anyone else think in the 20's relationships are worthless and overrated for the most part

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Too much importance is put on "relationships" by a lot of you guys. Nobody is going to complete you but you. Find your passions in life and pursue them, everything else falls into place. Women and men have been brainwashed into the "completes me" or "only really happy with love" paradigm %*@!*##!. You can live a happy meaningful incredible life no matter what situation you are in. Life ain't a Disney movie.

This
Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Not even.

Everyone matures at their own rate. And when someone is ready, willing, and mature enough to get into a relationship, I don't see why their age should forecast whether or not it would be successful.

The problem is when you have two people who are mentally and emotionally immature (or on the cusp) getting into relationships. I've seen people in their fifties who still haven't reached that point yet and the relationship subsequently falters in effect. And this is primarily due to the fact that they've been wronged and written off the idea of love.

So, it is best to get out there to not only learn about yourself, but the needs of others. Eventually, you'll be secure and grounded enough in yourself to make a relationship work.
This is an awesome post.
That.

BTW, the age thing annoys me. I know women HUNG UP on the fact that they're single and XYZ age...worrying about their eggs and what not. 

I personally think that people have a void in their lives and think that it will be filled when they get in a relationship. i think that you should be completely satisfied with yourself and happy before you bring someone else in your life and try to make them happy. And that in itself has no age limit nor restriction. Enjoy life and dont stress so much. im learning this life lesson myself.

Only pointless if you're rushing into something for the sake of wanting to be in a relationship. I think a lot of 20-somethings treat love & relationships as some rat race. Take your time. You have all the time in the world.

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Depends Really. I agree with were young and don't know what we want. But Some people already have good income, solid career, why not try to settle down and be happy with that person to top it off.

People like to smash and dash, others pursue love, Miss. Right. We're young & foolish still, enjoy.

I don't choose to smash every girl I see, not my lifestyle. I'd rather be in a relationship and share my accomplishments and happiness with that one girl. Indeed females don't know what they want, but I can wait till they make up their minds. but glad I'm doing the Army route, seeing the world, building up $$$ and staying young and single. I'm In no rush.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

I kinda agree because once i graduate i don't even plan on living in this same state, so until i'm done in the next 2 years or so (ill be 253) i don't really see myself taking anything serious

This.

You need to practice being in relationships so you know what you're looking for exactly and how to act in one. Experience is what you need in order to figure out who you are and what you need in your life exactly.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

You need to practice being in relationships so you know what you're looking for exactly and how to act in one. Experience is what you need in order to figure out who you are and what you need in your life exactly.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Too much importance is put on "relationships" by a lot of you guys. Nobody is going to complete you but you. Find your passions in life and pursue them, everything else falls into place. Women and men have been brainwashed into the "completes me" or "only really happy with love" paradigm %*@!*##!. You can live a happy meaningful incredible life no matter what situation you are in. Life ain't a Disney movie.

Lock Thread.

IDK man...Im 21 and Im less experienced than most people my age with relationships....its good in a lot of ways...especially when a good numbers of these clowns are whipped to the tee...I think it will better myself in the long run

....on the other side of the coin that 'long run' isn't a guarantee..and I feel a void in my life right now from not having that girl for support...sometimes I get worried that I'm losing (or maybe already lost) my capacity to give love and affection.

I married @ 21 and was divorced by 27.  I'm now 31 and married to my best friend.  I wouldn't say it was worthless, but it was an incredible learning experience for me.

I don't plan on being in a relationship until im upper 30's almost 40. Not worth it, its not going to last. I say its only worth it knowing its not going to last and just enjoy it for what it is. But at the same time, you can't tell the future...

I dont think its worthless but my mindset at 23 is stay focused on work and stack my money. Smash some girls and keep it moving( not tryin to sound cocky)I really dont want the stress of a relationship. Maybe I just aint meet the right girl yet...

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

50% of all relationships have an expiration date anyway . Im 22 year old and I "date" i have two girls that i talk too. Alot of people in the 20's "date" or smash and just dash until its time to settle down.  Plus im noticing in my peers even females friends have dudes on rotation with out knowing it
eek.gif
. You just cant have relationships in your early 20's man just gotta reach your life goals first

i find this somewhat true, but i'm still optimistic about that one special girl changing my thoughts about stuff like this. simp mode 
eyes.gif
smokin.gif

It all depends on meeting that right person. age has nothing to do with it.

Balloonoboy said it best, age should not forecast the success of the relationship.
My parents met in college, got married at 23, and have been together ever since.

A lot of people write off the idea of being with another person because they think there are "better opportunities" waiting for them possibly.
Well how can you know whats the best opportunity for you unless you jump out there and test the waters?

Just be mature and go for a mature relationship. Just because the first date you go on isn't with the perfect girl, doesn't mean relationships aren't for you. That means SHE wasn't.

exactly what you should not do in a relationship...find someone who will love you for you and you'll be money.

....come on... you know he meant act as in conduct or handle ones self. i understand the whole find someone who loves you for you concept but all relationships require some form of sacrifice.

I refuse to get into a serious relationship again until I'm older than 25.

Being in a serious relationship allows for too much risk against my life goals.

Women are manipulative monsters.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

....come on... you know he meant act as in conduct or handle ones self. i understand the whole find someone who loves you for you concept but all relationships require some form of sacrifice.
isnt that how most relationships end though? we put up this act in the first ___ months or years and once we're sick of acting, the real you comes out...
ohwell.gif
 maybe just me?

Originally Posted by tizoni

I have friends that are 20 and are already married 
roll.gif

I can't imagine being tied down like that this early 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Same here, seems like some people are in a huge rush to tie the knot. No way in hell would i be able to get married right now, i'm 23.

Originally Posted by hotshots24

isnt that how most relationships end though? we put up this act in the first ___ months or years and once we're sick of acting, the real you comes out...
ohwell.gif
 maybe just me?
i agree with you. but he wasnt using the word "act" in that sense.

Originally Posted by hotshots24

ohwell.gif
 maybe just me?
i agree with you. but he wasnt using the word "act" in that sense.
understood 
smile.gif
 and to answer OP's question...nah, sometimes we go through that "worthless" stage in high school, and some in their 20's. Like plenty of said, it's not the age it's the maturity level

Dope thread. It's really an open debate, good points to both sides. Dope perspectives from people my age bracket.

Somebody posted above, 20's are freshman year stage. crawl, walk, run phases on relationships.. A Sure Thing Just Might Fail you, and we live and learn from our breakups/fallouts.

Even though I'm young, & single, I don't rule out relationships, If a girl has serious potential why not, if I get burned, So be it.. 'Tis' Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all'

I'm not looking for anything serious, while I'm in the army cause women cannot cope with my job and what it brings to the table. But When I get out in 2014, I'll be 24, I'd seriously would look to settle down, have a solid career benefiting from the Army.

Times flies and lifes short. People tend to forget. Don't take it for granted..

Back
Top Bottom