Anyone ever bake bacon?

I'm curious about trying it. I've done the microwave and also used the frying pan, but I've heard that you can bake it as well. For those of youwho bake the bacon on the regular, do I need to flip the strips after a couple minutes, or do I just leave it in?

I just microwave it in paper towels. Baking is going to take a lot of work for something that will be eaten so quick.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I just microwave it in paper towels. Baking is going to take a lot of work for something that will be eaten so quick.
roll.gif
roll.gif
you aint nvr lie

Too much energy for so little amounts. Only bake if I'm wrapping something up in bacon.

it's probably going to burn and smoke b/c of all the fat... maybe try a food website for pointers.

im a chef and everyplace i worked we baked them on a sheetpan due to the amount we have to cook and its faster.. so yes it works and no you dont have to flipit

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by Yoda

I've put some bacon on the BBQ when I was making burgers...
pimp.gif
you prolly piled it on your burgers...

i dunno how you ever stopped being a fat sloppy sucka
tired.gif

Notice how nobody posted after you did.

Way to kill a thread, you lame.

im an avid cook, and if you were to bake bacon, you should double rack with a sheetpan as your base, then the fat will drip to the bottom. Put it on the middlerack of your oven and make sure to check regularly because it can smoke.

ya'll should try to make your own bacon..

I've done it...and you can cut it to whatever thickness you want instead of those rinky dink thin strips you get at the supermarket
delicious

my aunt bakes bacon... on this funny pan where the grease falls through... still taste good too... and besides since pigs one of the nastiest animals I'drather have the meat cooked long to ensure the death of any parasite if there's any...

can't believe you guys cook pork in the microwave.... pin and tape worms FTW? i don't agree.

Back
Top Bottom