Anyone ever fly Spirit Airlines?

I did two years ago, you can’t sleep on the tray in front of you because the seats are closer together in front and behind you than normal flights. Had more layovers.

Never. Probably never will. I've flown Frontier and people say it's similar. It wasn't nice but it wasn't horrible.

I did when I was in crunch lol if you’re traveling light you’ll be straight.

The seats doesn’t recline. Best thing to do is get the extra large seats in the front or the exit row.

Buy your food and bring on the plane. They charge you for everything.

Use it for only short flights.

Last edited:
Booked a round trip through Spirit (LGA to LAX) a few summers back.

Plane was fully boarded and had left the terminal, but they kept us on the tarmac for 2.5 hours before clearing us to approach the runway. Didn’t offer us any refreshments until 90 minutes into the delay.

Return flight was canceled the day before departure for no reason. Had to scramble to find another flight back; closest was to Newark.

Never again:smh:.

I flew Spirit once in like 09 before they had the new branding, and I mean it wasnt bad. It was to Mia so short 3 hour flight. The reputation alone makes me wanna avoid it now though.

Yep. $50 round trip from ATL to basically any major city. Clutch when I want to pop out and kick it for the weekend.

Never. Probably never will. I've flown Frontier and people say it's similar. It wasn't nice but it wasn't horrible.
Flew Frontier once, never flying any of those cheap joints again.

I fly Frontier all the time and have never had a problem. Spirit on the other hand, had me drive 5 hours to Kansas City to fly to Vegas and didn't even bother to tell their customers the flight was canceled and offered no compensation what so ever. I thought I was gonna go to jail that day.

I fly Frontier all the time and have never had a problem. Spirit on the other hand, had me drive 5 hours to Kansas City to fly to Vegas and didn't even bother to tell their customers the flight was canceled and offered no compensation what so ever. I thought I was gonna go to jail that day.
How cheap were these tickets you drove 5hrs to the airport

I’ve flown Allegiant out of Mesa,AZ before to Houston. Short flights like that with no connections are all I’d use those kind of airlines for.

Yep, wildest flight of my life. This chick sitting next to my wife and I ended up getting sh**faced and started fighting the flight attendants. She was somehow able to sneak and obscene amount of liquor onto the flight and decided we were gonna be her drinking buddies. :rofl:

My wife and I knew when to cut ourselves off, she did not. She kept ordering their drink and food bundles and ended up throwing up. It was like a frat house in the sky.

Once and that was all I needed. They made me pay to print my damn boarding pass. I would literally pay the 100 more to fly with another company.

Cheap last min flights is what Spirit is for...If you planning out a trip tho, I wouldn’t make it an option...Don’t have to spend that much more to get on a better plane and service if you booking ahead of time

I did back and forth on my trip to Atlanta from Chicago. I had no problems. If you know the rules and plan ahead you should be good

Yep, wildest flight of my life. This chick sitting next to my wife and I ended up getting sh**faced and started fighting the flight attendants. She was somehow able to sneak and obscene amount of liquor onto the flight and decided we were gonna be her drinking buddies. :rofl:

My wife and I knew when to cut ourselves off, she did not. She kept ordering their drink and food bundles and ended up throwing up. It was like a frat house in the sky.
Lmaoooo @ “it was like a frat house in the sky”

Spirits...reasonably light on the pockets and gets you where you need to go in short stints...if your tall id recommend isle seat or the emergency row. 2/3 hrs flights - - mask up, expect discomfort and tight quarters...all in all, you get what you pay for but for fast and cheap, why not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom