Anybody see NYC on google earth lately?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

There will never be a walmart in the nyc

too many mom and pop shops

kind of wish we had one, their prices are dirt cheap on some items

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I've wondered this for some time now.
is there a wal mart in NYC? where do yall buy groceries

i never once saw a grocery store when i went out there...i only saw a gas station in queens
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

There will never be a walmart in the bronx

too many mom and pop shops
there's a target though right?
Yeah

smh.gif
@me saying The Bronx

I meant NYC
laugh.gif
plus they got costco's too...it's just a matter of time.

I don't think a Wal-Mart would hurt mom & pop shops in NYC.

The only ones I could see gettin worried would be small beauty salon supply stores,video game stores, and other big chain electronic stores like Best Buy (Since most people flock to Wal-Mart for TV's, DVD player, and Blu-Rays).

And even if they did make one in NYC, I'm sure the prices would get regulated (I mean raised) so that they don't do damage to surrounding stores.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I don't think a Wal-Mart would hurt mom & pop shops in NYC.

The only ones I could see gettin worried would be small beauty salon supply stores,video game stores, and other big chain electronic stores like Best Buy (Since most people flock to Wal-Mart for TV's, DVD player, and Blu-Rays).

And even if they did make one in NYC, I'm sure the prices would get regulated (I mean raised) so that they don't do damage to surrounding stores.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
what kind of world do you live in?

^ They've done it with the K-Mart in Penn Station.

...Raised the prices so they don't compete too much with surrounding spots.

I don't see why what makes Wal-Mart so special that it wouldn't happen to them.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

^ They've done it with the K-Mart in Penn Station.

...Raised the prices so they don't compete too much with surrounding spots.

I don't see why what makes Wal-Mart so special that it wouldn't happen to them.
4ftwec.jpg

u know that walmart's economic power is more than most countries rite?

Still hasn't stopped people with no real power (like county aldermans) from interfering heavily with their prices and where they can open up or not.

Originally Posted by StonedFace

who goes grocery shopping at Wal-Mart...?
laugh.gif
I did while away at school & will when I go away again. The prices were cool, and pretty much everything you need to live is there
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
for some reason NYC on google earth reminds me of what Grand theft auto 3 looks like when the game glitches and the only objects that load are 2dimensional boxes.

GTA heads know what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by MaliciousIntent

laugh.gif
for some reason NYC on google earth reminds me of what Grand theft auto 3 looks like when the game glitches and the only objects that load are 2dimensional boxes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

who goes grocery shopping at Wal-Mart...?
laugh.gif

who doesn't? If you have a Wal Mart SuperCenter, they have better prices than anywhere else in town on the same items plus you can get most of your shopping done in one spot since you can get a variety of other types of items there too.

That's interesting too about price regulation in NYC with regard to KMart and TArget. Because when I was there, I swear I thought I was tripping that your KMart prices in Penn Station are hella higher than our's. I paid like 6$ for a brush.

And Duane Ready, which are everywhere, is just ridiculously expensive on everything other than little snacks. Yall need some Dollar Generals and Wal Marts. Nobody's trying to pay 6.50$ for a pair of AA batteries

Back
Top Bottom