Anybody else hate New Era's sizing?

anybody else have the problem with some fitteds feeling extra big and some being kinda tight, and its the same exact size? are they hand sewn?
im right between a 7 1/4 and a 7 3/8 and hate that i cant find the right hat/size sometimes

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

im right between a 7 1/4 and a 7 3/8 and hate that i cant find the right hat/size sometimes
I'm in the exact same position.

The Cool Base 7 1/4 fits me perfectly, but every thing else I have to either size up to a 7 3/8 and shrink with water OR buy a 7 1/4 and rip the stitching.

yup...all my hats fit different. I can never order anything online; when I go to stores I have to try on 3-4 different 7 3/8s to find the right one. In one way it's good though, I now have a variety of hats for different hair lengths
laugh.gif

I'm between 7 1/4, and 7 3/8. I have a 7 1/4 that leaves this ridiculous red mark across my forehead when I take it off cause it's tight on my head. I never wear the stupid hat.

Too bad there's no 7 3/16!!

Originally Posted by True Blues

I'm in the exact same position.

The Cool Base 7 1/4 fits me perfectly, but every thing else I have to either size up to a 7 3/8 and shrink with water OR buy a 7 1/4 and rip the stitching.

This.  I might need to start buying 7 3/8 just because over time my 7 1/4 shrink

yeah, i have the same problem...i havent bought a fitted since they switched from wool to polyester....i dont like the way the polyester hats fit..

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

....i dont like the way the polyester hats fit..
same here..to me they feel too tight on the sides and gives that weird shape after a while..thats why I try to find as many gray underbrims as possible.
ordering a new era online is basically a game of russian roulette..either its my hat too big or my head hurt like helll wearing this
laugh.gif

Yeah I hate the inconsistencies in the sizing...especially when it should fit and it's too small while a size that should be too small sill fit
smh.gif

i wear a 7 3/8

i was in lids the other day buying some new fitteds and i was trying them on..i noticed some fit a little big but then some fit fine..for the most part though i dont have any problems with a 7 3/8 fitted

You can always stretch and shrink them (cept new On Fields...team grey underbrim ftw)

What i love about the caps is that you can always fix em to fit you

Yea me too. It depends where its made.
China 7 3/8 fit big on me (sup my hat too big) but after some wears it fits almost perfect. USA 7 3/8 fit small (wearing+sweat shrink and will fit like a USA 7 1/4.)
China 7 1/4 fit good (but soon as I sweat a little it shrinks and starts fitting small). 7 1/4 USA is just too small.

I go with 7 3/8 the majority of the time, and hope its made in China.

I looked into it because I have like 60 hats
laugh.gif

Whoa. I thought it was just me that hated the fitting on it.
For a minute I thought my head (pause) wasn't meant for fitteds..I've gone to lids and tried on like 4 diff 7 3/8's.

Originally Posted by majik214

I'm between 7 1/4, and 7 3/8. I have a 7 1/4 that leaves this ridiculous red mark across my forehead when I take it off cause it's tight on my head. I never wear the stupid hat.

Too bad there's no 7 3/16!!

7 3/16 would be crack

Yes, that's why as much as I would like to.. I can't order new eras online. I always have to go to the store and try them on first.

Back
Top Bottom