Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

RmrGy.png

Pssh as "unstoppable" Dirk was that year he couldn't "carry the bunch of scrubs" out of the first round against a Warriors team who aren't even together anymore so quit with that noise.

Also maybe nobody has said he's Larry Bird on here but I read/ see/ hear it on every other media outlet.

Pssh as "unstoppable" Dirk was that year he couldn't "carry the bunch of scrubs" out of the first round against a Warriors team who aren't even together anymore so quit with that noise.

Also maybe nobody has said he's Larry Bird on here but I read/ see/ hear it on every other media outlet.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Nope because the Dirk hype is going to go past hyperbole.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.
30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.
^^^^ THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wow this dude here said everything I say durin Dirk debates

:hi fives:

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Nope because the Dirk hype is going to go past hyperbole.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.
30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.
^^^^ THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wow this dude here said everything I say durin Dirk debates

:hi fives:

Dirk and Kidd need rings, and out of the teams left, they have the least time. So yes, I wouldn't mind the Mavs winning this year.

Dirk and Kidd need rings, and out of the teams left, they have the least time. So yes, I wouldn't mind the Mavs winning this year.

Count me in. I've been rooting for the Mavericks since the playoffs started. Wanna see Dirk win one.

Really has nothing to do with the Heat.

Count me in. I've been rooting for the Mavericks since the playoffs started. Wanna see Dirk win one.

Really has nothing to do with the Heat.

You can't talk sports on this site. Too many kids who try to act like they know what they talkin about. Dirk been cold. Probably the most consistent player the past 10 yrs. And as long as Lebron loses I'm good. I love to hate that man although he is the best player since vintage Kobe.

You can't talk sports on this site. Too many kids who try to act like they know what they talkin about. Dirk been cold. Probably the most consistent player the past 10 yrs. And as long as Lebron loses I'm good. I love to hate that man although he is the best player since vintage Kobe.

you keep bringing up that playoff series, past is past, so where you not impressed with his consistency during this whole playoffs? if he is an overrated forward then who isn't? i mean i dislike a lot of players in the NBA but I'm not dumb enough to discredit how good they are as a player.

you keep bringing up that playoff series, past is past, so where you not impressed with his consistency during this whole playoffs? if he is an overrated forward then who isn't? i mean i dislike a lot of players in the NBA but I'm not dumb enough to discredit how good they are as a player.

Originally Posted by jepeh21

his logic is this...if you dont have a ring you suck
funny thing tho cuz the number 1 seed spurs got knocked out by the 8th seed grizzlies

but since duncan and co have rings, they are immune to criticism

Originally Posted by jepeh21

his logic is this...if you dont have a ring you suck
funny thing tho cuz the number 1 seed spurs got knocked out by the 8th seed grizzlies

but since duncan and co have rings, they are immune to criticism

^ I bring it up because that's his legacy, as of right now, in my eyes. These playoffs, though, he has been an offensive assassin and he's worthy of praise for this season. But some of it is exaggerated.

The praise he's getting reminds me when Baron Davis was getting called the best PG in the game the same year they beat the Mavs in the first round.

Until Dirk wins a ring I'm not getting caught in the moment because as great Dirk has been in his career he still is ringless.

^ I bring it up because that's his legacy, as of right now, in my eyes. These playoffs, though, he has been an offensive assassin and he's worthy of praise for this season. But some of it is exaggerated.

The praise he's getting reminds me when Baron Davis was getting called the best PG in the game the same year they beat the Mavs in the first round.

Until Dirk wins a ring I'm not getting caught in the moment because as great Dirk has been in his career he still is ringless.

Would be nice to see Dirk and Kidd get a ring. Plus anybody but the sellout heat. Yall are gonna hate me saying this but, the mavs winning might actually make me believe that the league isn't fixed. Cause I "sternly" believe something is up. Unless its all a set up for next year.
indifferent.gif

In before
indifferent.gif

Would be nice to see Dirk and Kidd get a ring. Plus anybody but the sellout heat. Yall are gonna hate me saying this but, the mavs winning might actually make me believe that the league isn't fixed. Cause I "sternly" believe something is up. Unless its all a set up for next year.
indifferent.gif

In before
indifferent.gif

Lololol!!!

The Memphis Grizzlies are a much better 8th seed than that Warriors team in 07.

The Spurs are about to do a complete re haul of their roster because they are getting older. The catalyst of their team, Tim Duncan, is old! So I expected them to loose to Memphis.

Also Dirk was MVP and had "way better stats than Lebron that year." If he was so much better that year why did he loose in the first round?

Anyway Dirk has a chance to erase that past when the finals begin. If he does I will gladly give him praise.

Lololol!!!

The Memphis Grizzlies are a much better 8th seed than that Warriors team in 07.

The Spurs are about to do a complete re haul of their roster because they are getting older. The catalyst of their team, Tim Duncan, is old! So I expected them to loose to Memphis.

Also Dirk was MVP and had "way better stats than Lebron that year." If he was so much better that year why did he loose in the first round?

Anyway Dirk has a chance to erase that past when the finals begin. If he does I will gladly give him praise.

The problem with that analogy is that Baron Davis was an All Star caliber PG but never had any consistency in his career, Dirk has been consistent his whole career and you are implying everything on 1 series about hi legacy. One Series failure does not make his career a failure or would not diminish any accomplishments he may have had in his career.

Back
Top Bottom