Anybody own an Acer or Lenovo laptop?

Had an Acer a while ago, still works, but really slow and comes with so much additional software you don't need. Out of those two, I would go for the Lenovo.

Had an Acer a while ago, still works, but really slow and comes with so much additional software you don't need. Out of those two, I would go for the Lenovo.

I have had my Acer laptop for the past 3 years.  Over that time, I have upgraded the RAM to 3GB, installed a bigger HD, and put in a 9 cell battery.  Overall, It's been an excellent purchase.  The only thing that I would have really complained about when I first bought it was the battery life.  It leaves much to be desired.  I would recommend getting an aftermarket 9 cell battery that'll last you a good 4-5 hours.  Then the Acer would be an excellent pickup for the price.

I have had my Acer laptop for the past 3 years.  Over that time, I have upgraded the RAM to 3GB, installed a bigger HD, and put in a 9 cell battery.  Overall, It's been an excellent purchase.  The only thing that I would have really complained about when I first bought it was the battery life.  It leaves much to be desired.  I would recommend getting an aftermarket 9 cell battery that'll last you a good 4-5 hours.  Then the Acer would be an excellent pickup for the price.

The Lenovo SL Series is a solid notebook at a budget price. I consider it the midpoint of the brand (between the regular Thinkpad and Ideapad).
I had an SL300 for a while and other than the wireless lan adapter starting to fail, the entire laptop was awesome.

The Lenovo SL Series is a solid notebook at a budget price. I consider it the midpoint of the brand (between the regular Thinkpad and Ideapad).
I had an SL300 for a while and other than the wireless lan adapter starting to fail, the entire laptop was awesome.

I bought an Acer Aspire 5570z in August of 07 and it's still going strong. I only use a computer for internet though.

I bought an Acer Aspire 5570z in August of 07 and it's still going strong. I only use a computer for internet though.

Back
Top Bottom