Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Okay great! Thanks for the help! So it isn’t like shoes where they put them out on a date and time? It’s just random?

Super random. Retail stores get stocked by 3rd party vendors so to hit in-store you have to get there when its getting stocked pretty much

was able to grab a bunch of 2021 MLB Topps at target this morning. had limit of three items per customer though.

I hit today, if anyone needs any lmk
174BBF01-298B-4D51-B4E9-58B00C7CDA0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the Gold Series 1 in the mail today from a break, and got the RC from a trade that I did with my local LCS for some football mosaic and prizm (sorry Jake Fromm & Jacob Eason, I'm just not a believer at this time lol)

1614470169025.png

Luka 1/1 Logoman just sold for 4.6 million dollars by the well known collector Shyne. Just when people starting to say the hobby is dead. Most expensive basketball card ever sold.

Luka 1/1 Logoman just sold for 4.6 million dollars by the well known collector Shyne. Just when people starting to say the hobby is dead. Most expensive basketball card ever sold.
Was this graded or didn’t need to be?
Does this give incentive to other card producers to try and do their own set of 1 of 1s? There’s a lot of new money out there. I wouldnt say the hoppy is exactly growing leaps and bounds. This card will be for sale within the new month and a $100,000 come up is still just that.

Does this give incentive to other card producers to try and do their own set of 1 of 1s? There’s a lot of new money out there. I wouldnt say the hoppy is exactly growing leaps and bounds. This card will be for sale within the new month and a $100,000 come up is still just that.

You don't grade 1/1's, it's the only one in the world, grade don't matter.

No one is spending 4 million dollars on a card just to flip for 100 k in a month lol. Dude buying this is gonna hold onto for awhile. He controls the market with a 1/1 card. Why settle for that much? This card was for sale for 150 k less than two years ago. Like you said new money and new investors into the hobby is keeping it alive ,well and booming. New records are shattering every month on cards.

I posted this a few hours ago. Look above.

Best site/online outlet for checking in on card value? Is there a Reddit or Discord channel worth hopping onto? I have a bunch of older (90's & 2000's) baseball cards that I'd love to check in on.
Definitely go to eBay and then sort by sold. You’ll see what the card is worth and can gauge the price off of that.

Rich get richer.
No idea what Shyne does, but If I had the free capital to buy a 1/1 Luka then I would have done the same. Easiest investment ever.

He said the guy he sold too is his business partner, so I'm sure he is going to sit on it a long time/attempt to sell if Luka wins a ring etc & it will be a decision that's heavily weighted when that comes.

Also, I've seen plenty of 1/1 cards get graded, I even have one(mainly because I want them protected), but I hardly see NT get graded & If I had a nice one like that I def wouldnt.

PO

I didn’t see a thread for gaming cards. Anyone been collecting Pokémon or other tcg cards?

not actively collecting anymore but I have a pile of old base set and later cards (holo char but not first edition) with some early to mid 90s basketball cards to be sent in for grading. Just waiting for the stimofey mozgov.

I didn’t see a thread for gaming cards. Anyone been collecting Pokémon or other tcg cards?

I used to play them all the time when I was in elementary, early middle school and yu gi oh too. I grew out of it but I really love how Pokémon came back esp. I felt like a little kid again when Pokémon cards became popular again

Damn nice zards!!! Champions Path got too boring for me to open so I stopped chasing the charizard after like 5 ETB’s.

vivid voltage is awesome. I bought a good amount and still didn’t pull a rainbow pika but I completed my amazing rare set and got 2 fat pikas so I’m satisfied. I’m aiming for shining fates next

Damn nice zards!!! Champions Path got too boring for me to open so I stopped chasing the charizard after like 5 ETB’s.

vivid voltage is awesome. I bought a good amount and still didn’t pull a rainbow pika but I completed my amazing rare set and got 2 fat pikas so I’m satisfied. I’m aiming for shining fates next

believe it or not i pulled the charizard on my first pack of shining fates

i bought a pikachu box for double retail from a comic book store because my gamestop pre orders got delayed lol talk about fate

don’t even get me started on champions path. i pulled the shiny on my first ETB and then probably spent over $2000 chasing the rainbow

after i got the shining fates one i said enough is a enough and just bought the rainbow to complete the little set. just got it on saturday actually

i didn’t go crazy with vivid tho but that pikachu rainbow is insanely hard to pull i’d be happy with those vmax you got. i only opened a booster box and 2 etbs and didn’t get anything crazy.

enjoy it man i’m 33 and still love it lol.

very few things come close to pulling a charizard out of a pack it’s a rush

Back
Top Bottom