Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

They are getting them the same way most of us are.

I was at a local shop last week and a dad comes in with his son looking to buy Prizm basketball. He had no idea on what the difference was between any of the offerings and this shop had everything from blasters, cellos, fast break to even a few hobby boxes. When he asked the owner what the difference was at no point did he mention that that most of the products are actually intended for retail and the odds of pulling anything of value being absolutely terrible. The entire exchange made me sick to my stomach and left me feeling terrible for not speaking up.

pretty much. They either have people stalking Walmart/target for retail product to mark up or they buy from people and mark it up themselves. Just always wondered if they are allocated retail product as well

Oh well

Damn, haven’t posted in a while. What’s up y’all!

When I seen 12-13 prizm blow up, I had to check my boxes. Found 5 lebrons, 3 kawhis and a whole bunch of others. This is the first base set I ever completed, including inserts, but not the autos , and still have to this day. Also got back my first psa submission!
image.jpg

Take a look at that Kawhi though! I’m trying to contact PSA if they can recase it and guarantee same grade because of that smudge. Has anyone experienced anything like this? It’s such an eye sore, and might affect value even if it’s a 10.

image.jpg

damn that sucks about the Kawhi. Those the only ones you slabbed up? Hopefully you have some color also

damn that sucks about the Kawhi. Those the only ones you slabbed up? Hopefully you have some color also
Yea, only ones that looked like a “10” imo. And it was my first sub, so wanted to test it out. I placed an order 6/22, they received it on 7/1, they shipped back to me 7/7. I believe this was the express service.

smudge on the case or card?
Hard to tell cause I can’t see it at the right angle of separation. I’m just assuming it’s the case. Unless they smudged my card while grading and decided to give me a 10 for it as a way of them saying sorry lol

Gotta think that smudge is on the case otherwise it would have prevented it from getting a 10 in the first place.

Can't believe it passed QA lol

I'm sure they will re-holder it for you and I dont know why the grade would change.

If the smudge is actually on the card and its permanent, gotta imagine they would need to compensate you the value of whatever that card goes for in a 10

Which Bowman boxes did you buy? Hobby? Jumbo? I'm starting on my Bowman set.

Hobby. Jumbo boxes are nice cuz 3 autos, but also like 3x the price. I also bought a couple blasters. I've spent a lot on Bowman this year, more than any set in my life.

That’s the thing I struggle with. All these LCS’s out there and I get it s a business but hard to support the LCS when prices are what they are and lots of times online is less.

When I see all those blasters at triple the price I def feel some type of way. :smh:

6 packs into this Series 2 Hobby Box and meh lol

Update: Went through the hobby box and no auto. Just a Andrew McCutcheon Relic.

Are autos super rare? I would've thought I get at least one by now.

Last edited:
6 packs into this Series 2 Hobby Box and meh lol

Update: Went through the hobby box and no auto. Just a Andrew McCutcheon Relic.

Are autos super rare? I would've thought I get at least one by now.

Wait, you didnt get an auto in a Bowman hobby box? Damn. While they use language that says that on average you get 1 auto per box and not specifically guaranteeing one, I have never heard of someone not getting an auto in a Bowman box. Sucks my guy.

I got a sealed series 2 hobby box the other day with no silver pack in it. Not like it would have had anything good in it anyways

I got a sealed series 2 hobby box the other day with no silver pack in it. Not like it would have had anything good in it anyways
So you’ve had bad luck with Series 2? What I experienced is somewhat normal? lol

So you’ve had bad luck with Series 2? What I experienced is somewhat normal? lol
These were probably the best cards I got from two hobby boxes. The two on the left were the auto and relic (1 from each box I opened). The auto sucks. Relic is ok because at least I PC Phillies.
882B028A-5FC9-4797-A9A3-42213AC5C342.jpeg

These were probably the best cards I got from two hobby boxes. The two on the left were the auto and relic (1 from each box I opened). The auto sucks. Relic is ok because at least I PC Phillies.
882B028A-5FC9-4797-A9A3-42213AC5C342.jpeg
So this is what I got out of the hobby box, that included one silver pack. Are they common?
290E4AA7-1B4F-4DC5-9410-2E929C57D82D.jpeg

So this is what I got out of the hobby box, that included one silver pack. Are they common?
290E4AA7-1B4F-4DC5-9410-2E929C57D82D.jpeg
Is that mcutcheon the relic? You probably have more in that box that you missed. My boxes had a few parallels I didn’t include in the pic because the players were kind of blah. You should have at least one base parallel and maybe an sp too

Is that mcutcheon the relic? You probably have more in that box that you missed. My boxes had a few parallels I didn’t include in the pic because the players were kind of blah. You should have at least one base parallel and maybe an sp too
Ahh , then yeah. I got a black parallel Dellin Betances and Archie Bradley card. I'll have to go through and see if I have a parallel.

Back
Top Bottom