Anyone else think Two and a Half Men is awful?

Nah the early 2.5 was great. You got Charlie smashing multiple females in one episode, if you cant appreciate that I don't know what to say...

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I love this show. The jokes are just so damn blunt.
laugh.gif

Word.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Agreed, stupid show

no thread jack..

but my wife and I were looking to get into a new sit-com.. any suggestions?

We were thinking about "How I Met Your Mother"
ANYTHING on NBCs thursday night lineup.

all of it is comedic gold.

this

+ the big bang theory

its a shame the only funny thing in that clip was the moan track lol.
I hate these cookie cutter sitcoms.

earlier episodes were hilarious to me. I'll admit that I haven't been watching the more recent episodes tho.

Agreed, stupid show

no thread jack..

Even the Office, no matter how hard it's been freefalling, is still funnier than anything 2 1/2 Men has made.

Yeah I am starting to wonder if whoever put that hit out on Jon Cryer was just doing it in the name of preserving comedy. The guy probably had the same mentality as those who kill abortion doctors. He thought he was saving millions by knocking off the comedic genius that is Jon Cryer.

meh, I don't really watch it. But when I have seen it its not great but its better than 75% of this stuff out there...and so there-in lies the main problem.

Agreed, stupid show

no thread jack..

truth, and I love the likes of seinfeld, curb, arrested development, and lesser known, Mr show with bob and david.

Thursdays NBC lineup has kept me around watching basic primetime. without that channel, its over for me

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Agreed, stupid show

no thread jack..

Mordern Family..

How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, The Big Bang Theory, and Two and a Half Men are pure comedy for me.

And sorry, I find The Office straight garbage. Watched a full season one day with this chick at her house Laughed maybe twice. And my sense of humor is very good. But I find the show just plain dumb.

Now if you want to speak of an underrated show, Scrubs was a prime example of comedic gold.

Ok....

First off. Two and A half men is not what it was 2 seasons ago because they gave Charlie a steady/fiance. However, it looks like she's gone now and now he can get back to his whoring ways. In my opinion, it appears that they are preparing for the end of the show's run. I really think they will end it with a Charlie/Rose marriage. As far as Alan being Milly's father...that I'm not sure about. Herb (Ryan Stiles) is too good of a guy for them to screw over like that.

Second. Big Bang Theory is the BEST comedy on TV right now. It's just funny as hell. Give it a chance. If Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon Cooper, does not win an emmy before the shows run is up, then there is something seriously wrong with the people that choose emmy winners. His blunt comedic timing is so freaking spot on....he doesn't even have to be speaking or moving to be funny.

Third. As for a show that's really growing on me, it would have to be Accidentally On Purpose. It stars Jenna Elfman (Dharma from Dharma and Greg) and this 20-something college (culinary school) dude that knocks her up. But that's not the funny part. The funny comes from the culinary student's buddy, Davis. The interaction between him and the other characters is pretty damn funny.

Falling off but still funny...
The Office (has seen better days, but still funny)
How I Met Your Mother (tell us who the f'ing mother is already)
Two and Half Men (above)
North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (ZING!)

On the rise/golden comedy...
Big Bang Theory (above)
Chuck (love this show for some reason)
Entourage (some disagree, but I still love this show)
Gary Unmarried (who'd a thunk it...Jay Mohr can be a funny dude)

i've never watched an episode..but based off the commercials i've seen for it..i think it sucks

laugh.gif
I caught this same thing earlier today, it was hilarious.

And yes the show is awful. Formulaic, boring, repetitive characters, show is terrible.

I also saw a video of The Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed, and I didn't laugh once, nothing they said seemed funny.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Co-sign.  Show sucks and i even tried to watch it twice.

Cosign.  Isn't it like the highest rated sitcom though? smh.

ive tried to watch it a million times, show is horrible. i dont even know how its been on the air so long.

Back
Top Bottom