outweigh the quick-fix benefits.

I have a diet/nutrition question and I don't want to create a whole new thread.

everytime I attempt to eat healthy and drink nothing but water and somewhat healthy food, a week into it my mouth becomes incredibly dry.
chapped lips and canker sores.

I drink 3/4 of a gallon a day so I'm wondering what the hell is up.
google didnt come up with much other than "water diets" might cause this, which is not what I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom