Anybody drink on the job? Before work, lunch breaks, etc.

truthgetsbusy

Banned
I honestly hate working this job and I might need to crush a beer or 2 just to get through my day.  Anybody else feel the same.

I honestly hate working this job and I might need to crush a beer or 2 just to get through my day.  Anybody else feel the same.

before work? 
grin.gif

that's some intervention type stuff right there..
I used to with my boss every now and then.  In our old building I shared an office with an older lady who kept to herself, so I could come back from lunch and not have to deal with anybody.
In our new building, we have an open floor plan (only the big shots have offices and we have 4ft cube walls) and my desk is two desks away from the time clock. 
30t6p3b.gif

So I literally have to say good morning and good night to about 50 people a day.
wouldn't be a good look to have the smell of Jameson's drifting over to people as they are leaving.
my boss keeps a bottle of something in his desk.  Don Draper style...

-J-

before work? 
grin.gif

that's some intervention type stuff right there..
I used to with my boss every now and then.  In our old building I shared an office with an older lady who kept to herself, so I could come back from lunch and not have to deal with anybody.
In our new building, we have an open floor plan (only the big shots have offices and we have 4ft cube walls) and my desk is two desks away from the time clock. 
30t6p3b.gif

So I literally have to say good morning and good night to about 50 people a day.
wouldn't be a good look to have the smell of Jameson's drifting over to people as they are leaving.
my boss keeps a bottle of something in his desk.  Don Draper style...

-J-

im talking about a beer or 2.  Nothing that is gonna have your body and breath rocking.  I just need that slight buzz then ill chew some gum or a mint.  I'm not talking about slamming shots then showing up slizzered.

im talking about a beer or 2.  Nothing that is gonna have your body and breath rocking.  I just need that slight buzz then ill chew some gum or a mint.  I'm not talking about slamming shots then showing up slizzered.

I drink beer at lunch all the time. Years ago my boss told me "just make sure you keep some gum on hand, so people cant smell it when youre back in the office".

(i work for a beer company)

I drink beer at lunch all the time. Years ago my boss told me "just make sure you keep some gum on hand, so people cant smell it when youre back in the office".

(i work for a beer company)

i used to drink on fridays a few yrs ago. id start about 1pm. pineapple and vodka. id mix it in the restroom, and id make enough so i wouldnt have to keep goin to the bathroom. i didnt have constant interraction with people so i didnt have to worry about my breath and i would leave around 230 so by the time it really started to kick in id be gone

i used to drink on fridays a few yrs ago. id start about 1pm. pineapple and vodka. id mix it in the restroom, and id make enough so i wouldnt have to keep goin to the bathroom. i didnt have constant interraction with people so i didnt have to worry about my breath and i would leave around 230 so by the time it really started to kick in id be gone

after every fiscal quarter, people here get it poppin. patron, goose, jack, roll in kegs, etc.

people are always drinking wine and beer on the regular though. heck, we even have a wine lounge for vistiing customers.

btw, i work at a switch & router company.

after every fiscal quarter, people here get it poppin. patron, goose, jack, roll in kegs, etc.

people are always drinking wine and beer on the regular though. heck, we even have a wine lounge for vistiing customers.

btw, i work at a switch & router company.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

laugh.gif

That's where it all starts...with a beer or two.  Not before long you'll be unemployed. 

*BIG difference between having a beer socially at lunch (like 206) and drinking a few to get through your day....

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

laugh.gif

That's where it all starts...with a beer or two.  Not before long you'll be unemployed. 

*BIG difference between having a beer socially at lunch (like 206) and drinking a few to get through your day....

see i always been hesitant to 
pimp.gif
 on a couple of those madddd slow days (i'm an intern at some "corporate" office)
doooon't see myself takin that risk.....

see i always been hesitant to 
pimp.gif
 on a couple of those madddd slow days (i'm an intern at some "corporate" office)
doooon't see myself takin that risk.....

Guilty...

I had an old manager once, whom actually told me about taking a shot of Vodka & OJ in the morning before work. Put it in the freezer a bit after mixing & there you go

I've hit a J before & during work before as well ... haven't done either in 5 yrs now though

Guilty...

I had an old manager once, whom actually told me about taking a shot of Vodka & OJ in the morning before work. Put it in the freezer a bit after mixing & there you go

I've hit a J before & during work before as well ... haven't done either in 5 yrs now though

Back
Top Bottom