Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Just made an ebay purchase before I saw the discount too. Granted this card wasn't super expensive, but happy to have it in the personal collection.

20200810_201855.jpg

Maybe I missed it because I didn't go back too far in this thread, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the explosion in MPJ and Bol Bol cards. I literally had to go find my Pink Ice MPJ from last years prizm and mag it because they are selling for over 200 now on EBAY. The Bol Bol Orange ice has been selling for close to 100. All that just because of 3 good scrimmage games. Don't get me wrong I'm very high on Bol Bol but wow, his stuff exploded based on 3 games that don't mean anything. It's crazy where the hobby is at right now.

Maybe I missed it because I didn't go back too far in this thread, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the explosion in MPJ and Bol Bol cards. I literally had to go find my Pink Ice MPJ from last years prizm and mag it because they are selling for over 200 now on EBAY. The Bol Bol Orange ice has been selling for close to 100. All that just because of 3 good scrimmage games. Don't get me wrong I'm very high on Bol Bol but wow, his stuff exploded based on 3 games that don't mean anything. It's crazy where the hobby is at right now.

Bol Bol got brought up a couple times around the time he was playing in those scrimmages. I had purchased a bunch of both him and MPJ before the bubble, simply because they are the two young prospects on my Nuggets. Everything I got was dirt cheap.

I love Goat Goat but I think MPJ is the real deal.

I think I got all of this MPJ for $60, minus the Prizm silver. That was $200 but just looked now and they're going for as much as $500 now.
20200811_105201.jpg

So I purchased one of Andrew Thiele’s heritage card. He’s one of the artists that’s doing Project 2020 and I got this card in and I absolutely love it! Pictures do it no justice whatsoever. Being from NY and being a Yankee fan probably heighten my appreciation for this card but I think it’s absolutely amazing!
D0ADE580-BCAF-41BA-8345-3BFDED109F91.jpeg

Just made an ebay purchase before I saw the discount too. Granted this card wasn't super expensive, but happy to have it in the personal collection.

20200810_201855.jpg
Dude this is so clean. I just picked up Yaz's auto.

Also saw the triple auto of Clark, Posey, and Lincecum. Holy that's nice.

I was going through my Topps Chrome and I realized there are a lot of pitchers in this set.

Damn, other than this thread where else can I learn / read about cards?

My old Grant Hill Fleer Flair rookie card worth anything? That was about the end of my card buying days.

Bol Bol got brought up a couple times around the time he was playing in those scrimmages. I had purchased a bunch of both him and MPJ before the bubble, simply because they are the two young prospects on my Nuggets. Everything I got was dirt cheap.

I love Goat Goat but I think MPJ is the real deal.

I think I got all of this MPJ for $60, minus the Prizm silver. That was $200 but just looked now and they're going for as much as $500 now.
20200811_105201.jpg
Nice pickup's bro. I wish I would have gone in on some color of MPJ. All my MPJ's were stuff I pulled from retail. I do have a Pink Ice rookie prizm and 2 Optic Shocks. I opened a ton of Prizm last year and only pulled 1 base MPJ. On the other hand I pulled 3 Luka base rookies.

Back
Top Bottom