Anyone else here just LOVE driving? Vol. It feels GREAT

It really just gets mundane after a while. Recreational/sport driving (off-roading and track) is different though. I am talking about everyday commuting. I used to drive to wherever I can whenever I can when I was your age. I even backed-up my mom's jeep from the garage to the edge of the driveway for her whenever she goes to work just to get that drive time in.

After 22yrs since my first drive and licenses from three countries, if I was gonna go out for anything with my wife, I'd let her drive while I enjoy the scenery. Like others have said OP, enjoy it while it lasts and drive safe!

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Don't listen to these fools. I've been driving almost 10 years and I still really enjoy it. I love the quiet time behind the wheel (even though my music is blasting lol). I love the feeling of control. I love having to adapt to everything outside of the car. It's just a great feeling/experience imo.

This.
Driving is therapeutic to me. I love my music blasting w/ my windows down. 

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Word, driving around Houston is a %%%+% sometimes.

Houston traffic
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

probably the only thing I won't miss about houston...

But yeah I hate driving in general too....

aren't you in austin now though?
laugh.gif
traffic there isn't much better is it?

didn't even think about that when I typed that comment 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

austin traffic sucks !@% especially around the UT area, sucks extra hard for me since i suck at parallel parking 
frown.gif

Been driving since I was 16, I am 21 now. I love driving in general, but driving at night while jamming to some tunes =
pimp.gif
. I usually just cruise in left lane, going the speed limit. I don't know why people drive so aggressively and speed down the highway. I drive a 1997 Nissan 240sx and it's a manual. Driving manual > driving automatic. You feel more in tune with the road shifting the gears yourself. I live in Houston, and the traffic gets ******ed crazy sometimes, but I would still opt for a manual. Once you learn to drive manual, I doubt you want to go back.

I enjoy driving, but only when the scenery is great or when I'm actually driving the car rather than just keeping the car straight, pretty much I would like to drive on a road that feels like a track.

I don't mind driving though because it's the only time when I can go all out with my singing, I don't care what the guy driving next to me thinks
laugh.gif

it all depends on where you live...If I was in LA i'd hate driving. I go to LA a few times a year and I can't stand the traffic. Takes me 45 mins-1 hr just to get across town no thx. Driving in any major city sucks as well especially around downtown areas. Downtown sf is horrible during commute hours.

i'd rather drive someone else's car to be honest.  plus traffic is bad as hell here because all the construction. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Drivin' wit' your lady/jumpoff in the passenger seat wit' music blarin' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually... Drivin' wit' your lady/jumpoff behind the wheel of your car while youre in the passenger seat wit' music blarin' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
laugh.gif
 Touche 
wink.gif
This and that.

Haven't really driven since I moved away & downtown, but just drove a friend's Mini S the other day... felt so so good to be throwing the 2-3-4 shifts.

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

17? Trust me it'll get tiresome

Enjoy these days

I drive a Honda Element, and driving is definitely the %**$. It's a good time to just chill, and think about things.
EDIT: Someone should put together a list of driving roads for specific areas.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Keep those miles down on your car. Dont drive unless you have to.

Honestly, I'd pay extra for gas and use my car far more often just because I love to drive it if I had one.

It's like balling in your favorite kicks, if you love those shoes you'd play in them every chance you got.
it's not just gas, it's insurance and maintenance. I'm biased but I'm in the insurance industry and if you are driving 22,000 miles a year(think state avg in CA is 13,000 miles - I'm driving 6,000 or less), you are considered more of a risk and you are supposed to pay more insurance.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Gotta have a nice car to have fun driving.

Nah that's not true at all. If you love driving you'd like it no matter what car it was.

Driving a car that doesn't handle well is not fun. it sucks

Driving and listening to really good music loud with the windows down is the best. I love to drive. But these days it's just too expensive with gas prices. Can't do it like I used to. 

Keep those miles down on your car. Dont drive unless you have to.

Honestly, I'd pay extra for gas and use my car far more often just because I love to drive it if I had one.

It's like balling in your favorite kicks, if you love those shoes you'd play in them every chance you got.
it's not just gas, it's insurance and maintenance. I'm biased but I'm in the insurance industry and if you are driving 22,000 miles a year(think state avg in CA is 13,000 miles - I'm driving 6,000 or less), you are considered more of a risk and you are supposed to pay more insurance.

6,000 miles or less sounds so boring, an if you make car payments what a waste, you should just buy a used hoopty an maintain it if you drive that little. no?
i mean do you not go anywhere? and do you work around the block from your crib for work?

i feel all the driving i do is needed......i mean who just drives around for no reason, we all did that in maybe HS?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

6,000 miles or less sounds so boring, an if you make car payments what a waste, you should just buy a used hoopty an maintain it if you drive that little. no?
i mean do you not go anywhere? and do you work around the block from your crib for work?

i feel all the driving i do is needed......i mean who just drives around for no reason, we all did that in maybe HS?
4 miles one way to work. I cut down my driving over the past two years, then again I don't run around like I used to...my car is paid off. Just to add, if your car is leased, you pay for each mile past the mileage limit. Most adults I know are concerned about limits, insurance and mileage. If you are a kid and not paying your own insurance, you usually do not care about costs related to driving.

Nothing beats late nights in the Fall with all windows down on the freeway.
Just me, the moon, and 425 horses.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE driving!

Ever since I was about 5 or 6 years old.

From driving my little Powerwheels Jeep Wrangler everyday in the park when I was little, to playing NASCAR simulator games on my computer everyday, with my steering wheel for hours everyday, to driving real cars now. I LOVE driving.

Ive wanted to be a race car driver for as long as I can remember and Ive loved cars like all my life.

I feel like driving is my thing, my skill. My dream is to become a racecar driver or even like a test driver for some car companies, or even do what the guys on Top Gear do
pimp.gif

I never see myself getting tired of driving. Been driving since I was 16 and at 21, its still not old. I never have a problem picking people up and dropping people off. Unless I feel like Im being taken advantage of, then there is a problem.

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Don't listen to these fools. I've been driving almost 10 years and I still really enjoy it. I love the quiet time behind the wheel (even though my music is blasting lol). I love the feeling of control. I love having to adapt to everything outside of the car. It's just a great feeling/experience imo.

This.
Driving is therapeutic to me. I love my music blasting w/ my windows down. 

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
   Yup.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Ive wanted to be a race car driver for as long as I can remember and Ive loved cars like all my life.

I feel like driving is my thing, my skill. My dream is to become a racecar driver or even like a test driver for some car companies, or even do what the guys on Top Gear do
pimp.gif

I never see myself getting tired of driving. Been driving since I was 16 and at 21, its still not old. I never have a problem picking people up and dropping people off. Unless I feel like Im being taken advantage of, then there is a problem.

Yeah me too. Test driving for a performance car company is my dream job... you could pay me poverty money and I'd still wake up every morning happy as hell
pimp.gif

And yeah driving is my unwavering confidence trait. Sometimes I'm not feeling my look, or my basketball skills, or whatever, but I NEVER EVER doubt my driving skills
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

pimp.gif

Yeah me too. Test driving for a performance car company is my dream job... you could pay me poverty money and I'd still wake up every morning happy as hell
pimp.gif

And yeah driving is my unwavering confidence trait. Sometimes I'm not feeling my look, or my basketball skills, or whatever, but I NEVER EVER doubt my driving skills
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed on everything you said 100%
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom