Anybody living comfortably right now?

I have the ability to live comfortably, but I tend to lose control when it comes to spending. Especially when it comes to shoes, clothes and electronics, DONE!!!

i can pay my bills and shop for christmas gifts for family
smile.gif

If paying your bills, and having $$$ left over to splurge or save, then in that sense I'm comfortable.

But I'll never be "comfortable".

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Diego

RFX knew damn well what he was doing when he posted "comfortable".
but he didn't though.
Dude obviously doesn't want to answer the question so why keep asking it? Y'all are something else man.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Diego

RFX knew damn well what he was doing when he posted "comfortable".
but he didn't though.
Dude obviously doesn't want to answer the question so why keep asking it? Y'all are something else man.

If paying your bills, and having $$$ left over to splurge or save, then in that sense I'm comfortable.

But I'll never be "comfortable".

Yeah I'm good. Dont make a ton of money. But I have enough for what ever I want to purchase.
I Dont drive a M3 but I do have a rust free car that's 10 years old, looks and drives great.
I also make under 20 dollars a hour. Its all about how you manage your money.

Yeah I'm good. Dont make a ton of money. But I have enough for what ever I want to purchase.
I Dont drive a M3 but I do have a rust free car that's 10 years old, looks and drives great.
I also make under 20 dollars a hour. Its all about how you manage your money.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Shut up...

No ones putting him on a pedestal, people are just wondering what the man does for a living to maintain the lifestyle he lives... its a natural thing called "curiosity"

....You see someone pull up in a Lamborghini and you don't recognize him from any sports teams or TV...the first thing you think is... "Damn, What does he do for a living???"

As far as the "Stuff" goes... theres nothing wrong with splurging on nice "stuff" if you have the disposable income to do so.... I doubt he buys this "stuff" to fill some type of lack of enjoyment in his life....He's just passionate about fashion and he has the ends to exploit this passion....

Shut up? You sound like a girl.

Everyone's putting him on a pedestal - FACT. You'll never see someone who's financially secure asking what another man does. Do you honestly think that when a plastic surgeon see's someone in an R8 or Bentley, the first thing they think of is what the driver does for a living? Nope.

The only time I think it's' appropriate to ask what someone does for a living is when you're trying to network.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Shut up...

No ones putting him on a pedestal, people are just wondering what the man does for a living to maintain the lifestyle he lives... its a natural thing called "curiosity"

....You see someone pull up in a Lamborghini and you don't recognize him from any sports teams or TV...the first thing you think is... "Damn, What does he do for a living???"

As far as the "Stuff" goes... theres nothing wrong with splurging on nice "stuff" if you have the disposable income to do so.... I doubt he buys this "stuff" to fill some type of lack of enjoyment in his life....He's just passionate about fashion and he has the ends to exploit this passion....

Shut up? You sound like a girl.

Everyone's putting him on a pedestal - FACT. You'll never see someone who's financially secure asking what another man does. Do you honestly think that when a plastic surgeon see's someone in an R8 or Bentley, the first thing they think of is what the driver does for a living? Nope.

The only time I think it's' appropriate to ask what someone does for a living is when you're trying to network.

Originally Posted by kicksnmusic

living (relatively) comfortably, definitely in a "good situation", hopefully things pop off with my "dream job". Not gone tell ya'll what I do, yet.

As for this RFX hoopla, here's some math:
spend 2k a month on high end stuff =24k a year
bills, all other expenses in a major city = 30-40k on the extreme side.

thats roughly 60k a year, then add in 10-20k a year in savings that's roughly 80k.

I can google you guys over a dozen jobs that earn 80k starting or within 2-3 years.

So to answer what RFX does: He has a solid job that he earned from (likely) attending college and then finding a job where he worked hard to rise up in the ranks. It really is as simple as "doing it". Only thing is, you gotta start.

PS: you're welcome

you either DONT work, or you work for the military.  If you can google a dozen jobs that start at $80K NET (without requiring a graduate or doctorate level degree plus additional skills training) I would love to see that list.

as for your "estimates"... also way off base.

I live in a major city - Los Angeles

I am not living a baller life by any stretch.  Hell, I live in a condo and I do NOT live extravagantly, not even close to being on the "extreme side".  My month to month bills and expenses including groceries (man's gotta eat) exceed $40K a year EASY.  Thats not even including my wife's student loans, car payments, insurance, incidentals, etc... etc...

I wish there was enough money left over to put $10-20K cash in my savings each year without changing up my lifestyle.

I mean, don't get me wrong.  If I wanna go out to the bar and grab a beer and a cheeseburger, I can afford to do so.  But I am definitely not dropping $1,000 a month at the LV store, nor could I afford to do so.  

Originally Posted by kicksnmusic

living (relatively) comfortably, definitely in a "good situation", hopefully things pop off with my "dream job". Not gone tell ya'll what I do, yet.

As for this RFX hoopla, here's some math:
spend 2k a month on high end stuff =24k a year
bills, all other expenses in a major city = 30-40k on the extreme side.

thats roughly 60k a year, then add in 10-20k a year in savings that's roughly 80k.

I can google you guys over a dozen jobs that earn 80k starting or within 2-3 years.

So to answer what RFX does: He has a solid job that he earned from (likely) attending college and then finding a job where he worked hard to rise up in the ranks. It really is as simple as "doing it". Only thing is, you gotta start.

PS: you're welcome

you either DONT work, or you work for the military.  If you can google a dozen jobs that start at $80K NET (without requiring a graduate or doctorate level degree plus additional skills training) I would love to see that list.

as for your "estimates"... also way off base.

I live in a major city - Los Angeles

I am not living a baller life by any stretch.  Hell, I live in a condo and I do NOT live extravagantly, not even close to being on the "extreme side".  My month to month bills and expenses including groceries (man's gotta eat) exceed $40K a year EASY.  Thats not even including my wife's student loans, car payments, insurance, incidentals, etc... etc...

I wish there was enough money left over to put $10-20K cash in my savings each year without changing up my lifestyle.

I mean, don't get me wrong.  If I wanna go out to the bar and grab a beer and a cheeseburger, I can afford to do so.  But I am definitely not dropping $1,000 a month at the LV store, nor could I afford to do so.  

Originally Posted by glasses

sorry to be stereotypical, but RFX is asian, and asians live for materialistic items. My guess is that he spends more on "fashion" each month than he does for his house & car payment.
Don't know why NT is so interested in his situation, it's easily do-able with a 100k salary being a single guy to do what he does. the dudes with real wealth on NT aren't showing it on NT, trust me.

basically

also if he lives with his parents and doesn't have a car payment then this is easily obtainable without a 100k salary

sorry to be stereotypical, but RFX is asian, and asians live for materialistic items. My guess is that he spends more on "fashion" each month than he does for his house & car payment.
Don't know why NT is so interested in his situation, it's easily do-able with a 100k salary being a single guy to do what he does. the dudes with real wealth on NT aren't showing it on NT, trust me.

basically

also if he lives with his parents and doesn't have a car payment then this is easily obtainable without a 100k salary

Originally Posted by Money Making A

basically

this is a MATERIALISTIC forum. we all live with materialistic items if we're here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Money Making A

basically

this is a MATERIALISTIC forum. we all live with materialistic items if we're here
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom