Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

How many people enter and what’s cost?
Raffle sizes are all different but the most common ones are 10 spotters, 50 spotters and 100 spotters. I just got in a 500 spotter, but thats obviously just like buying a lottery ticket.

Cost varies. For instance, that pink cracked ice was a 10 spotter and tickets were $22. The Mahomes I won a while back was a 50 spotter and tickets were $15 each.

Its a good way for sellers to make a little more than what comps are, and also a good way to get an expensive card for a fraction of the price. Gotta be careful not to go crazy though.

20 years ago, who would’ve thought that a 6th round draft pick would be the reason that case would be worth that much

Same thing could be said for so many sets. The 1996-1997 basketball set is another good example. People liked Kobe, but there were so many more hyped players in that class that people were after. Obviously Iverson cards were huge, and still do well, but even guys like Marcus Camby and Stephon Marbury were more valuable at the time. No one wanted Steve Nash. 1994-1995 basketball is another good example. Jason Kidd and Grant Hill were huge as rookies, and even Glenn Robinson. Over the years, interest kind of fell off. 25 years later you can still grab their best rookies cheap. Never really know what is going to happen with a set.

Willing to sell my Luka at current comps if anyone is interested? Avoid feebay
F981A841-86DC-4E94-AB55-C3DF3E5AC1DE.jpeg
932D80D2-D205-473E-AB9C-3C9E45341972.png

What's going on NT fam...

Been lurking this thread since getting back into the hobby over the last several months and thought it was finally time to post.

I think it was Project 2020 that first pulled me back in, followed by the Bowman Mega craze which climaxed at finding 20 boxes at Target :smokin. Since then the retail well has all but dried up for me outside of some assorted 2020 S2. Transitioned to my LCS but after some Bowman Hobby purchases and Topps Finest/Chrome Hobby/Jumbos the price : hits ratio hasn't been great. Currently in the singles-buying phase which is nowhere near as fun as ripping packs but ultimately gets me the cards I want.

Love seeing everyone's PCs and pick ups and I'm hoping to be more active in here.

Some pics:

IMG_3665.jpg
IMG_3669.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3666 2.jpg
IMG_3670 2.jpg

What's going on NT fam...

Been lurking this thread since getting back into the hobby over the last several months and thought it was finally time to post.

I think it was Project 2020 that first pulled me back in, followed by the Bowman Mega craze which climaxed at finding 20 boxes at Target :smokin. Since then the retail well has all but dried up for me outside of some assorted 2020 S2. Transitioned to my LCS but after some Bowman Hobby purchases and Topps Finest/Chrome Hobby/Jumbos the price : hits ratio hasn't been great. Currently in the singles-buying phase which is nowhere near as fun as ripping packs but ultimately gets me the cards I want.

Love seeing everyone's PCs and pick ups and I'm hoping to be more active in here.

Some pics:

IMG_3665.jpg
IMG_3669.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3666 2.jpg
IMG_3670 2.jpg
Beautiful cards, man!

I think Project 2020 got my interest into baseball cards. But it wasn't until my cousin started talking to me about cards that I got really interested. And here I am, now.

That Blue May from Topps Finest is great. I've been trying to win an orange Mike Yastrzemski for the past week but keep getting outbid lol

Back
Top Bottom