Anyone disc golf?

So I just went out disc golfing for the second time ever, and it is a blast. I always thought it was lame but I tried it last week and it was a good time. Going out on a nice day for a casual 9 or a competitive 18 seems like a good way to spend an afternoon.

Anyways, who has tried it? How often you go? What do you throw? Any tips/tricks(I suck big time)

I haven't played in many years.

The few times that I did, I drank and smoked the whole time so I got not tips on how to play well.

Fun as hell. One of my proudest achievements in life was getting a hole in one frisbee golfing
laugh.gif
SMH

I went yesterday to a course that sits right on lake erie, and wouldnt know it i lose a disc...not in the lake like you would think but in a wide open fieldthat had freshly cut grass...damn

resurrecting this thread

just started playing in the summer

it's a growing sport...partially helped by ppl being on lockdown

good reason to get outside and do something, get together with friends, and have a beer or two

Picked it up this Summer, can't wait for it to warm up again to hit the course. Closest course is near the river, lotta discs floating in that.

Naw, they sunk to the bottom unless you can see them

They do make discs that float

Get a retriever…it’s essential when playing courses close to water which is common

I got this one

0FF0F656-8831-4641-99BC-114C98761B22.jpeg

https://1010discs.com/products/inzone-kwik-stik-xxl?_pos=2&_sid=801fc25a7&_ss=r

Normally $65 but they have it for $55…got a couple of discs to meet $60 free shipping threshold and first time buyer 10% off code 1010WELCOME or WELCOME1010

Extends up to 18’ and the end swivels so you can use it as a frame or hook

bumping this thread since warmer weather is upon us

past several weeks I played indoors at a putting league or two...one was in an old Radioshack, the other in a former Old Navy

played outside a few times over the winter

I plan on playing Friday since I'm taking off work and hopefully Sunday either putting league or a course

Last edited:
bumping this thread since warmer weather is upon us

past several weeks I played indoors at a putting league or two...one was in an old Radioshack, the other in a former Old Navy

played outside a few times over the winter

hopefully playing Friday since I'm taking off work and hopefully Sunday either putting league or a course

Playing in abandoned Radio Shacks and Old Navys? Sounds dope, haha. Bout to hit some of the courses if the rain holds off here in Chicago this week!

Playing in abandoned Radio Shacks and Old Navys? Sounds dope, haha. Bout to hit some of the courses if the rain holds off here in Chicago this week!
yea, the malls are ghost towns in my area (both FTL and Champs just closed in the one :ohwell:) so I'm sure the rent was cheap

I would imagine there's putting leagues in Chicago land...if you have the Udisc app there's a marksman league that Dynamic did where you could see scores from other leagues around the world

https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/products/2021-2022-winter-marksman-league

hopefully there's not as much rain this year as last...some places were pretty squishy in spots

Back
Top Bottom