Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I'm telling y 'all not being able to find all this retail is a blessing in disguise. I know the appeal of ripping packs is strong, but retail is and will always be trash. Take that money you would of spent on a bunch of trash and pick up some singles instead. The gamble is fun, but it's like buying scratch tickets vs playing blackjack.

I'm not big on group breakers, but I would even suggest going that route as opposed to retail wax.

If you want to gamble and possibly hit big do this over 3 blaster boxes
1610669825162.png

Last edited:
Bro I have never once hit at Target. Not a single Prizm, Optic, Mosaic, etc. Blows me away that people find anything ever.

Went to Target today. Asked a guy when the card restocker usually comes and he said "Random days, but when she does she has a whole group of dudes that follow her from store to store and clean out the shelves as soon as she's done." So I said "basically means I have no chance?" and he replies "Not unless you join their group"

So, I got that going for me.

Question. Why haven’t card companies increased msrp, or the target store’s themselves? Or maybe they have.
Maybe it’s just my area but growing up, packs sat. Boxes sat. Even hobby boxes. And now my metro of a million appears to have just one card shop left, and they aren’t selling out of everything? Maybe I need to fill that niche? My area is always slow to the crazes. I haven’t been to any targets for any reason since March, so maybe the craze is there. But not hobby boxes themselves?

Went to Target today. Asked a guy when the card restocker usually comes and he said "Random days, but when she does she has a whole group of dudes that follow her from store to store and clean out the shelves as soon as she's done." So I said "basically means I have no chance?" and he replies "Not unless you join their group"

Doesn't make sense. Does she give these dudes her schedule? How do they know where to find her as she starts her day? Crazy.

Doesn't make sense. Does she give these dudes her schedule? How do they know where to find her as she starts her day? Crazy.

Maybe she does the same route every day or whatever? I dunno, I haven't caught anything in a while. I live less than a mile from a different Target and every time I'm in there, no one ever knows ****. So I hit it at open sometimes, and then just drop in if I'm in the area to see if I can catch a random restock... but nada, for months.

i read it as they tail her truck or something. Even if she does give her route it all sounds creepy af

That's what I'm saying. Straight stocking status.

Maybe she does the same route every day or whatever? I dunno, I haven't caught anything in a while. I live less than a mile from a different Target and every time I'm in there, no one ever knows ****. So I hit it at open sometimes, and then just drop in if I'm in the area to see if I can catch a random restock... but nada, for months.

That could be it. To do the same route at the exact same time.

Vendors are allowed to give locations but they don't encourage it. Lady in the bay told everyone her set schedule from now on. Lines are crazy at each store lol

I'm telling y 'all not being able to find all this retail is a blessing in disguise. I know the appeal of ripping packs is strong, but retail is and will always be trash. Take that money you would of spent on a bunch of trash and pick up some singles instead. The gamble is fun, but it's like buying scratch tickets vs playing blackjack.

I'm not big on group breakers, but I would even suggest going that route as opposed to retail wax.

If you want to gamble and possibly hit big do this over 3 blaster boxes
1610669825162.png
It totally understand what you are saying here. Personally I haven't been able to find any retail since I bought Optic when it came out. I have been lucky with retail the last 2 years though. But my story is different then most though. I hit a Kobe /25 auto, Barkley auto and Trae auto all from the same Walmart store here in this small town I live in. I also did very well with this past years Prizm hitting a Green Zion and a few base Zions and some good rookie silvers. However, I have never had that success in previous years. I just got lucky as hell.

Anyone sell their pks here? If so how much over retail? Just curious because I’ve seen prices on eBay and they’re ridiculous. Wondering if it is worth it to buy from folks here

Anyone sell their pks here? If so how much over retail? Just curious because I’ve seen prices on eBay and they’re ridiculous. Wondering if it is worth it to buy from folks here

Ive bought from 2 people here and they charged me retail - I gave them a tip of like 20 bucks as a thanks

CARTEL777 CARTEL777 and sole searchin sole searchin thanks again lads

To be clear it’s only been baseball for me.

If anyone knows where to buy hobby at a reasonable price, I’d like to!

It’s same around me. There are groups of guys that know the same schedule and they go store to store together and split.
That and target employees are going back and opening boxes and shelving them for themselves. My cousin saw a target employee with his lunch box going on break with blasters in his hand. He asked him if there’s more and the kid flat out said he saved those for himself. Oof.

Back
Top Bottom