Any NTers going through a rough patch? Vol. Something's gotta give

2 yrs ago I waso  living in MASS working in MACYS making 8 an hour with 3 kids living in my mother in laws apt... sub leased my apt to a friend in nyc for a yr while i made the move. Things wasnt going as planned as I was 30 yrs old basically homeless with 3 kids and a minimum wage job. I drove back down to NYC with my kids moved back into my apt with no job prospects... wifey works for the city so she went back to her job as soon as we came back... she was on maternity leave for a yr... I was basically being a house dad.... that got tired after a month. 

I signed up for a computer tech school because I needed to get into a field where money is being made... got my A+ and Net+ in 3 months of starting the course... made my resume and started applying for 20 -25 jobs a day online before I graduated the class.. got an offer 2 days b4 graduation... it wasnt much but it was better than 8 an hour.... paid my dues there for about 5 months. that contract was finished. once again i was jobless llooking for work...I get a call from my agency asking if i would like to work for XYZ company, I said sure they made me an offer getting 2 as much as i was just getting paid and more than 3x as much as when i was working in MACYS 18 months prior ... 

I took the job without hesitation... now im living comfortable with my family and can say that i didnt know how the future would turn out but i never gave up on life.... 

That's ******* great man. Props to you and your wife for holding it down through the tough times man.

Back
Top Bottom