Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Dam brother slow down lol

picked up some nfl contenders

Any nba? I have yet to touch basketball

They re-stocked Prizm Basketball Blasters. I don't think manual users had a chance. Everything sold out within 30 seconds.

I’m geekin.

7E701E46-59B7-4F3A-B839-3741BF29287F.jpeg

So my Friend that owned a card store back in the 90s who has over a 1000+ packs from current til the 80s maybe further. He brought me a few packs to open and told me I could keep whatever i open. I don’t know the value of cards in this era but here are a few of them
4009C3F0-F2B1-4361-95E3-8AD56B30B29E.jpeg

So my Friend that owned a card store back in the 90s who has over a 1000+ packs from current til the 80s maybe further. He brought me a few packs to open and told me I could keep whatever i open. I don’t know the value of cards in this era but here are a few of them

any rookie cards of any legends or hall of fames is always a win

the more I sit and stare at this card the more shocked I am that I got a 9 out of CGC.

I was hoping for a 9 but had come to grips with the fact that it was likely going to be an 8.5. When I saw it was a 9, my jaw dropped.

Lugia is such a hard card to grade due to factory print lines in the holo being so common (mine didn’t have any thankfully), and I had seen some whitening on my edges so I wasn’t sure.

anyway, so damn excited to have this card back finally and will be in awe for days / weeks that I have my favorite Pokémon card graded at a 9.

the more I sit and stare at this card the more shocked I am that I got a 9 out of CGC.

I was hoping for a 9 but had come to grips with the fact that it was likely going to be an 8.5. When I saw it was a 9, my jaw dropped.

Lugia is such a hard card to grade due to factory print lines in the holo being so common (mine didn’t have any thankfully), and I had seen some whitening on my edges so I wasn’t sure.

anyway, so damn excited to have this card back finally and will be in awe for days / weeks that I have my favorite Pokémon card graded at a 9.

those era of holos i remember scratched very easily too. everyone as a kid had holos that were beat up in the early 2000s and late 90s

those era of holos i remember scratched very easily too. everyone as a kid had holos that were beat up in the early 2000s and late 90s
Yeah I had been looking at graded Lugias for a while since I sent it off and a little before and most of the graded ones I see have print lines or play / mis-handling scratches on the holo foil like you said. Definitely a common theme.

I’m not sure what they saw on my surface to give me an 8.5 but I’m not even trippin, all things considered.

Seeing a few recent PSA return videos.. PSA looks to be grading quite a bit harsher these days. Seeing a lot less 10’s coming out and more 8-9. Interesting.

Seeing a few recent PSA return videos.. PSA looks to be grading quite a bit harsher these days. Seeing a lot less 10’s coming out and more 8-9. Interesting.
Thats for sure. PSA used to hand out 10s all over the place. I think they finally realized what they were doing and started cracking down on handing them out. That was always my gripe with PSA. If you want a quality card and don’t wanna spend that PSA money, a BGS 9.5 is just as good if not better IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Both Jordan's - $5-$10
The Rest $2 combined

Once again reminding everyone that if you are looking at investing or even breaking even ripping retail is not the way to go. Best time to sell anything pulled from a retail product is right after it drops.

Reactions: g14
[/QUOTE]

Both Jordan's - $5-$10
The Rest $2 combined

Once again reminding everyone that if you are looking at investing or even breaking even ripping retail is not the way to go. Best time to sell anything pulled from a retail product is right after it drops.

Investing and ripping should never even be used in the same sentence lol

Ripping is pure debauchery/gambling

Funny enough, the new 2020-21 Topps Chrome Soccer blasters have, surprisingly, returned more value from ripping than what they're currently going for on the after market ($50-ish). I ripped prob 15 blasters and Id guess 12 of em had cards that have sold for more than $50 in each. Best retail rip ever.

Both Jordan's - $5-$10
The Rest $2 combined

[/QUOTE]

i have no interest in investing just thought it was cool to share

CCG (CGC & CSG) sold for over $500mil.

Wonder what this means at the end of the day for CGC and even the card / collectible community.

Back
Top Bottom