anyone else ever been ripped off by sprint?

so my mom has an account with sprint and adds my younger brother. they get a joint plan for about a year and he decides to switch over to verizon with a storm. so my moms keeps her line and cancels my brothers number. year and a half later she notices she has been getting charged 130 for my brothers old sprint number on her checking account calls to dispute it and they say they never recorded the actual cancellation of the number. so for a year and a half they have been taking 130 from a line that dont even exist or has been even touched. any of you ever get some bs like this done to you 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by oidreez

how does she notice this a year and a half later?
this is a typical Verizon customer, doesn't mind paying more, doesn't even question the bills

She was getting charged $130 extra each month? If so, how stupid do you have to be to not notice that. If it was a one time thing than that just sounds like the early termination fee that is standard when closing a line early while still in contract.

i was shocked too that she didn't notice that 130 was being taken out her checking account just for that line alone. she has a family plan still with sprint so im guessing she thought that payment was all incorporated within what she pays now with her line. i tried to get on to speak to a supervisor and explain but they weren't hearing it. terrible service and customer service

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i was shocked too that she didn't notice that 130 was being taken out her checking account just for that line alone. she has a family plan still with sprint so im guessing she thought that payment was all incorporated within what she pays now with her line. i tried to get on to speak to a supervisor and explain but they weren't hearing it. terrible service and customer service

That must be one hell of  a family plan to not notice the $130 a month lol when I was with sprint we were paying $150 total.  But yea, I hate them.  Their CS sucks big time.  She should go back through her checking acct records, she would have been charged an early termination fee for that one line.  But without that, it's a he said she said thing and Sprint are a bunch of effers so good luck finding someone to believe you

Hard to argue since she willngly overpaid for 18mo..

I'm w/Sprint under a family plan w/Pops & he knows how to argue & get brand new phones for free LoL..Just threaten you're gonna leave them, demand don't ask...

This is sad to hear, those new unlimited plans have me ready to drop my iPhone 2G for the Supersonic.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

so my mom has an account with sprint and adds my younger brother. they get a joint plan for about a year and he decides to switch over to verizon with a storm. so my moms keeps her line and cancels my brothers number. year and a half later she notices she has been getting charged 130 for my brothers old sprint number on her checking account calls to dispute it and they say they never recorded the actual cancellation of the number. so for a year and a half they have been taking 130 from a line that dont even exist or has been even touched. any of you ever get some bs like this done to you 
laugh.gif

How is that ripped off? Your mom paid $130 extra for a YEAR AND A HALF AND NEVER NOTICED? I don't know about you, but if I cancel a phone line i'd be expecting to pay less once the next bill comes. It boggles my mind how she could cancel one line and not think something was wrong when she was paying the SAME AMOUNT as she was before she canceled it... FOR A YEAR AND A HALF.

It should be more like "Has anyone noticed Sprint Employees' incompetency?". There's fault on both ends.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

She was getting charged $130 extra each month? If so, how stupid do you have to be to not notice that. If it was a one time thing than that just sounds like the early termination fee that is standard when closing a line early while still in contract.

They must live the good life. Only people that live the good life don't check their statements.

i guess ill be the first one to imply that your mom is quite dense if she didn't realize that she was overpaying.

im being ripped off my verizion as i type, with my garbage phone and their garbage service and there garbage employees that dont know anything

yall rich... what the hell u worried about?

u know u got bread if u dont notice somethin like that...

I was falsely charged twice 75 dollars for casual data usage that I never used. even though i did watch that pron on my phone, but it was on wifi.
pimp.gif

Got the charges removed twice, they said if it happened again id be held responsible for the bill.
indifferent.gif
So since they couldn't get me now there charging my brother 75 bucks for the casual data usage. and there not backing down. Sprint FTMFL.
indifferent.gif

No but I am literately ripping them off with my $30 a month SERO account

I will defend Sprint until they take me off it, but for now they are the best phone company EVER

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

tell the married chick to pay the bill, and mine while she's at it with hubbys money.

laugh.gif
they admitted in the wrong. the employee made a mistake and is no longer with the company. figures
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom