anyone else losing interest in SNEAKERS?

Yep. Lost interest a year ago. I only come to NT for general
pimp.gif

i still respect the shoe thing but after selling most of my stuff a couple years back I'm loving putting that money into other things.

plus vans and NBs are dope AND comfortable

I just try to cop some old sneakers i never got bc i was broke. If not i just double up on pairs. but anything new, not really loving it. If you're tryingto get rid of stuff let me know asap!

I buy here and there but all on the fuel of my own interest....which is usually a skate shoe.

But even as a avid member of NT, 99% of my time is here in the General forum...which is really like looking at yahoo news or something cause anything that ison a mainstream format will be on here.

Sneakers.... years ago

My last pair of shoes = Red Wing Traveler.

Sneakers suck nowadays and looking at the barrel of $250K in debt from school has had a lot to do with my buying power.

Come to NT for General forum.

I haven't been into sneakers for a few years now. I think it's a combination of me getting older, and the decline of JB. I pretty much come here justfor S&T.

I'm 23 and still wear sneakers. Theres always n appropriate time to wear sneakers and when not to. As for jordan don't think i'll ever loseinterest.

I was never really into collecting sneakers in the first place, the 5-6 months or so that I was into sneakers I found NT, found the general board, stayed ingeneral.

This on-line forum has effect on to many peoples lives.

I gave up sneakers for general forum.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

With that said I fear my love for sneakers will run out after 2010
smh.gif

Everything I ever wanted will be have been retrod by then, I may do little pick up every now and then though.

And of course if the REAL Mcflys ever come out.......
pimp.gif

This is when we separate those who did it as a trend, or because it was cool......and those who really love sneakers.

Admit it...you guys did it to simply break necks and get some looks from the ladies.

You college/older guys don't care about sneakers because people don't care any more about what you wear. Yes you'll say you have your prioritiesand such, but it doesn't hurt to at least buy 1 or 2 pairs every now and then when the occasion passes by.

Admit it yall...

the sneaker era was fun while it lasted, havent copped a pair of jordans since like 4years

I will be coming out of retirement for the spacejams though for sure

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i still respect the shoe thing but after selling most of my stuff a couple years back I'm loving putting that money into other things.

plus vans and NBs are dope AND comfortable

QFT. I mean i still luv sneakers dont get me wrong, but Jordans i've quite had it. I remember j's being exclusive and now it's so mainstream itsdisgusting. Now all i really buy are vans which r mad confortable and air maxes.

Nike has released pretty much everything Ive wanted to have. and Jordan's were done years ago.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

This is when we separate those who did it as a trend, or because it was cool......and those who really love sneakers.

Admit it...you guys did it to simply break necks and get some looks from the ladies.

You college/older guys don't care about sneakers because people don't care any more about what you wear. Yes you'll say you have your priorities and such, but it doesn't hurt to at least buy 1 or 2 pairs every now and then when the occasion passes by.

Admit it yall...

I cant speak for everyone but to be honest it is actually the opposite. You younger guys are actually doing as a fad trend thus the reason no new designsnothing innovating being madde, and the just keep reproducing the same shoes over and over and over and over. Its what you guys want. You guys want the airjordan 4 to be released 3 times in a 5 yr period. And it actually wasnt a trend for us because we were the og's to the shoe game because if it wasnt for usmaking them popular/trendy, you guys wouldnt have the re re retro of the air raid, or the air trainer sc etc being retroed for the 3 and 4 times in a 10 yrtime frame.

We bought the jordans the pippens etc to be unique because they were innovating, new designs creativity never before seen in footwear. So like i said if youlook at it, its the younger crowd thats just being trendy following a fad copy cat style etc. I mean look at the current generation period the last 5-10 yrsfashion has been reincarnations of the mid 80's-mid 90's. We did that so why would we continue to do the same styles trends we created.

As far as buying the new shoes they are only new to you guys. We already had them and been there. And depending on how old you are, you still may have them.Most of my ogs and retros look better then alot of the younger cats etc re re retros. My aj v look brand new with no yellowing and made of a better higherquality. And i paid $115 for them, and can still wear them. So why would i buy the same shoe again in a cheaper quality with key parts and details removed fromthe shoe, and lacking the same materials for 50-60 bucks more. I occasionally wear some of my kicks or bring em out. I did the griffeys. All the young kidslike wow how you get them early, are yours real, why is yours made of suede and mines of synthetic leather. Etc things like that.

Its not that we hate the game its just like collecting comics or something why buy reissues of superman when you have all the original comics. Why would i buya mitchell n ness etc barkley jersey when i have the og league issued champion jersey. I mean maybe the trend/fad is to wear cheap knock-offs of og's at a15-30% markup.

Like i said i cant speak for all my old heads, but ill say this while the young pups stay up on ebay eastbay etc, or wait patiently outside the foot lockersetc for aj 11 spacejams knock offs, ill just walk past sippin my coffee wearing my transparent blue og space jams with the 45 on the back and say "yeathat was me at one time", but at least when i got them they were unique, original, and made top quality for the greatest basketball player on earth.

Back
Top Bottom