Anyone Been to Paris?

Gonna be in Paris for a couple days. I have no idea where to go. What are some cool spots to hit? Anyone know any good clubs? Looking for some sexy Eurobitties!

Don't know any clubs but I was there this summer. Visit the Eifel tower, Notre Dame ad Mouling Rouge at least. Louvre for art. Champs-Élysées has all theshops and Arc de Triomphe in the end. Most of the stores are experiences even if you don't buy anything.

I think you can find some girls in the park in front of the Eifel Tower in the evening. A lot of people go there in the evening to just chill and have fun.

People in Paris REALLY don't speak english so get ready for that.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

From what some French people told me when I went there, French people DO know English since its mandatory to learn it or something like that, but because ofnational pride they refuse to speak it. The only people who helped us out with directions were Asian/Indian and American immigrants
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Like JPioneer said, hit up the Eifel Tower & Notre Dame obviously. Champs-Elysees for shopping...the flagship Louis Vuitton store is there as well
pimp.gif

Going to be there in a week. I hope this not speaking English thing isn't true. Probably won't do much on my own since I'll be with fam but I'mlooking forward to seeing the city again since I haven't been since I was like 12. Definitely going to the Eiffel Tower.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by JPioneer

From what some French people told me when I went there, French people DO know English since its mandatory to learn it or something like that, but because of national pride they refuse to speak it. The only people who helped us out with directions were Asian/Indian and American immigrants
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, Paris is the worst. In Nice they all spoke English. Took me 30 minutes to find myself on the map in the morning after going straight to myhotel with a taxi from the train station at 1AM (long story) because anyone wouldn't help me. Finally a nice girl offered help without me even asking forit
pimp.gif

The baguettes in Paris are just something else (nh)
pimp.gif

Here...I went to Paris a week ago and my friend sent me this. Basically has all the tourist stuff you need to do. She's a British chick so if it soundsweird its because she's British. Paris is a dope city though.

MOULIN ROUGE
Address :
Bal du Moulin Rouge
Montmartre
82 boulevard de Clichy
75018 Paris - France

Metro: Blanche

Menus are extortionate from 150 per head upwards. Only worth going to go look at night as looks pretty %+$%%$ in the day. The run sex tours round here ifthat's you're kinda thing! Meant to be quite good. Restaurants are also pretty good in this area if you head left up the road (left facing the Moulinrouge). Head the other way and all you'll find is a prostitute.

LOUVRE
Address:
Place du Carrousel
75001 Paris, France

Metro : Palais Royal Musee du Louvre station
Free admission on Friday evening. or 6 euros 6pm- 9.45pm 9 in the day. FOOD IS %!#* INSIDE. Just to pre warn you.

EIFFEL TOWER
Address :
Tour Eiffel
Champ de Mars
75007 Paris.

Metro : Line 6- Bir Hakeim, Duplex, Trocadero or 8 ecole militaire

2nd floor- 6.50 admissions 9.30- 10.30
Top floor- 9.90
Stairs- 3.50 admissions 9.30- 6.30

Nothing to eat round this area, so dont go there hungry as all you'll get is an overpriced and %+$%%$ sandwich from a vendor.

ARC DE TRIOMPHE AND CHAMPS ELYSEES
Address :
Place du Général-de-Gaulle,
75008 Paris

Metro : Charles de Gaulle
Bus : 52, 72, 92, 22, 30

Open 10- 5.30 Admission price 5.50 per person. Really good view of paris. Deffo recommend climbing. People say its better than the Eiffel tower view which inmy opinion isn't worth doing and is over priced. Have a walk around the champs elysees, its all the designer shops and main shopping street.

NOTRE DAME
Address :
Parvis Notre Dame
75004 Paris, France

Open 8am- 6.45 and 7.15 at weekends
Free of charge

Metro: line 4 Station Cite/ St Michel. Line 1, 11- Hotel de ville

Sat 2.30 english tour. Beautiful building, deffo worth a look.

RUE CLER
eclectic street/ flea market.
Really good for vintage shopping and little bars. Is the cool area of paris, like the downtown of the city.
Metro: ecole militaire
The Marais
Best for: Eclectic fashion, unique jewelry, antiques and fine art.
Getting there: Metro Saint-Paul (Line 1)
Main streets: Rue des Francs-Bourgeois, Place des Vosges, Rue de Turenne, Rue des Rosiers
The historic Marais quarter is prime stomping ground for shoppers with an eye for the unique and finely-crafted, not to mention antique and art lovers. Tryantiques or fine-arts shopping on the Place des Vosges, jewellery shopping at boutiques like Satellite on Rue des Francs-Bourgeois, or explore boutiquesfeaturing up-and-coming designers on Rue des Rosiers. This is the jewish section of Paris, its pretty cool to walk around.

Les Invalides
A huge museum dedicated to the war and %!#* like that. Is huge and takes a while to get around, but is pretty good.
Right across from l'ecole militare so u can check the two out together, just up the road from the Eiffel tower.

CENTRE POMPIDOU
Address:
Centre Pompidou
75191 Paris

Metro: Pambureau, hotel de ville, chatelet

Open 11am- 10pm Free to visitors under 26 from EU. Bring passport.

PANTHEON
Address:
19, Place du Panthéon
75005 Paris, France

Open 10- 6.30pm price is 7 euros per person.

Metro Cardinal Lemoine.

SACRE COURE.
Far away, but DEFFO worth going to for the views, its amazing. Only a few euro entrance and u get to see the church, crypt and climb the tower. Was myfavourite day of my trip.

MUSEE D'ORSAY
Really cool museum, deffo worth a trip, its shown on all the maps and takes a good few hours to get around. %+$%%$ food in there tho, so eat before, same goesfor the louvre.

SAINT GERMAIN DES PRES
Best for: vintage shopping, cool bars and food
Getting there: Metro Saint-Germain-des-Près (Line 4), Sèvres-Babylone (Line 10)
Main streets: Blvd. St.-Germain, Rue St. André-des-Arts, Rue de Sèvres
This is where all the old authors used to write their books and have lunch, so its kind of an expensive area to eat and have a shop around. Its kind of cool,but would recommend it for a lunch or dinner as there's some nice spots in the many roads.

If you go to a restaurant your waiter should be able to help you with whatever you need. Everywhere I went they would help us and hope for a bigger tip.
When you go to the Louvre expect to stand in line for a long time.
Anywhere you go will have some sexy Euro girls.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Gonna be in Paris for a couple days. I have no idea where to go. What are some cool spots to hit? Anyone know any good clubs? Looking for some sexy Euro bitties!

Dine at Guy Savoy, you won't regret it. Although, your wallet may.

It's a great city. Definitely see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Sacre Couer (great at night when it's lit up) and just wander around.

They do speak English - and most people in stores and restaurants will quite happily. You do come across some who don't to be rude - but that's theexception in my experience.

Super expensive at the moment though - I bought a can of Coke in he summer and it was about $2.50.

The Louvre is worth a look too - even if you just wander around the outside. I was disappointed b the Mona Lisa - but at least I've seen it.

^Mona Lisa is so anti-climatic when you do see it. I used to live in Paris. It's my favorite city in the world.

I'd say for sure check out Notre-Dame, Museey de Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Centre Pompidou (I found the exterior of the building more interesting than theart there) & Sacre Couer. In my entire time of living in Paris, I never once visited the Tour Eiffel.

Some sites/food that I'd recommend checking that no one mentioned:

-Sainte Chapelle (It's a church by Notre-Dame, probably the most ridiculous stained glass you will ever see!!!)
-Eat at "L'entrecote" - Best Steak Frites EVER!
-Eat a Sandwich Greque! It's known as kebab or shoarma in America. European kebab is amazing!
-Opera de Paris - Original Opera house in Paris - Amazing site.
-Pere LaChaise Cemetery
-The Catacombs - The underground city of Paris!
-If you are into fashion, I'd check out NOZBONE. It's a non-pretentious skateshop in Paris. A lot of locals and pro skaters are staff.
-Paris is also covered in parks. It'll probably be pretty cold there. But the Luxemburg & Tuilieries Garden.
-If you can travel outside the city, go to Versailles!!

Yeah, Versailles is crazy. Just remember that the people were starving when they were building all that.

I went up the Eiffel Tower this summer - didn't do that last time. It was well worth it - on a good day anyway. You can see for miles and just the way itwas built and everything was interesting.

I booked an organized trip where they took you a few places each day - and it was really good value (plus it saved you queing to get in as they already had thetickets for some things).

What about stores? Im gonna check out the APC store, Uniquo store, what are some good districts. ANyone been to REX CLUB? thinking of hitting that up

Enjoy yourself. I love it there.
happy.gif

I agree with what someone said about the Mona Lisa being anti-climatic but the Louvre is a good visit.

Walk around the shopping districts and meet people if you are up to it...Strike up a convo with a girl behind the counter as you are buying something. They canshow you around and you'll learn about whats going on as far as nightlife goes.

Make it a priority to see the catacombs.

OK I don't remember the name of it but there is a spot in Montmartre with BOMB *%! fondue and wine that they serve in baby bottles...it is a hugeparty...the concierge at your hotel will prob know the name

Also the clubs there are crazy but I was so drunk I don't remember any of their names
There's one in a tunnel by the Seine that was off the hook

n10612521_34273021_1261.jpg

Fondue spot

n10612521_34273022_3107.jpg

In the club

n10612521_34273024_6509.jpg

For real I was bent...Paris is the *!%%

Make sure you go to the Louvre, I loved it.

Besides all the normal tourist stuff if your looking for a club, hit up club Gibus. I was there on a friday night this past summer and it was
pimp.gif
for a euro hip hop club. If you take the metro make sure you don't leave theclub early since the metro doesn't run 24/7. You'll just be stuck waiting for it to reopen at 5am.

http://www.gibus.fr/

Back
Top Bottom