Any NTers who write a sports blog?

I know there have to be other NTers out there authoring their own sports blog, and I just thought maybe there should be a thread where all of these blogs are posted.  I've been writing my NBA blog for over a year, and I think the biggest challenge has been getting people to know that it exists.  So, maybe we sports enthusiasts can help each other out by sharing our blogs.  Maybe this could be a place where we can give each other a little feedback, too.  That's been another challenge for me... I hardly ever get any comments.

This is my NBA blog, by the way: NBA247365.COM

I see Stro, Sheed, Bird, J.R., Kenyon and DerMarr in your banner, so your site is automatically the goods.

I write for a baseball site. Been thinking about branching out on my own. Do you pay the $4 a month to have your own address through WordPress?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I see Stro, Sheed, Bird, J.R., Kenyon and DerMarr in your banner, so your site is automatically the goods.

I write for a baseball site. Been thinking about branching out on my own. Do you pay the $4 a month to have your own address through WordPress?

I've never encountered any Wordpress fees, probably because I pay hosting fees (like 150 bucks a year or something). 

Glad to hear that you like the choices in my banner.
pimp.gif
   What is the baseball site called, if you don't mind me asking?

Dont have a blog of my own but yours is pretty dope 
pimp.gif
 Didn't know slim thug went in like that 
laugh.gif

STROSHOW sighting. Bawse. Yo we should've gone ahead and gone through with that Harden shirt idea by the way. There's tons of unofficial Thunder related, especially Harden, shirts down here and people eat them up

I always have been interested in running a multi-sport blog...where teams/staff would be made up for each sport (depending on which is in season) and be updated daily.  If you have a good staff, good domain/blog website, and decent information, then it could be a great blog and get some exposure after a while.  If that is something people are interested, we could always put ideas together and see what we could put together. 
nerd.gif

I started a NBA blog last summer, but then the lockout happened and I got lazy.
laugh.gif

Maybe I'll try again this summer.

MonStar1- I'm familiar with your blog, probably from seeing it here.  You can play!  Keep on working!
ai3mac1- The Mortal Combat idea was creative.  I like that type of stuff.  I might suggest a different theme for the site, though, so you can have a unique header.  Just my opinion.
Scientific Method- The first shirts failed so hard that it has me discouraged about the whole idea.  I actually have like 15 designs, just haven't printed any.
homelessmrbob- I've spent a lot of time pondering that same exact idea.  No idea how to make it happen and/or work.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I started a NBA blog last summer, but then the lockout happened and I got lazy.
laugh.gif

Maybe I'll try again this summer.

The lockout was the best thing that ever happened to my blog.  I became a leading source of news on JR Smith's Chinese experiment.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by StroShow4

homelessmrbob- I've spent a lot of time pondering that same exact idea.  No idea how to make it happen and/or work.
Yeah - definitely would need some planning, but I think if it was done right with the right people, it would be such a lock for success.  Another idea would to be have 4-5 writers/staff members from various regions across the country (kinda like Around the Horn) and have each person be in charge of a region/division in a sport.  Like I said, the right planning and execution of the plans pretty much dictate the whole thing.  

Originally Posted by homelessmrbob

Yeah - definitely would need some planning, but I think if it was done right with the right people, it would be such a lock for success.  Another idea would to be have 4-5 writers/staff members from various regions across the country (kinda like Around the Horn) and have each person be in charge of a region/division in a sport.  Like I said, the right planning and execution of the plans pretty much dictate the whole thing.  

It's definitely an intriguing idea with a lot of potential.  My thought has always been to make ____247365.com sites for different subjects, but like I said, no idea how to make it happen.

Started working for a site last year that is part of a group of sites. Miamidolphinsdraft.com, and the owner runs a Patriot, Jet and Bills site as well. Lot of hard work and I'm in way over my head, but its been a learning experience for sure.

MonStar1- I'm familiar with your blog, probably from seeing it here.  You can play!  Keep on working!
ai3mac1- The Mortal Combat idea was creative.  I like that type of stuff.  I might suggest a different theme for the site, though, so you can have a unique header.  Just my opinion.
Scientific Method- The first shirts failed so hard that it has me discouraged about the whole idea.  I actually have like 15 designs, just haven't printed any.
Thanks! Any suggestions are welcome, criticisms also. 

I was about to link you to your own site 
laugh.gif
 ... I click on a lot of your posts via Twitter. Good stuff.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I was about to link you to your own site 
laugh.gif
 ... I click on a lot of your posts via Twitter. Good stuff.
laugh.gif
Same here.

OP we gotta help you get your content out there and grow your followers, your content is miles ahead of a lot of other NBA sites.

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear that you like the site!  I know there are more than a few NTers who follow my Twitter, and I appreciate all the clicks and RTs.  They all help. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

STROSHOW sighting. Bawse. Yo we should've gone ahead and gone through with that Harden shirt idea by the way. There's tons of unofficial Thunder related, especially Harden, shirts down here and people eat them up

I have ideas for unofficial tshirts could anybody give me any sites or advice they have about going about doing it. Thanks in advance

I contribute sports content weekly to a relationship blog called Single Black Male (singleblackmale.org). Here is my latest for the site, posted this morning: Is the Hatred of the Heat a Generational Debate?

The idea started with a conversation I had with my dad, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Have a good discussion going in the comments section as well. Let me know what you think.

Originally Posted by joesarge

I contribute sports content weekly to a relationship blog called Single Black Male (singleblackmale.org). Here is my latest for the site, posted this morning: Is the Hatred of the Heat a Generational Debate?

The idea started with a conversation I had with my dad, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Have a good discussion going in the comments section as well. Let me know what you think.

Interesting take on the LeBron situation.  I never looked at it in such a way.  My dad and I both like LeBron.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom