Anyone a new found soccer fan?

^ Ballack doesn't play for Chelsea (EPL) anymore. He's on Bayer Leverkusen. 
I'm a Madrid fan but I can't agree La Liga is better than the EPL. The EPL is the most competitive league top to bottom. It's certainly the most physical by far. La Liga is limited to Madrid, Barca, Villarreal, Valencia, and Atleti for the most part. You could include Sevilla and Bilbao I guess. EPL table features Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, and Stoke. Not to mention Everton, Fulham, and Aston Villa are having "down years." 

^ Ballack doesn't play for Chelsea (EPL) anymore. He's on Bayer Leverkusen. 
I'm a Madrid fan but I can't agree La Liga is better than the EPL. The EPL is the most competitive league top to bottom. It's certainly the most physical by far. La Liga is limited to Madrid, Barca, Villarreal, Valencia, and Atleti for the most part. You could include Sevilla and Bilbao I guess. EPL table features Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Sunderland, Newcastle, Bolton, and Stoke. Not to mention Everton, Fulham, and Aston Villa are having "down years." 

Those who say the premiership is the best are wrong. I dont think its a bad league but its def under La Liga. For me the premiership is a tactical, slow, and defensive league. i like fast attacking soccer with creative players.

That would be Italy. Sure some teams are playing some nice attractive football in the Serie A atm (Udinese, Napoli, Palermo,etc.), but it's still the slowest most tactical league by far.

Those who say the premiership is the best are wrong. I dont think its a bad league but its def under La Liga. For me the premiership is a tactical, slow, and defensive league. i like fast attacking soccer with creative players.

That would be Italy. Sure some teams are playing some nice attractive football in the Serie A atm (Udinese, Napoli, Palermo,etc.), but it's still the slowest most tactical league by far.

Fifa 08 made me start appreciating soccer now I watch it whenever I can.. Even own 2 jerseys now, bout to make it 4
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Fifa 08 made me start appreciating soccer now I watch it whenever I can.. Even own 2 jerseys now, bout to make it 4
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I have red portugal Ronaldo and yellow brazil Robinho.. I'm bout to cop that Black/Orange Torres & White Chicharito

I have red portugal Ronaldo and yellow brazil Robinho.. I'm bout to cop that Black/Orange Torres & White Chicharito

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by Demps

I wouldn't watch premier league soccer cuz it boring. Watch La Liga (Spain) it's more exciting. Italian and Spanish soccer > English and German soccer

indifferent.gif

so you call the premier league boring but la liga and seria a exciting?

Op, watch the premier league and every thurday an MLS game is shown on espn2.
I know everyone here hates on the MLS, but I find it more watchable than the mexican league.

IMO the top 30 players in the world (Players in Premiership highlighted in red/correct me if i'm wrong).
6af35979ef6559745efb22f368d5df15a0bceb0.bmp

Those who say the premiership is the best are wrong. I dont think its a bad league but its def under La Liga. For me the premiership is a  tactical, slow, and defensive league. i like fast attacking soccer with creative players.
The problem with trying to classify an entire league based on the 30 or so best players is the fact that  literally all of those players except for the ones highlighted as they play in England play for basically a total of 4 different teams. Except for Fabiano, Aguero(who doesn't even start for country and should not be on that list) and Buffon who is goalie and people arent watching for the goalies. Plus you have guys like Klose, Ballack, and Pirlo who are very old and well past their prime.  So that list is basically irrelevant.  Secondly EPL is known for being fast and physical.  Even teams at the bottom of the table are fun to watch such as Blackpool and West Brom.  Blackpool beat spurs 3-1 the other day and had a couple of sublime goals.  If you don't like the EPL fine but to say its tactical and slow and defensive is just not true.  The depth in the league is second to none.  La Liga is trash by the way.  Its Barca and Real and everyone else.  Villareal and Valencia are decent and thats about it.  Serie A is a defensive league by nature but does have some attacking teams such as Napoli but overall I don't really get hyped over them.

Originally Posted by Demps

I wouldn't watch premier league soccer cuz it boring. Watch La Liga (Spain) it's more exciting. Italian and Spanish soccer > English and German soccer

indifferent.gif

so you call the premier league boring but la liga and seria a exciting?

Op, watch the premier league and every thurday an MLS game is shown on espn2.
I know everyone here hates on the MLS, but I find it more watchable than the mexican league.

IMO the top 30 players in the world (Players in Premiership highlighted in red/correct me if i'm wrong).
6af35979ef6559745efb22f368d5df15a0bceb0.bmp

Those who say the premiership is the best are wrong. I dont think its a bad league but its def under La Liga. For me the premiership is a  tactical, slow, and defensive league. i like fast attacking soccer with creative players.
The problem with trying to classify an entire league based on the 30 or so best players is the fact that  literally all of those players except for the ones highlighted as they play in England play for basically a total of 4 different teams. Except for Fabiano, Aguero(who doesn't even start for country and should not be on that list) and Buffon who is goalie and people arent watching for the goalies. Plus you have guys like Klose, Ballack, and Pirlo who are very old and well past their prime.  So that list is basically irrelevant.  Secondly EPL is known for being fast and physical.  Even teams at the bottom of the table are fun to watch such as Blackpool and West Brom.  Blackpool beat spurs 3-1 the other day and had a couple of sublime goals.  If you don't like the EPL fine but to say its tactical and slow and defensive is just not true.  The depth in the league is second to none.  La Liga is trash by the way.  Its Barca and Real and everyone else.  Villareal and Valencia are decent and thats about it.  Serie A is a defensive league by nature but does have some attacking teams such as Napoli but overall I don't really get hyped over them.

this is the first time i've heard anyone call the premier league slow and defensive 
laugh.gif

this is the first time i've heard anyone call the premier league slow and defensive 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

Fifa 08 made me start appreciating soccer now I watch it whenever I can..
09 for me. My friends and I followed 2010 World Cup religiously, and played pick-up games whenever we could. There was nothing better than scoring a goal and celebrating like a maniac
laugh.gif

I own a 2010 World Cup Buffon jersey (the white one, it took me months to finally find it online, it's
pimp.gif
). I don't have a favorite club, but I do watch EPL/Seria A/La Liga whenever I can.

I'm really looking forward to playing pick-up games again this summer.

Originally Posted by henz0

Fifa 08 made me start appreciating soccer now I watch it whenever I can..
09 for me. My friends and I followed 2010 World Cup religiously, and played pick-up games whenever we could. There was nothing better than scoring a goal and celebrating like a maniac
laugh.gif

I own a 2010 World Cup Buffon jersey (the white one, it took me months to finally find it online, it's
pimp.gif
). I don't have a favorite club, but I do watch EPL/Seria A/La Liga whenever I can.

I'm really looking forward to playing pick-up games again this summer.

Back
Top Bottom