Anybody bought that $249 samsung/google chromebook?

thinking about surprising my girl and getting her one anybody got one and can give their opinions on it?

i heard that the operating system is geared towards google so that all your information is stored on google rather than on your own hard drive... which makes it not as desirable for me

i heard that the operating system is geared towards google so that all your information is stored on google rather than on your own hard drive... which makes it not as desirable for me
Yeah i heard it gives you 100gb of storage in the cloud for 2 years free but it has usb ports so i assime u can just use ur own hard drive

Is your girl tech savvy enough for that?

Chromebook >>>>> ipad

#advanceinmydirection

Damn I clearly didn't read any specs on this CHromebook. I saw the announcement and just thought it was a regular laptop.

I had gotten the free chromebook that google sent me before they actually came out in stores. it was good for web browsing and whatnot. the thing I liked most was the free Verizon for 2 years although it was only like 200mb a month. ended up giving it to my dad though since he's on the road a lot more than me.

Really considering getting one of these.  You can't beat the $249 price tag.  All I care about is the speed. It boots up in less than 10 seconds.  I'm gonna have to see one in person cause even though it has fast boot up, is the browser still fast and can take a lot?

NOT HATING.. I heard they are trash.. I wanted to buy one and an unbiased friend told me this.  I don't know what his reasoning was, he just warned me not to get one.  He's had Apple and PC before and he's had several netbooks as well as an iPad.  So it's not like he doesn't have something to compare it to.

That's what I said to him.. because I trade stocks so a netbook is perfect.. but he said it was bad.  Do your own research tho.. this was about a year ago so maybe they've gotten better?  They seem really cool.

I'm going to buy one next paycheck.It looks amazing and chrome OS has come a LONG WAY. The OS is not for everyone who only knows windows. If she is willing to learn then it ill be great. Make sure you get a big SD card so she can save onto the computer

browser seems good enough as long as you have reasonable expectations.
Who is that girl in your AVI! 

Link

I'm going to buy one next paycheck.It looks amazing and chrome OS has come a LONG WAY. The OS is not for everyone who only knows windows. If she is willing to learn then it ill be great. Make sure you get a big SD card so she can save onto the computer

or a usb 3.0 flash drive

Im actually using one right now, bought it earlier. Its been sold out around my way for a minute, from the reviews online, a lot of people like the 249 version.

For me, I like the size and portability of it. this thing is like 2 pounds lol. Its fairly fast and responsive, doesnt lag at all. I was watching my NBA league pass stream on this earlier and it was streaming perfect.

One draw back is you HAVE to be connected to wifi for this thing to be great (at least thats what im getting so far). You cant even type a document unless youre on wifi.

But overall. For 249?? I aint even mad. honestly. I got my other 14 inch laptop that is like 5 to 6 pounds, and i see myself taking this with me to school every day.

Im actually using one right now, bought it earlier. Its been sold out around my way for a minute, from the reviews online, a lot of people like the 249 version.
For me, I like the size and portability of it. this thing is like 2 pounds lol. Its fairly fast and responsive, doesnt lag at all. I was watching my NBA league pass stream on this earlier and it was streaming perfect.
One draw back is you HAVE to be connected to wifi for this thing to be great (at least thats what im getting so far). You cant even type a document unless youre on wifi.
But overall. For 249?? I aint even mad. honestly. I got my other 14 inch laptop that is like 5 to 6 pounds, and i see myself taking this with me to school every day.
How's battery life for you? Seeing as it's ARM based, I expected it to do well, but a lot of reviews are saying that it has been underwhelming.

isn't google docs offline now

I'm not seeing where Google is going with these. IMO, they are already obsolete with the Motorola style docs they have where you can plug in your phone to a computer doc. If her phone is already capable of using one of the docs, get her one of those instead. You'll save money and it should be more useful since it will function like Android with all the features of a full operating system.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, when I try to use doc without wifi, it says I have to connect to wifi

I was planning on buy one today...But it's sold out everywhere. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom