Anyone ever try Air Alert?

Like the title says has anyone ever tried it? Seems like a pretty good program considering it's only plyometrics. You just don't know what to believeon the net anymore. Dudes on their site claiming they can dunk after like 4 weeks when they couldn't even hit the net before and all that. I just dont wantto get into a program and waste my time if i don't even work.

did this in highschool.
saw major difference.

note: you're 'hops' decrease initially, because your legs start using different muscles to jump. then it's just about strengthening thosemuscles

don't do it on a hard surface, because it will tear up your knees.

i used to do it in my garage, and now my knees are done. i can jump out the gym, but only like 2-3 times before i have to sit down and ice my knees
laugh.gif

i've done jumpsoles before.
they worked pretty well for me, not quite sure what air alert is...

Thanks for all the answers. I think I might get into it. Seems like a legit program so I figured it would work. And right on about losing hops at first. Break'em down just to build 'em up. And for Nick0lis, it's basically a workout program of like 5-6 different leg workouts you do 3 days a week for 14weeks and 4 days a week for the 15th. I have the Air Alert III .pdf is anyone in interested in trying it or redoing it.

I'll most likely be in the gym working out, playing basketball like a I usually do and the Air Alert. I ain't spending no cash on it my man. If I startto feel it killing my knees I'll just stop. No point in blowing my knees out for a few inches to my hops.

heard air alert 3 is whack but 2 is proper

never go up higher then i think 3 quarters of the way because its just death to your knees

everything else can be done i believe, someone come in and drop the program and true knowldege on it though

I did this when i was like 14 but not the whole program. Did a couple days and im pretty sure it was bad for my legs.

I did it in high school, and I saw a significant increase in my jumping ability. It did not mess up my knees, but it does take time, and work on your part. But it pays off..IMO

Did it very inconsistently for like 7-8 weeks and there was definitely a difference. I used to do it in my house with no shoes on but you're supposed to doit with shoes.

i did it in highschool. works pretty well. pretty good improvement. it is NOT easy tho. you still have to work hard. and it's not hard to find online forfree. i am 22 now and i stopped playing ball already and my right knee is starting to hurt when i workout. im not sure if that is due to airalert or justbecause of all the playing did before. i'm just throwing that out there.

IMO your knees are going to messed up either way. You play ball long enough they'll eventually wear down. I'm just going to do it right at my house onthe carpet. Like I said if I start to feel a significant pain in my knees I'll stop. Being like 5'5-5'6 running point any progress in jumpinghigher is good for me. Right now I'm only getting like up the middle of my fingers on the backboard and that's with little to no leg workouts. Shouldadd some nice height if I actually work on my hops.

Originally Posted by Capo617

IMO your knees are going to messed up either way. You play ball long enough they'll eventually wear down. I'm just going to do it right at my house on the carpet. Like I said if I start to feel a significant pain in my knees I'll stop. Being like 5'5-5'6 running point any progress in jumping higher is good for me. Right now I'm only getting like up the middle of my fingers on the backboard and that's with little to no leg workouts. Should add some nice height if I actually work on my hops.
not just that. but there are numerous accounts of airalert to actually mess up your knees, and not just because of regular "wear &tear" from playing ball. and no i dont think you will feel the pain right away and stop like how you are telling us. they wont get messed up overnight andjust snap off or break. just be cautious dude and do your homework. and yes it should add some nice height. i was a 5'5 hs sophomore and i can tap the rimafter airalert.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

stretching is crucial

Bingo. If you stretch out good and like take your time before you do the Air Alert I think you should be good. It says when you're on your rests in betweensets to rub those muscles out.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by Capo617

IMO your knees are going to messed up either way. You play ball long enough they'll eventually wear down. I'm just going to do it right at my house on the carpet. Like I said if I start to feel a significant pain in my knees I'll stop. Being like 5'5-5'6 running point any progress in jumping higher is good for me. Right now I'm only getting like up the middle of my fingers on the backboard and that's with little to no leg workouts. Should add some nice height if I actually work on my hops.
not just that. but there are numerous accounts of airalert to actually mess up your knees, and not just because of regular "wear & tear" from playing ball. and no i dont think you will feel the pain right away and stop like how you are telling us. they wont get messed up overnight and just snap off or break. just be cautious dude and do your homework. and yes it should add some nice height. i was a 5'5 hs sophomore and i can tap the rim after airalert.

I feel where you're coming from. I definitely will take caution though. That's why I asked here I figured someone had to of tried it. And with the50/50 results on it I figre I'll give it a try. I'm still going to do some more research on the net and all that though before I start.

your legs and knees need to be strong from the get go.. its a weird program because those needing and using this may not be able to stay up with the program. ican attest to that

Yeah I hear ya. We'll see how I do I'll probably bump the thread once I start it and see how it goes from there. Again I appreciate all the input fromeveryone.

My one experience:

Gave me tendonitis as I was foolish. Did it first thing in the mornings & not enough stretching & concrete floor.
Slight increase in vert.

I've since progressed to the Vertical Jump Bible - its a guide and program.
You have to remember that Air Alert is just the plyometric training. You will need to do weights in combination with any plyo for REAL results.

Good luck

Originally Posted by blaxoid

My one experience:

Gave me tendonitis as I was foolish. Did it first thing in the mornings & not enough stretching & concrete floor.
Slight increase in vert.

I've since progressed to the Vertical Jump Bible - its a guide and program.
You have to remember that Air Alert is just the plyometric training. You will need to do weights in combination with any plyo for REAL results.

Good luck

Thank you and I'm going to the gym for upper body and core. I usually do some squats and things like on my off day but nothing serious and consistent.I'm definitely going to stretch out every time before I do this. With all the people coming through saying they messed up their knees and all that I wantto take some precautions.

I've been doing it for the last couple weeks and have noticed a big difference. You just have to do it correctly and be careful. It really does mess withyour knees. I've stopped now. After week 8. Maybe you guys should look into The Vertical Biblehttp://www.higher-faster-sports.com/verticaljump.html?hop=mainpage1

I heard it's a lot better for your knees and stuff. And it also works. Also PM me if you do want air alert

Back
Top Bottom