Anyone a new found soccer fan?

Ever since Fifa 09 i became interested in the sport.. But last years world cup made me a full on fan. 
I'm disappointed in myself for not liking the sport very much growing up.

I probably watch 3-4 EPL games a week now 
smokin.gif

Basically im trying to catch up on what i do know as far as who are the most exciting players/teams to watch.. which players have the best attributes, players to watch, etc.. 

All positive help is welcome

Ever since Fifa 09 i became interested in the sport.. But last years world cup made me a full on fan. 
I'm disappointed in myself for not liking the sport very much growing up.

I probably watch 3-4 EPL games a week now 
smokin.gif

Basically im trying to catch up on what i do know as far as who are the most exciting players/teams to watch.. which players have the best attributes, players to watch, etc.. 

All positive help is welcome

I used to get Fox Soccer Channel and then comcast took it away and made it part of a premium package. When I got the NFL Red Zone this year it was included so I am back full swing. Alot of the EPL games take place while I am at work but I either DVR them or catch the replays. So yes, now that I have access, I am now a fan again.

Also truth, there is a soccer thread somewhere so you can probably keep tabs in that as well. 

I used to get Fox Soccer Channel and then comcast took it away and made it part of a premium package. When I got the NFL Red Zone this year it was included so I am back full swing. Alot of the EPL games take place while I am at work but I either DVR them or catch the replays. So yes, now that I have access, I am now a fan again.

Also truth, there is a soccer thread somewhere so you can probably keep tabs in that as well. 

I'm with you, truth. Soccer knocked basketball off my list of sports priorities this year.

I bandwagoned Italy during the 2006 WC but didn't really stick with it after that. There was no FSC, GolTV, or games on ESPN2 at that time for me.

First game that brought me back was the UCL Final last year. Then I got really hooked during the WC like everyone else. Now I'm glued to the EPL every weekend and will watch a few La Liga and Serie A matches too, depending on who is playing.

I'm with you, truth. Soccer knocked basketball off my list of sports priorities this year.

I bandwagoned Italy during the 2006 WC but didn't really stick with it after that. There was no FSC, GolTV, or games on ESPN2 at that time for me.

First game that brought me back was the UCL Final last year. Then I got really hooked during the WC like everyone else. Now I'm glued to the EPL every weekend and will watch a few La Liga and Serie A matches too, depending on who is playing.

Originally Posted by DLo13

pimp.gif
dope chicharito avy.

i remember screaming my head off watching that goal live

pimp.gif
dope chicharito avy.

i remember screaming my head off watching that goal live

I really enjoy watching the international competitions more then leagues. I religiously watched the world cup last summer and the Euro tourney the year before, rooting for Poland
30t6p3b.gif
. I'm hoping to go to the next Euro Cup next summer since its in Poland/Ukraine,  but trying to convince my friends is like pulling teeth since its Eastern Europe. 

I really enjoy watching the international competitions more then leagues. I religiously watched the world cup last summer and the Euro tourney the year before, rooting for Poland
30t6p3b.gif
. I'm hoping to go to the next Euro Cup next summer since its in Poland/Ukraine,  but trying to convince my friends is like pulling teeth since its Eastern Europe. 

Chicharito is my dude.
pimp.gif

If only they'd get rid of that bum Rooney...
laugh.gif
lol. i like rooney. he's just been slacking as of late.

i think they should play chicharito and berbatov up top. with rooney as a CAM. he kinda plays that position anyways. he's a play-making forward

Chicharito is my dude.
pimp.gif

If only they'd get rid of that bum Rooney...
laugh.gif
lol. i like rooney. he's just been slacking as of late.

i think they should play chicharito and berbatov up top. with rooney as a CAM. he kinda plays that position anyways. he's a play-making forward

I'd consider myself just a real casual fan, don't really have a favorite team, if i were to pick a favorite player it'd be Clint Dempsey or Berbatov since Berbatov is one of the few bulgarians playing soccer that i know of, and I'm part bulgarian myself.
I usually watch the EPL game thats on either Saturdays or Sundays early in the morning, but not much after that, maybe if my brother has a game on some other time i'll watch, but thats it.

Still I've gained a ton more respect since the World Cup and the build up.

I'd consider myself just a real casual fan, don't really have a favorite team, if i were to pick a favorite player it'd be Clint Dempsey or Berbatov since Berbatov is one of the few bulgarians playing soccer that i know of, and I'm part bulgarian myself.
I usually watch the EPL game thats on either Saturdays or Sundays early in the morning, but not much after that, maybe if my brother has a game on some other time i'll watch, but thats it.

Still I've gained a ton more respect since the World Cup and the build up.

I would always watch the big games. After this past World Cup, I would say I became a bigger fan of soccer overall.

Back
Top Bottom