Any NTers in Guadalajara?

I've recently moved to Guadalajara, and don't know anybody here, so I would like to know if there's any NTers in the area.

You guys are everywhere, figured i'd check here first.

Did you move out there after living in the US?
yeah i moved from little rock, arkansas, and got a job teaching English.

after I sold all my kicks, I realized I had enough money to live comfortably for a couple of years, so I decided to move around.

the cost of living out here compared to anywhere in the states is ridiculously cheap.  yesterday I spent 11 bucks total on 3 meals at sit down restaurants (including alcohol) and transportation.  

also, the women in GDL are very attractive, and it's patio weather year 'round.

the only thing i can't get used to is not being able to flush toilet paper, but i can't expect to have American comforts in another country, so i got used to it.

i quit smoking too, they don't sell Newports and black-and-milds out here, so that made it easy.

the 
pimp.gif
 is ridiculously cheap too, i just gotta find a reliable supplier that won't leave me in a bucket of ice.

i plan to be fluent in Spanish by the time i leave here, but I do need to find an apartment in the next 2 weeks, and it's difficult because they don't really put listings on the Internet like they do in the states.

I was born in Guadalajara Jalisco but never been back since i was 2yrs old. I hear so many great things about it. Im hoping that soon I can finally take a trip out there.

Good luck and hopefully everything turns out as planned for you OP.

Last edited:
Did you move out there after living in the US?

yeah i moved from little rock, arkansas, and got a job teaching English.

after I sold all my kicks, I realized I had enough money to live comfortably for a couple of years, so I decided to move around.

the cost of living out here compared to anywhere in the states is ridiculously cheap.  yesterday I spent 11 bucks total on 3 meals at sit down restaurants (including alcohol) and transportation.  

also, the women in GDL are very attractive, and it's patio weather year 'round.

the only thing i can't get used to is not being able to flush toilet paper, but i can't expect to have American comforts in another country, so i got used to it.

i quit smoking too, they don't sell Newports and black-and-milds out here, so that made it easy.

the :pimp:  is ridiculously cheap too, i just gotta find a reliable supplier that won't leave me in a bucket of ice.

i plan to be fluent in Spanish by the time i leave here, but I do need to find an apartment in the next 2 weeks, and it's difficult because they don't really put listings on the Internet like they do in the states.
Sounds :pimp: ... pull a light skin joint with colored eyes for NT

Flying out there mid December chill for two days, then connect to Cancun from there. Can't wait. :smokin

My mom and sister lives there. I was there like a month ago for a week and I can't imagine living there. Some things are cheaper but other things are not. Quality for nothing is like here and there's no air conditioning. Forget patio weather lol, I need my air! Idk, people are poor and it sucks. You see a lot of misery. I didn't see any heads out there, and at the tianguis I never saw anything I wanted.

Food must be bomb! Damn moving out there is crazy bro, u living like a bawse out there :smokin

i've been lucky to have not gotten sick by now, knock on wood.  i try to stay away from street vendors and stick to spots where there's lots of people eating.

the only sneakerheads out here are tourists, and i try to stay away from random american tourists (especially dudes), they look like walking licks, DSLR's hanging off their necks and such.  

i know some mexicans from home that put me in touch with their people out here, and they have been very gracious, however getting a mexican SIM card for an iphone 4 was a huge mess.

my problem now is where to get a haircut, and how to describe exactly what i want.  I was thinking about saying "corte mi pelo muy similar a Daddy Yankee con linea, por favor", but they might look at me like i'm stupid and give me haircut with some scissors.  might just buy some clippers and just cut my own hair from now on.

Last edited:
Some of the best tacos I've ever had was in Guadalajara from a street vendor at ~1:00am. Got blazed at the hotel then jumped in a taxi and asked him to take us to the best taco stand around. Taxi drivers can be an asset since they know the towns like the back of their hand. Maybe you can find one to help you with your haircut issues.

Some of the best tacos I've ever had was in Guadalajara from a street vendor at ~1:00am. Got blazed at the hotel then jumped in a taxi and asked him to take us to the best taco stand around. Taxi drivers can be an asset since they know the towns like the back of their hand. Maybe you can find one to help you with your haircut issues.
OP how did you get that teaching gig? how much do you make? hows the messican bud?
I took an intensive teaching course through ITTO, you can check them out here: http://www.teflcertificatecourses.com/

I have an interview on monday teaching business english to middle and upper managers, it's 12 bucks an hour, although I think I would rather take a pay cut and work with elementary kids.  It's less serious business with them, and I might actually learn some spanish from them.  There's a HUGE market for native english teachers, so i've actually been turning down jobs that I don't think will be a good fit.

The mexican bud is not the best, but it gets the job done.  Pounds of this exact same stuff go for 800-1200 where i'm from, but i bought a oz for 15 USD the other day.

I used to take smoke walks, but i'm paranoid about walking around chiefing, so I ended up getting a 3 star room in downtown Guadalajara for 60 bucks a night last night, and smoked blunts and watched mexican cartoons all night.

Thats too dope fam, I'm from Guadalajara. I go there once a year for about a month.
I actually played soccer with a guy that was from england teaching english in the city as well.
Beautiful women and great food. As far as getting a hair cut, i'd say go to some upscale places.
Id suggest to go check out "Plaza del sol" and walk around. I got a cut there (2 on top, 1 on the side, short fade, and line up)
There is also a place called "Players House" if your still into sneakers, They get Jays, Quickstrikes, and so on lol

:lol: ask where the nearest , bule, or prostíbulo is at :smokin

Last year i went to the mercado in gdl, so many things they sell its crazy, its literally the black market, and you can find anything, and i mean, ANYTHING...also, dont be afraid to eat in one of those open restaurants in the morning/afternoon, they are hidden gems

:lol: ask where the nearest , bule, or prostíbulo is at :smokin
Last year i went to the mercado in gdl, so many things they sell its crazy, its literally the black market, and you can find anything, and i mean, ANYTHING...also, dont be afraid to eat in one of those open restaurants in the morning/afternoon, they are hidden gems

San Juan de Dios FTW!

wait, so you're teaching English but don't speak Spanish...

isn't that difficult?

i checked out the website OP and out of all the locations why did you choose mexico instead of like..barcelona or prague?

Back
Top Bottom