Anybody on that Wu-Tang: An American Saga??? Vol. Wu Wednesdays on Hulu

Just started watching. Actor who plays RZA is still irritating and Busta Rhymes looks like more like Coolio

Last edited:
This show will def have you nitpicking, but I threw logic out the window a long time ago on this show lol

When this show first started it had real potential. I might be in the minority, but overall this has been a huge letdown. The writing and acting is downright cringe often times.

Seems like every other episode is a special theme...
I hate it. So much potential lost in this art school bull****.
Purple tape was cool although the guest casting of Nas was horrific. Would of preferred to see them in the studio interacting and recording. Haven seen liquid swords yet

everyone might not agree with my opinion but this series is the best thing I have seen in a while....got into wu tang clan like around 2010 when my older bro left "the purple tape 2" , "liquid swords", "fishcale" and "36 chambers" in the home music library....did my own researching after and became a fan. Thank you RZA for this moment, I missed out in the 90's and this series at least gets me to witness an important time in hip hop culture

I saw the interview Rae did with Vladtv and couldn't believe he thought a movie would be better than a series. Not everyone can pull off a series, but wit a big crew like wu tang, it needed all 3 season. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes

everyone might not agree with my opinion but this series is the best thing I have seen in a while....got into wu tang clan like around 2010 when my older bro left "the purple tape 2" , "liquid swords", "fishcale" and "36 chambers" in the home music library....did my own researching after and became a fan. Thank you RZA for this moment, I missed out in the 90's and this series at least gets me to witness an important time in hip hop culture
I respect your opinion, but this explains a lot. I disagree. For RZA to be responsible for this, this show is terrible. Being a fan and remembering the points they are portraying, it's just....NO. I've been hate watching this show pretty much, and amount of disrespect is crazy. The dude they got to play Busta Rhymes during that time....c'mon man 😂. The song recreations are flat and horrible and sounds like they didn't even try. At times I don't feel like this is even Wu Tang from the nonsense they are pulling. It feels like the story they are telling is far more interesting than what happened.

Yea I feel like it started with a spark but this last season has definitely been a disappointment.

Wu Tang series seems on brand with Wu Tang as a collective. It may not mirror what happened in real time moment for moment, but it’s damn entertaining if you approach with an open mind.

I started this damn thread and still haven’t been able to get past the first episode of the second season. :lol: :smh:

Wu Tang series seems on brand with Wu Tang as a collective. It may not mirror what happened in real time moment for moment, but it’s damn entertaining if you approach with an open mind.
tumblr_m565dqFdOa1qdrcyyo1_250.gif

Think this episode is touching the Ghost story with the Delfonic’s and a shootout.

All caught up, why in the hell is Freddie Gibbs in this? and using culture vulture is funny as hell seeing as this when this show takes place. Also hope that red lobster story is fake

Last edited:
was meth really distant like that or did Dave have scheduling conflicts that forced him to shoot solo? Felt like dude was in three eps the whole season.

was meth really distant like that or did Dave have scheduling conflicts that forced him to shoot solo? Felt like dude was in three eps the whole season.
The show is accurately depicting Meth's absence due to him becoming a rising solo star. After his album debut, he got more popular, did features with other artists away from the group, and slowly transitioned into acting and such.

Back
Top Bottom