Any walk-ons on NT? VOL I'm just not good enough

I'll be transferring from a CC to either a small D-II or D-III school in the Northeast and I want to walk on for football.

My HS coach wanted me to play QB but due to my grades I couldnt play football at all so thats an issue
laugh.gif

I do believe I have the altheticsm needed to compete at the D-II or D-III level at DB or WR although it may be a whole diff. story when I'm in pads.

So NT how would I walk on? Talk to the FB coach or something? Are they're any walk ons on NT in any sport? Whats the process like?

Gunna didn't walk on, dummy.

He was a 5 star recruit and had a G5 pick it him and fly him down to the school.

He's such a big shot that he probably won't even check this thread because of the words, "walk on."

I remember I thought of trying to walk on my freshman year.. well was aiming for soph year. I was gonna spend my fresh year bulking up...

That didn't happen
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

ask Fresh he tried to walk on at Tenn. made it past some cuts too
Yup.
PM GUNNA GET IT...he walked on somewhere in florida i think?
Nah, I believe Gunna was a legit recruit. Unless he been lying all these years.

Go talk to da Coach. Here at my school they have "Spring FootBall" which is basically a tryout for allllll walk-ons. Having film would be a plus 2.Don't be surprised if they move you around at different positions though. My boi was recruited as a Defensive End and was moved to O-Line once he got here.

I'm trying to walk on too. Spending all this year getting better. I'm walking on for basketball though.

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

I'll be transferring from a CC to either a small D-II or D-III school in the Northeast and I want to walk on for football.
Aren't most football players at D-II and D-III schools officially walk-ons? I'm sure some programs create additional "footballscholarships" through stacking academic, need-based, and other scholarships. But I bet there are a lot of guys at D-II and D-III schools that are truewalk-ons.

http://www.getadvancedtoday.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&Itemid=62

FOOTBALL is a "head count" sport, with each athlete receiving any athletic scholarship money counting against the total number of scholarships a team can offer. The net effect of this rule is that almost all football scholarships are "full-ride." Each of the 117 Division I-A football teams can offer 85 scholarships. Every one of the 118 Division I-AA teams can offer 63 scholarships. Each of the 150 Division II teams can offer 36 scholarships. None of the 231 Division III football teams can offer athletic scholarships, but it's common for them to offer non-football-related financial aid packages to football players the coach wants to recruit.

Originally Posted by LeeBoi

Go talk to da Coach. Here at my school they have "Spring FootBall" which is basically a tryout for allllll walk-ons. Having film would be a plus 2. Don't be surprised if they move you around at different positions though. My boi was recruited as a Defensive End and was moved to O-Line once he got here.
O alright. I wont be enrolled in the spring tho I'll be there in the summer. but I dont have any film either

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

I'm trying to walk on too. Spending all this year getting better. I'm walking on for basketball though.
Nice what position and what divison? I was thinking bout trying for basketball too since I was orginally a ball player

My pops has been a college football coach for like 30 years. If you are walking on at those levels you mentioned, you should have a good shot at making theteam. I'm pretty sure most D3 schools don't even cut kids...the higher the numbers, the better normally.

College basketball isn't like college football, you aren't just gonna walk on anywhere. It's damn near impossible. You have better luck finding arecruiting open run. If you think you're good enough to walk on somewhere you'll be good enough to get picked up by some school at an open run.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

College basketball isn't like college football, you aren't just gonna walk on anywhere. It's damn near impossible. You have better luck finding a recruiting open run. If you think you're good enough to walk on somewhere you'll be good enough to get picked up by some school at an open run.

yea but I'm talking bout for college football. I'm not even serious bout walking on for bball.

Originally Posted by What up

He was a 5 star recruit and had a G5 pick it him and fly him down to the school.

He's such a big shot that he probably won't even check this thread because of the words, "walk on."
It's always that faceless, backup SN havin dude coming out of the woodworks sayin some $%#
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

It's always that faceless, backup SN havin dude coming out of the woodworks sayin some $%#
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

College basketball isn't like college football, you aren't just gonna walk on anywhere. It's damn near impossible. You have better luck finding a recruiting open run. If you think you're good enough to walk on somewhere you'll be good enough to get picked up by some school at an open run.

my freshman yr. i tried to walk on the basketball team. made it past the 1st cut but the second one killed me, lol. it was a full on practice at the team.nothing like anything i've ever experienced. i go to a mid major d1 school so i couldnt imagine what it would look like at a power house....good luck to OPtho.

laugh.gif

Huh?

If you didn't pick up on my sarcasm, I really don't have the energy to deal with you.

I thought about walkin on for PITT's hoop team but chalked it once dudes said walk-ons don't play. Road the bench in high school due to politics,wasn't gon do it again. Not to mention I wouldn't have gotten scholarship until my jr/sr yr. I got bills
laugh.gif

Good luck OP. Just start trainin urself now. Endurance, strength, etc so u won't be too overwhelmed come time to try out

Bball = walk ons get NO play time ever.

Football = possibility of making the squad is good. BUT the workout they give you is not football related. You will be doing the 40, benching 225 and jumping.

I would encourage everybody to attempt to walk-on to your university's team. Always a chance, and it gives you closure in future about the "whatifs"

laugh.gif

Huh?

If you didn't pick up on my sarcasm, I really don't have the energy to deal with you.
Do I sound like I think you were not being sarcastic?

laugh.gif

Huh?

Do I sound like I think you were not being sarcastic?

You sound like a moron.

Next question.

Back
Top Bottom