Any NTers losing interest in kicks like Jordan retros and the whole "sneaker culture"?

I feel you on the waking up early part. As a kid, that **** used to excite me, man. Calling it quits early on a Friday night just to wake up early and hit the mall to be one of the first in line. I remember buying the 06 Metallic 5s. All of my home boys wanted to cop too so I had to scoop them all up that morning and we all got a pair. Those were good times where you knew the people buying were doing it for the love of the shoes, rather than to take the s**** out to the parking lot and flip em for a few extra dollars. Miss me with that bs.
mean.gif
I think my biggest problem with this was that I went to a majority black HS and the shoe-craze hit us hard.

Latest kicks or hard to obtain fresh retros? You hit those hallways like Big Meech in '03.

Got me tons of play... Then I went to college where im one in like 100 black dudes on a campus of 10000+ students who couldn't care less what was on your feet.

Changed my perspective completely.
laugh.gif
too much truth in that post. Going to college and realizing that it was a completely different dynamic when it came to appearances just blew my mind at first. Had me walking around like "dost thousts neck not breaketh?"

Then a NTer put us up on game. Girls don't give a damn about sneakers. Straight had me doing the weebay gif when he said "you'll never hear a girl say 'cool shoes, are they LS? Want to have sex?'"
laugh.gif

LS stands for lifestyle for those that were wondering. It's the marker JB gave to all their limited retros back in the day.
IM HOLLERING!!

When having the shoes went from paying repesct to the legend to impressing middle school boys it was a no brainer.

There are a lot of dope shoes but the prices and effort just ain't worth it.

I'll catch some Prestos, Sock Darts or AM Tuned Plus' if they're in the store when I happen to be there and

Last edited:
I had one year I was really into shoes, which was the year I joined niketalk. After really only wearing basketball shoes around, I ended up buying a pair of flyknits for general exercise, and fell in love with the comfort and simplicity. Since then, I've only bought runners , and only a couple a year. It's way to stressful and expensive to worry about a pair of pleather basketball shoes when I can get a pair of running shoes for half the price.

Too many hoops to jump through to give a company $200+ for plastic and rubber. Don't think I'll ever lose interest, just not worth the hassle.

I had one year I was really into shoes, which was the year I joined niketalk. After really only wearing basketball shoes around, I ended up buying a pair of flyknits for general exercise, and fell in love with the comfort and simplicity. Since then, I've only bought runners , and only a couple a year. It's way to stressful and expensive to worry about a pair of pleather basketball shoes when I can get a pair of running shoes for half the price.
half the price and quadruple the comfort

Yeah for the most part. I still purchase shoes like Space Jams and stuff like that. I'll always purchase kicks, but I won't go out of my way for them like waiting in line in person or the internet. I had a talk with my friend and the topic of "40 pair of shoes enough for an adult" and the fact we agreed showed i matured. I used to keep 200 pair of shoes between spots. A lot were random pumas or adidas i would pick up randomly, but I cut back on that. I wear a pair of guccis on a daily that seem comfortable. i've been spending money on designer kicks like balenciagas though.

My interest in sneaker culture will never change.

I look at them like car enthusiasts look at cars....i like knowing the latest technology. ..models. ....etc.

But jordans yea im done simply becuz i have all the ones i ever wanted...like to me if i got some 4s and they remaster them....i dont need those lol.

Mostly i like runners and shoes that have cool tech.
Right now i love hyperfeels and still search out for those.

Last bball sneaker i bought were the billy hoyles but i would of bought them eem if i wasnt into sneakers.

I still love Jordans but I'm not all hype for it anymore. It's way too much B.S just to get a pair of kicks. I'm at a point where if I miss out, it is what it is and I keep it moving *shrug*

-Hype
-unnecessary limited releases
-corrupt retailers (re selling the pairs, keeping them for family and friends or themselves)
-camping outside
-bots

Too much drama. I'm starting to get more into Nike runners now. I see a Huarache I want sitting online right now :smokin

Last edited:
I still love shoes just not the effort to put into it. Plus jbs lack of quality put me off. I can't buy 200 who's paint cracks.

Too many fakes also. It's not like variant day when it was obvious. Being NT is so open now also can't even trust kids here because they believe wearing fakes are ok, it's the same factory theories. Folks know so much from they momma basement.

Started with sneakers and specifically retros for me, then evolved into an interest in clothing, and then the Jordan thing faded away. Moving a lot more towards trainers and lower profile shoes that are more with the trends nowadays (Stan Smiths, 350s, Y-3, YSL, etc).

I still definitely get down with 1s and 3s though. Classic models, I'll never get rid of my LMs or Retro 88s

I only bought 2 Js and 3 roshes in the past 2 years, lost a lot of interest ever since I became more dedicated to college.

smh at people who buy shoes to "break necks" though
It was a hobby for me like collecting cards, but Nike kept trying to make stuff limited :x

Oh well, Nike is still rich and I got more closet space since I don't collect anymore
Win-win situation

I recently copped alot of older SBs, Dunks, and Jordans that I had wanted so bad. Now that I want them, I think I'm simply going to sell them all and keep a pair or two.

As much as I loved to have all these shoes...I feel I can use that money elsewhere.

Last edited:
Haven't bought a pair of jordans in 2.5 years.....when the local stores started doing lottery systems I gave it up 
laugh.gif
 I don't have time for all that 

I've been into shoes since first grade. HARD too. Jordan's became wack for mad reasons. I see nerds in jays now, the fake limited ****, the insane price increase and how hard it is getting shoes now. I took years off from buying shoes but lately I've just been buying old Adidas and Reebok retros. Some old Kobe's and AIs. I don't even like wearing the few Jays I have left from my collecting days.

It's pretty much dead to me.

I still love sneakers but it's becoming way too much of an ordeal to buy these overpriced, poorly constructed retros.

Plus all of the terrible colorways, cheesy nicknames and whoring out of once iconic product lines (Foams, Barkleys, Penny's, Pippens) has taken away the appeal of the hobby.

It's funny to me what I see happening right now is the same thing that was happening ten years ago. It's just that Jordan 1s have replaced dunks as the "it" shoe ATM. All Nike has to do is make a bunch of colorways of 1s, make some limited, make others gimmicky, and those fools in the JB section go nuts for every single release.

It's funny to me what I see happening right now is the same thing that was happening ten years ago. It's just that Jordan 1s have replaced dunks as the "it" shoe ATM. All Nike has to do is make a bunch of colorways of 1s, make some limited, make others gimmicky, and those fools in the JB section go nuts for every single release.
Bubble is definitely gonna pop soon though

Everyone been saying the bubble is going to pop forever now

Bubble not popping anytime soon

Shoe sales won't stop but the "bubble" sucks now and that a fact. Got bum dudes buying shoes to post pictures and then sell for guys to give then the thumbs up. Newer model shoes look like children's super hero shoes and retros are made of bus seats. Pass on all of that

Last edited:
Something's happening, kicks are flooded and aren't going for much over retail. Some kicks here and there sell for a grip but it's slowing down IMO.

Back
Top Bottom