Anybody Ever Hit a Buzzer-Beater Game Winning Shot?

I coach a 9-10 year old boys team and we were down 1 with 15 seconds and i drew up this play where we overloaded one side with my 4 best players, then the 5thkid cut through the key around the free throw line, got the pass turned and and nailed that shot at the buzzer and left the form up. the gym went crazy and ifelt on top of the world. its such a great feeling drawing up the play that works, its almost as good as hitting the shot yourself.

I hit a buzzer beater from the top of the key on someone
happy.gif
, but we werewinning by 4 already
frown.gif
, it was in a community league about 4-5years ago

no game winners but i made a whole bunch of clutch plays against the only other team that was actually competitive with us in a y league.

another time i hit like a midcourt buzzer beater even though we had the game won...than i did the baron davis jersey floss
pimp.gif

Yo that feeling was just pure cocaine.

Back in Freshman ball, we were down by 1, 65-64, 10 seconds left, my boy was driving down the lane on the left side...he shot it with 3 secs left, i was boxingout the big man below the rim, it clanked off the right side of the rim, and with 1 seconds left, i tipped the shot back in banking it on the backboard for thegame winning put-back.

Better than being the last person in line to get a size 12 on a Jordan Release.
Better than hitting 120mph on your car for the first time feeling
Better than finding $100 on the floor
Better than gettin the P for the first time feeling...maybe a bit too far but, maybe now you know ha.

I hit a 3 to tie a game like how Horry killed the Kings. The ball was coming off the rim and it was tipped back out to me dead center behind the 3 point line.We lost in OT by 4 though
smh.gif

in i think 5th or 6th grade, i hit a jumper with a couple of seconds left on the clock. Best shot i have ever made in my life. No one was on me and i stillfaded. then i felt like an idiot the next play because i fouled the guy trying to win the game for his team but luckily he missed both freethrows

on the court, the closest was hitting a three to give my team our first lead with less than 45 seconds left in the game. it didn't mean much when i madeit, but after we won, it felt amazing! also, it was our league championship game. i did hit 2 game winners while playing baseball. it always feels good.

Nope. I wish.

The best thing ever to happen to me basketball wise was I went on a tear and hit like six 3 pointers in a row. too bad we were down like 30 already
laugh.gif

I did a couple of years ago at a b-ball tourney!
A midrange jumper, felt good as soon as it left my hand! Awesome feeling!
pimp.gif

Naw but I've gotten the game winning hit in a baseball game. Bottom of the ninth runner on first and I drive one into the gap between left and right field.Runner jogs to home plate. One of the best feelings ever
pimp.gif

I've done a bunch of buzzer beaters, like the end of 1st quarter, or halfs during like high school games and such. I've hit a bunch of game winners onblack top pick-up games and such. Never a game winner in an actual high school regulation games though. The buzzer beaters are always fun, the game winners,you just feel like the man straight up.
laugh.gif

Hit some buzzer beaters, but never a game winning one. However, my teammate hit a fadeaway gamewinning trey. Here's how it went down:

Game was tied, 7 seconds left
Their star guard drives and draws a foul on our best player who then fouled out.
The time was 1 second left. The dude makes one free throw, and his coach screams at him to intentionally miss the next shot so time runs out. He ignores hiscoach and being the pig that he is, he scores the next free throw. We were then down 2.
Our coach calls timeout, inbound from halfcourt, my dude catches, fades, shoots, game winning three.
We won by 1, and we were playing for playoff spot.
Best feeling in the world, really happy for my teammate

we here 0-18 and we had ZERO league wins....then we were playing richmond high, and there was 38 seconds left and we were down by 8, i got the ball and shot athree, then turnover, shot another 3, so we were down by 2 points and 14 seconds left......then our star player passed the ball to me and i shot an nbadistance three, OFF the backboard and i hoenstly did the michael fist pump, INCREDIBLE euphoria, magical, legendary, epic feeling, crowd runs on the court andyes it was our first league win but STILL man the feeling, i cant imagine the feeling if it actually meant anything but. man....graet feeling. will NEVERforget.

my boy's girl whos a senior in HS made final basket with like 6 seconds left for state game, they won by 2 points
guess its not a buzzer beater but was the crucial final basket of the game

man i stopped playin regulation basketball young after football got a hold of my head ( Texas FTW/FTL)

but ive hit my fair share of game winners in pickup ball and i love to hit it and just stand there for like 40 secs in place. or if the game is heated be likeget the @+++ off my got damn court. but thats about as far as it gets.

I never made a basket but I know after grabbing a steal I threw an outlet down the court for a layup which my friend hit with about 1 second to go which put usup by 1. It was an awsome feeling doing that which I have never relived. Can't imagine what it is to hit that shot though.

when i was in 7th grade i was fouled when the buzzer went off, and i had to make a freethrow to tie the game and two to win it.....

it was the most nerve wrecking think i had ever done.

I made both and it was the first and last time i was ever mobbed on the basketball court lol....

yeah i smash your girl when you knocking on the door. i pulled a vick and runn to the lockerroom lmao

Never in basketball...but caught the game tieing TD pass this pass football season at the other teams homecoming to send the game into OT...(we lost in OT tho
tired.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom