Any of you guys ever do Insanity or p90x?

Nice stuff, me and my friend plan on doing it together she's a chick though. I`m going to do it upstairs in my room. would I be fine doing the workouts in regular shoes, or do you all recommend I cop some training/hoop shoes, all I got are retro nikes and the quality for athletics are horrible.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

I've got some pretty bad knees, would either of these be alright on them? For example I am lucky if I am able to play basketball for 2 hrs a week on them, and then they swell up...

No NO
 I have knee tendonitis, I had to stop.There is a lot of jumping.

Im stuck to swimming, bike riding and weights. so boring
mad.gif

Except swimming.
Exactly what I thought, thanks...I've torn my meniscus twice, never had surgery...

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Nice stuff, me and my friend plan on doing it together she's a chick though. I`m going to do it upstairs in my room. would I be fine doing the workouts in regular shoes, or do you all recommend I cop some training/hoop shoes, all I got are retro nikes and the quality for athletics are horrible.
Your going to want some traction
Something light would help too

Something you can jump in

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I've got some pretty bad knees, would either of these be alright on them? For example I am lucky if I am able to play basketball for 2 hrs a week on them, and then they swell up...

No NO
 I have knee tendonitis, I had to stop.There is a lot of jumping.

Im stuck to swimming, bike riding and weights. so boring
mad.gif

Except swimming.
Exactly what I thought, thanks...I've torn my meniscus twice, never had surgery...
ouch, why didn't you get surgery?

Finished up Insanity but my diet was all over the place. Felt better and stronger in my legs especially, only lost about 10 lbs all together and gained about 4 inches to my vertical. Now I am back to running every day but both P90x and Insanity work, just have to commit to changing your diet and you will definitely see results.

My roommate in college would always be doing Insanity, and I would just laugh at him on my way out to boxing practice.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

any recommended shoes? I don't know much about these new nikes, I know their are shoes that make your feet feel "naked" but I assume those are not good because it would bring a lot of tension to my feet and the show won't absorb shock? Also I would be doing this in my bed room which is upstairs and has carpet

Originally Posted by Trav T

My roommate in college would always be doing Insanity, and I would just laugh at him on my way out to boxing practice.

And now he can knock you out, huh?

I did p90x a while back... it worked great. I actually gained quite a bit of muscle doing it but I was extremely skinny before starting it. I used it as a stepping stone to working out in the gym and I couldnt have been happier with the results. I was looking to bulk so i didnt follow the diet completely, i just cut out the junk (fast food, chips, pop etc)

Some things i would recommend:
- use weights and a pull up bar... i bought adjustable dumbbells from Wal-Mart... up to 50 pounds per hand was good enough for me
- dont get discouraged!! When i first started, i was only able to do 2-3 wide grip pull ups and by the end i was able to do up to 20. The first yoga workout was ugly too
- its okay if you miss a few days. I missed a few days because I just didnt have the time that day but i just kept going the next day. There were a few times i would just move my rest day to the day that i skipped. For example, my rest day was Friday so if i couldnt do yoga on tuesday then i would do it wednesday and continue on from there.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

any recommended shoes? I don't know much about these new nikes, I know their are shoes that make your feet feel "naked" but I assume those are not good because it would bring a lot of tension to my feet and the show won't absorb shock? Also I would be doing this in my bed room which is upstairs and has carpet
I used to do it in wrestling shoes but god forbid if you land wrong
sick.gif

I would recommend something light so the free runs seem good

Make sure your shoes are snug and flexible

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

I did P90x. It's a grind doing it everyday but you'll definitely see results. It's also easier than going to the gym daily. Make sure your off day is a day where you are likely to miss workouts too. People think it's a scam because a lot of people will fail to make it to day 60, but it's a legit workout. There's also a shorter version of yoga that I would look out for. The main one is over an hour long and just gets annoying after the 2nd time doing it.

I looked at Insanity first because it looked like it was just 45 min workouts, which seemed like something I could do after work before I get ready for bed and stuff in the evenings.
I never tried insanity but my boy that put me on P90x said insanity was shorter. I guess it's because you workout with fewer breaks. I would just start with the one that looks more intriguing. Insanity would be cheaper if you don't already have weights and stuff too

I tried p90X for two weeks and wasn't feeling it. I then tried Insanity and stayed with it since I prefer a cardio based workout. My only problem with it is its rough on my knees and for such an intense workout, 6 days a week is a bit much. Other than that I love it and prefer doing it than going to the gym.

just finished doing my insanity workout and i log on and see this
laugh.gif

this is my 3rd cycle doing this 2 month program.

i take long breaks between cycles though, it can wear on your knees.

LOVE IT!

these programs will only work if you stick with it and be consistent. you can't do 2 work outs a week and then rest for a week and then start up and say that the program failed. if you're going to do it you have to be committed and results will show. both programs are good, P90X (more muscle mass involved, very good for body building and all-around workouts), insanity (great cardio work out, emphasis on cardio, legs, and core but there are segments of upper body workouts)

Do you guys recommend any supplements? Reason I ask is because I`m going to be doing the workout at night (prob around 830 or 9 pm) and I know it isn't good to eat late at night, but would it matter since my body is going to be wanting something after the workout? Or is something like a Shake recommended?

Also diet wise, do you guys pretty much just say No Fried Foods, Desserts, and Heavy Water or what?

Originally Posted by Junrock21

i have look at insanity and heard it better than p90x

Apples and Oranges honestly.  
I liked Insanity, but I did miss lifting after the first 2 weeks. 

I just did the first day of the new Insanity called Asylum, well the fit test anyways. $+%* is difficult. It is even more sports specific than the other two though, comes with a jump rope and agility ladder. I didn't buy their stretch bands or their resistance bands, got some cheap off Amazon/Wal Mart.

both are good but you need to eat well to see great results

I have done more insanity rounds than p90x because I think cardio is more fun

-I feel p90x works out the upper body better
-Insanity works out the legs better
-both are good for the core
-insanity's cardio/ply is way better

I think i might try out an insanity schedule and also mix in the 3 weight lifting days from p90x

so insanity is good for cardio?

p90x is too build muscle mass?

ive been doing the gym for about 2 months now, i still wanna lose more weight before i go for muscle mass and just get leaner.

i should do insanity first?

where can i cop
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I just started my insanity program day 4 its really crazy. When i do it i feel it in the core area and leg area. The fit test is just a stepping stone thats what u use to prepare yourself. One word of advice i got from my friend is never look at ur fitness test results from previous time. When u see the previous number all u want to do it beat that nember and be happy no max it out don't look at the results from past fit test. Right now im kinda struggling but i do drink PLENTY and i mean PLENTY of water, and take breaks. Shawn and the people doing the work out are experienced and u see some of them taking breaks yea the camera doesn;t focus on them but still take breaks. I'll update when im halfway done but as of right now its a great work out.

Back
Top Bottom