Anyone else here just LOVE driving? Vol. It feels GREAT

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Agreed on everything you said 100%
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just wondering, what kind of car you drive man?

I dont have my own car, but I drive my parents CR-V. $!%@ sucks but its cool seeing as how Im not paying for it.

Hopefully Ill get my Italia soon
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I dont have my own car, but I drive my parents CR-V. $!%@ sucks but its cool seeing as how Im not paying for it.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yea same here, I drive my parent's Camry hybrid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Can't drive SUVs though, they're so high off the ground it's uncomfortable. When I'm in the Camry I lower my seat all the way to the ground and pretend I'm in a Gallardo
laugh.gif

As for the Italia... that day might come sooner than you think
wink.gif

OP i can tell you love cars as much as i do (past threads an such, fyi my first car was a camry i drove for 8 years, thing was invincible), i hope you get your dream car one day (realistic one at least)

Originally Posted by Al Audi

OP i can tell you love cars as much as i do (past threads an such, fyi my first car was a camry i drove for 8 years, thing was invincible), i hope you get your dream car one day (realistic one at least)

Thanks man. I will get my dream car (or cars). Right now my favorite 3 cars are the Nissan GTR, Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini LP640 roadster (thanks to my little trip to a NYC dealership). It might seem unrealistic (I used to want a Zonda
laugh.gif
), but I can promise you I will be there one day.

Those are the 3 cars I will strive to own, but I'll still rent cars for a day just to drive them around and try out new ones.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yea same here, I drive my parent's Camry hybrid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Can't drive SUVs though, they're so high off the ground it's uncomfortable. When I'm in the Camry I lower my seat all the way to the ground and pretend I'm in a Gallardo
laugh.gif

As for the Italia... that day might come sooner than you think
wink.gif
laugh.gif
I lower the seat all the way too

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Thanks man. I will get my dream car (or cars). Right now my favorite 3 cars are the Nissan GTR, Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini LP640 roadster (thanks to my little trip to a NYC dealership). It might seem unrealistic (I used to want a Zonda
laugh.gif

Those are the 3 cars I will strive to own, but I'll still rent cars for a day just to drive them around and try out new ones.

Where?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Where?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Oh you didn't hear about my little NYC exotic car shopping trip? I was in the city last week and I had to do it

I screwed around in the Maserati dealership on York St near the ACE Canal St. stop but that was just the beginning.

I went to Manhattan Motorcars after that and walked in, basically implied that I was going to buy a Lambo... and they treat you like royalty. I'm a teenager, was wearing casual clothes (shorts/slides), and this wicked FINE female was helping me buy a Ferrari 458
laugh.gif

That was where I saw the LP640 roadster in gray and I KNEW I had to own that in my life. I liked the car but when I saw it in person I could not believe how beautiful it was.

I don't know if you've been there but that place literally changed my life... it was like going to Disney World for the first time
pimp.gif

spent the last couple years carless after my sc400 bit the dust

been driving my moms camry (
laugh.gif
) for the past couple weeks and having a blast. love driving on 280, been putting in like 400 miles a week on it

looking to get a golf tdi around december.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

I dont have my license and im of age. Am I losing?

You're definitely losing. Unless you dislike driving, in which you're not missing anything, but if you're indifferent you should get your license and try it. Either way get the license cause you'll need it sooner or later.

You remind me of myself when I was younger, my friends an I went to all the Greenwich dealerships an they treated us like royalty, @ age 26 I don't have a Lambo yet, good luck to you and your endeavors OP.

@Al Audi: thank you, good luck to you too, maybe I'll see you at a Lambo meet some day 
wink.gif

@Mitchellicious: most definitely... a lot of people take it for granted, what might be mundane and boring to you means the world to someone else

laugh.gif

Where?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Oh you didn't hear about my little NYC exotic car shopping trip? I was in the city last week and I had to do it

I screwed around in the Maserati dealership on York St near the ACE Canal St. stop but that was just the beginning.

I went to Manhattan Motorcars after that and walked in, basically implied that I was going to buy a Lambo... and they treat you like royalty. I'm a teenager, was wearing casual clothes (shorts/slides), and this wicked FINE female was helping me buy a Ferrari 458
laugh.gif

That was where I saw the LP640 roadster in gray and I KNEW I had to own that in my life. I liked the car but when I saw it in person I could not believe how beautiful it was.

I don't know if you've been there but that place literally changed my life... it was like going to Disney World for the first time
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and at the same time

20thxxz.png

I have to go there this weekend. Ive seen the Maserati dealer and some other dealer on 11th ave, but I have to go to Manhattan Motorcars.

And damn man you were in NYC? Shouldve hit me up man

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and at the same time

20thxxz.png

I have to go there this weekend. Ive seen the Maserati dealer and some other dealer on 11th ave, but I have to go to Manhattan Motorcars.

Eh I did kind of semi-try to hit you up... it's a long story
laugh.gif
next time I come to NYC (I'm there pretty much all the time, my entire extended family lives there) I'll hit you up

Definitely go to Manhattan Motorcars. That place is like a showroom of perfection. Just one tip though: make sure you show that you're interesting in buying a car. Not saying lie and say you got cash, but tell them you're interested. It's a lot different
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and at the same time

20thxxz.png

Eh I did kind of semi-try to hit you up... it's a long story
laugh.gif
next time I come to NYC (I'm there pretty much all the time, my entire extended family lives there) I'll hit you up

Definitely go to Manhattan Motorcars. That place is like a showroom of perfection. Just one tip though: make sure you show that you're interesting in buying a car. Not saying lie and say you got cash, but tell them you're interested. It's a lot different
pimp.gif
I think I know what youre talking about
laugh.gif
. But yea man, next time you come around let me know
pimp.gif

I love it and hate it.
I hate traffic. I hate driving to work. I hate driving somewhere when I feel like it's a chore for me. I also hate construction, checkstops, police, speed traps, stupidly long cargo trains where I have to wait at the intersections (like 15 min. sometimes!). I also hate other people when I drive because there are TONS of idiots on the road who don't deserve a license.

I love casual drives late night, or a Sunday cruise. I drive through most group outings with buddies when we carpool. I prefer to drive everywhere if I have to go somewhere. I hate riding passenger in any vehicle, especially the back seat. 

However, I'm also not a chauffeur or delivery boy. If it's out of the way or if I don't intend on driving at the moment, I won't pick up my keys. 
laugh.gif

OP: You're 17.  
laugh.gif
 I'll take your word for it if you feel the same way 10 years later. It'll get tiresome.

Not too much into cars, but i do love driving. Im always down for long trip anywhere anytime. Just wish gas prices werent so 
sick.gif
. But as far as excitement...I think the most fun car ive ever driven was one of those Mini Cooper sports... *!$#!* hauled @** and it handled like a dream. My pops best friend auctioned off high end cars... so i got to taste some of the best. Driven a couple Ferraris, Porsche, Aston Martin and a few others. Never got to get in a Lambo or Saleen 
mad.gif
. Dude had both at one point but i never tried em out. But i think the Cooper was my fav cuz it was a lot smaller and still hauled. Plus i didnt have that fear in the back of my mind that if something happened to it my @** was in deep $#!+ 
laugh.gif
 The car i really wanna drive now is the Nissan GTR. But since my pops passed
frown.gif
 i dont even talk to that dude anymore 

I think I know what youre talking about
laugh.gif
. But yea man, next time you come around let me know
pimp.gif

Nah you don't
laugh.gif

And yeah most definitely... you going to let me push the CR-V?

I own a 06 CR-V and its not so bad to drive. I got wider wheels so it helps handle better and less prone to rollover. The turn radius is smooth so I can make u-turns with ease. I don't have to worry about speedbumps too. Which I had to avoid with my past lowered cars. Lots of head room too. Not much blind spots. If you were in Cali i'd let you drive my V.
smile.gif

SUVs have me feeling weird, they're so high up compared to sedans that I feel like I'm in a lifeguard chair or something about to tip over if I do a turn over 20 mph 
laugh.gif

I'd like my car so low it's practically scraping the ground (for performance, no hellaflush though
sick.gif
), that's why I love exotic cars.

Speaking of Cali, aren't the roads there beautiful? No bad weather means the roads remain smooth for years, right?

Back
Top Bottom