Anyone else stop watching SportsCenter/ESPN?

Is ESPN crap now?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Kinda crappy

• I don't like sports

• Total voters
That Andrew Wiggins interview that sportscenter had yesterday was awful

Yes, that was bad on both ends. Towards the end when Wiggins "couldn't hear" and he asked the question 3 times was bad. Had me thinking was he dodging the question, didn't understand the wording of the questions, was unprepared to answer the politically correct way, or really couldn't hear. You would think someone would have prepared him for that interview, very awful...

If there isn't a game on ESPN, I barely watch that channel for more than 3 minutes on any given day. They hire a bunch of hacks and are too busy promoting yellow journalism to be worth my time. When they decide to stop sensationalizing nonsense, and entertaining and probing topics that are inherently noisy and pointless, I'll give them a chance .

The 30 for 30s are the only thing they do well aside from broadcasting sports in high definition.

Same could probably be said for CNBC up above.

Last edited:
If Sportscenter is bad journalism can someone direct me to where I could go for good sports journalism?

I really don't understand the hate.
It's freaking sports.

Srs question.
Somebody help me understand.

I can only tolerate the 11 PM LA edition with Stan Verrett and Neil Everett and Chris Berman's recap of NFL games.

If Sportscenter is bad journalism can someone direct me to where I could go for good sports journalism?

I really don't understand the hate.
It's freaking sports.

Srs question.
Somebody help me understand.
I feel you on this. It's just cool to some people to say that they hate espn

With the Premier League starting up in about 10 days, NBCSports > ESPN

With the Premier League starting up in about 10 days, NBCSports > ESPN

Really miss Fox's coverage of the Prem. they'd have games and highlites on all day. NBC has way too many sports on one channel and no nightly roundup show like the fox sports report.

Still watch it if I have time.

Some sports shows are good : PTI, Around the horn, 30 for 30...

Still watch it.

Top 10 is a staple of my life.

And Cassidy Hubbarth :evil:

She needs to be on more shows. I also saw Toney Collins for the first time last month and she was gorgeous. Lebatard's radio co-host can't tell them apart and thought they were the other person. I think they brought Cassidy in the studio so he could apologize and then after they revealed it was Toney and he had no idea.

View media item 1114471View media item 1114485

Last edited:
I usually have it on in the background while I'm doing something else. Besides games, I really just watch the documentary stuff they'd have, Mike & Mike, and SportsNation. Bloopers are never not funny. 1st Take is the only thing I avoid completely in recent times. I'm sure I've only watched it 3 times in the past 2 years. If I wanted to listen to extremists yell their trolling viewpoints, I'll just go into any thread relating to the Lakers or Lebron-Heat.

I'm with OP. I DVR "First Take" & "PTI", and that's it. SportsCenter is only useful to me during NBA free agency or trade deadline. The post game press conferences for NCAA/NBA games aren't bad either.

I watch it to catch headlines. Not really interested in watching SportsCenter or anything. First Take/PTI are good. 30 for 30 always delivers.

This time of year I don't really. I don't get too caught up in baseball, I mostly just follow pro and college Bball and NFL so summer time is kind of dead space.

I keep tellin y'all ESPN radio ESPN television.

Mike and Mike, Cowherd, SVP&Russilo, Dan Lebetard, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom