Any Windows 7 RC users here?

s0lefunk

Supporter
I just installed Windows 7 RC (dual-booted with XP) and so far, it's pretty smooth. In fact, really smooth, fast, and responsive.

My question is do I have to reinstall all the programs I have installed on my XP partition (iTunes, Firefox, etc...) onto my Windows 7 partition? Like, I canview my XP partition as if it were a normal forlder on my harddrive (I guess because it is) but none of the progrmas launch. I really dont wanna have to redomy iTunes library and whatnot...

Any help is appreciated

Yes, you do have to redo everything.

I'm using Windows 7, did a clean install and re-did everything.

For pictures, iTunes and all that, just make a backup of your pictures folders, videos, etc. For iTunes, just backup the whole "My music" folder, andmove it to Windows 7, if you let iTunes organize your music, make sure everything is in the same location on 7.

you can still view your xp partition. i had to reinstall programs, but thx to libraries, i just added my media folders so its easier to find my music andmovies.

Did any of you guys have problems with your sound?
I keep getting a "No audio device is installed". I tried updating the realtek drivers and it still doesn't work. Had to switch back to XP just tolisten to music..
smh.gif

Upon the switch though, it's so painstakingly obvious how much better 7 is to XP. I really need to get 7 up and running 100%

Yeah 7 is pretty slick..only problem I have is that it randomly reboots on me sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom